PDA

View Full Version : meat cutters???

curt
10-10-2007, 03:00 PM
I live in the Chilliwack area my favorite meat cutters in Langley closed down does anyone out there know of a good place local to get meat cut and sausage made it's seems to be getting harder and harder to find a decent place???

mike
10-10-2007, 05:42 PM
Don't know if they cut game meat but I got moose sausage made at Bonnetti's in Langley (on 248 just off fraser) and was very happy with the product service and price

gearjunkierob
10-10-2007, 05:49 PM
I asked at Bonetti's a short time ago...they said they don't butcher wild game. I called Beltrane Meats out near the hospital and they do take wild game, but I went to Weymouth Meats out in Matsqui at Lapadat's recommendation. They seem great there. Number is in the phone book.

Paulyman
10-10-2007, 07:34 PM
Seriously guys, I have posted this numerous times, go to NORTH SURREY QUALITY MEATS (604) 585-6328

they have taken care of me for a few years now,very friendly and make killer sausage and they don't mind after hours drop off's please verify that with them first

you won't be dissapointed

gonehunting
10-10-2007, 08:11 PM
Have used both Beltrame Meats and North Surrey Quality Meats and they were both excellent to deal with and did awesome job!!

smokey
10-10-2007, 08:16 PM
sumas meats off the whatcom rd exit ,he's the guy with all the game cut signs on the hwys,he gets really i mean really busy right now,so call ahead to put your place in line to get your animal there,i drove in his driveway at around 6-7pm sunday night with 3 bucks,2 two pointer 1 three pointer that my group got this weekend ,and he stop his dinner to get the bucks in the cooler and he had no room for them,he a really good guy to know the more you go there and he knows your face better your chance are better for your cuts
his # is 604-864-0434

wolverine
10-10-2007, 08:32 PM
sumas meats off the whatcom rd exit ,he's the guy with all the game cut signs on the hwys,he gets really i mean really busy right now,so call ahead to put your place in line to get your animal there,i drove in his driveway at around 6-7pm sunday night with 3 bucks,2 two pointer 1 three pointer that my group got this weekend ,and he stop his dinner to get the bucks in the cooler and he had no room for them,he a really good guy to know the more you go there and he knows your face better your chance are better for your cuts
his # is 604-864-0434

His name is Kurt Krack and he does a great job but you're right, he's extremely busy. I dropped off 4 deer to him on Tuesday and he was jammed up then. He took about 4 weeks to make sausage out of my black bear but it was worth it. Best in the Valley as far as I'm concerned. Been going there for years. He likes to get away on a spring bear hunt every year so if you are planning the same better check with him or you may not have anyone there to take the meat.

Cheers.:lol:

Phil
10-10-2007, 08:36 PM
Ennis Farms in Langley on 40th ave does all mine and does a great job. I've had evrything made from jerky to hams and have always been impressed. Friendly service to boot.

newhunterette
10-10-2007, 08:47 PM
we get Stoeltings in Aldergrove to do our game - chorizo, pepperoni, breakfast, brats, lanjagger - and they vaccum package it for us :)

Steeleco
10-11-2007, 12:15 AM
Thanks Paulyman, I'll look them up for sure. I'll quit hunting before Sumas gets any of my meat again. Good product, I agree, but the guy is an ASS!!!

MichelD
10-11-2007, 10:55 AM
Here's mine.

Glenny
10-24-2008, 09:08 PM
Ennis is ok if you don't mind paying 90 cents a lb. for basic processing. Very steep. Game is not weighed on sight and notices to hunters in the shop are kind of pissy. Makes you feel like a scolded teenager. Hard to swallow when you are in customer service. To their credit the smoked type sausages are very good. :|

Glenny
10-24-2008, 09:11 PM
we get Stoeltings in Aldergrove to do our game - chorizo, pepperoni, breakfast, brats, lanjagger - and they vaccum package it for us :)
Do you have a numb for this meet cutter. Thanks

moose55
10-24-2008, 09:28 PM
I am Moose55 better half and I actually work at Ennis, this is for Big Glenny, first our price is .75 per lb for deer,moose and elk and .99 per lb for bear. We don't take the weight on site as are scale is in the back of the shop were we do our domestic cutting, thus we can't weigh until we
cut on the specific day.And the signs that you are talking about just states, the way you
bring in your meat is the way you will get it back. And that once you get a call that your product is ready, you have 24 hours after that call to pick
up. I hope that we served you with a smile! Moose55's Better Half.

bigmike
10-25-2008, 04:47 AM
I am Moose55 better half and I actually work at Ennis, this is for Big Glenny, first our price is .75 per lb for deer,moose and elk and .99 per lb for bear. We don't take the weight on site as are scale is in the back of the shop were we do our domestic cutting, thus we can't weigh until we
cut on the specific day.And the signs that you are talking about just states, the way you
bring in your meat is the way you will get it back. And that once you get a call that your product is ready, you have 24 hours after that call to pick
up. I hope that we served you with a smile! Moose55's Better Half.
thats laughable
worst quality hanging area ive ever seen
the only time i had a moose at ennis it was touching the floor when i saw it in the cooler a few days later,bad practice to say the least.
I also didnt appreciate all the hair in my stewmeat.....it certainly wasnt from my animal

There is a reson kurt is always busy,he's awesome
best sausage/pepperoni/deli meat......hands down.
he's gotten out of bed to hang my game in the POURING rain....stand up guy
he might be grumpy every now and then but in his defence the only time ive seen him get angry is when somebody asked him where the rest of the meat was,deer look alot bigger before you cut them up and put them in a box.
if you want quality product at a fair price he's your guy

KURT KRACK
604-864-0434

Tarp Man
10-25-2008, 09:18 AM
I have used Sumas Meats for a deer. He did a fine job on the Sausage. Now I use Weymouth Meats. Very efficient, Larry has helped me out with deciding cuts and how much back when I was just starting out, and has also come out late for my meat drop off. They now focus just on custom cutting, and are as busy as a one-armed paper hanger. He also appreciates it when you bring in clean meat (don't most butchers? would you bring in a filthy, messy hide to a taxi?).

FLHTCUI
10-25-2008, 09:53 AM
I have no problem dealing with or recommending Ennis Meats. What you get is what you pay for... and I have no beef with Ennis.
As for a part of a moose touching the floor...have you ever seen the cutting floor of a Commercial Meat packing House?? You know the ones that are Govrnment of Canada Health Inspected??
Seems like sour grapes to me :)

JRG94
10-25-2008, 02:18 PM
we always take our game to beltrame meats in langley on 224th near the hospital, he makes pretty good sausage to

bigmike
10-25-2008, 05:29 PM
I have no problem dealing with or recommending Ennis Meats. What you get is what you pay for... and I have no beef with Ennis.
As for a part of a moose touching the floor...have you ever seen the cutting floor of a Commercial Meat packing House?? You know the ones that are Govrnment of Canada Health Inspected??
Seems like sour grapes to me :)
why is it everytime someone posts something bad about a business or a situation somebody has to call it sour grapes????

no sour grapes
our moose was touching the floor with juicy oozy puddle forming around it and my stew meat was full of hair which was really gross considering i had hosed it off with the fire hose at the cabin.
just trying to warn fellow hunters of a bad experience.