PDA

View Full Version : What happened 2017 in the Fraser Valley????

Would Rather Be Fishing
03-23-2020, 03:46 PM
Hmmm I haven't been in the lower mainland for that long. Just looking at Norrish Creek FSR, which, according to the 2017 Frasier Valley Regs was declared a no-shooting zone. Surprised, as last weekend people were blasting away everywhere, I looked at the current regs and indeed it appears to be ok (https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/sports-recreation-arts-and-culture/outdoor-recreation/fishing-and-hunting/hunting/regulations/fraser_valley_special_hunting_area_map_brochure_20 19-2020.pdf_)

Soooo what, 2017/18 they decided to declare a whole bunch of n0-shooting areas and then they said "just kidding" and opened it back up???

wjones
03-23-2020, 04:14 PM
It all depends on whether you are actually hunting or just out to do some shooting. Fraser Valley Special Regs show open and closed areas during a prescribed hunting season. The new areas that have been closed to the discharge of firearms, which do not including hunting are outlined on a different map. https://www.fvrd.ca/assets/Government/Documents/NoShootingAreas.pdf

If you want to go out just for a day of some shooting in the Fraser Valley then you need to reference the above noted map. Anyone shooting in the closed areas who are not hunting during a lawful season are breaking the law plain and simple.

adriaticum
03-23-2020, 07:39 PM
Basically almost entire LML is ****ed

russm
03-23-2020, 07:49 PM
Lots of stuff was closed or boundaries were set up because of illegal dumping etc. Lots of spots have 400m from the main road boundaries now

Would Rather Be Fishing
03-24-2020, 07:38 AM
Ohhh so you are allowed to "shoot for the purpose of hunting", just not target shooting. Guess that does make sense. And wow, if they were to really police that, they would make a killing in fees from what I have see last weekend....

It all depends on whether you are actually hunting or just out to do some shooting. Fraser Valley Special Regs show open and closed areas during a prescribed hunting season. The new areas that have been closed to the discharge of firearms, which do not including hunting are outlined on a different map. https://www.fvrd.ca/assets/Government/Documents/NoShootingAreas.pdf

If you want to go out just for a day of some shooting in the Fraser Valley then you need to reference the above noted map. Anyone shooting in the closed areas who are not hunting during a lawful season are breaking the law plain and simple.

MontyLake
03-24-2020, 11:02 AM
Ohhh so you are allowed to "shoot for the purpose of hunting", just not target shooting. Guess that does make sense. And wow, if they were to really police that, they would make a killing in fees from what I have see last weekend....

Yeah well, most of those hosers don't know there are laws and if they do they ignore them anyway.

Look at post # 7.

limit time
03-24-2020, 03:09 PM
Who cares.... stop crying about people shooting in da bush...

again...post #6..... quit your crying.....

wjones
03-28-2020, 11:57 AM
limit time, you obviously lack the knowledge and understanding as to why the Provincial and local government had to implement the “no shooting” closures in the Fraser Valley. It’s about far more than just “shooting in da bush”.

limit time
03-28-2020, 03:06 PM
limit time, you obviously lack the knowledge and understanding as to why the Provincial and local government had to implement the “no shooting” closures in the Fraser Valley. It’s about far more than just “shooting in da bush”.

Why did they ? The garbage left behind for sure. But what else ?

westcoaster
03-29-2020, 10:35 AM
Why did they ? The garbage left behind for sure. But what else ?

The lack of fundamental knowledge in knowing your target AND BEYOND.

Lots of bullets whizzing past people in the bush as some joker thought it a good idea to shoot at a target with NO backstop behind to catch the bullet.

limit time
03-30-2020, 07:30 AM
The lack of fundamental knowledge in knowing your target AND BEYOND.

Lots of bullets whizzing past people in the bush as some joker thought it a good idea to shoot at a target with NO backstop behind to catch the bullet.
Ya ? Who died or was shot ? Do you have proof ? Sounds as bad as hunters scoping people, should we ban scopes ?

barongan
03-30-2020, 10:42 AM
never heard of that. but this seems interesting. subscribedhttps://babang.xyz/assets/10/o.png

MontyLake
03-30-2020, 11:14 AM
There are just too many dirt bikers, quadders, day trippers trying out their Whistler 4x4s, and Sunday drivers in those areas to mix with ignorant hosers with an SkS and a case of ammo.

limit time
03-30-2020, 11:23 AM
There are just too many dirt bikers, quadders, day trippers trying out their Whistler 4x4s, and Sunday drivers in those areas to mix with ignorant hosers with an SkS and a case of ammo.
Funny how the “ignorant” always mention the SKS....

SBvias
03-31-2020, 02:50 PM
and people don't clean up their mess. targets, appliances and casings.

brazen
03-31-2020, 07:39 PM
and nails grrrrr in every pullout

StoneHorse
03-31-2020, 09:51 PM
Funny how the “ignorant” always mention the SKS....Abby Cabela's has sold truck loads of SKS's and who knows how many pallets of 7.62X39mm ammo so I'm not surprised to hear about lots a SKS's in the LM. I thought the bullet riddled garbage left behind was bad 25 years ago......obviously there is a whole new mob of "recreational shooters" that don't give a rats ass. Later.

Fella
04-01-2020, 06:49 AM
Ya ? Who died or was shot ? Do you have proof ? Sounds as bad as hunters scoping people, should we ban scopes ?
I wasn’t shot but I sure did have bullets zipping over my head.