PDA

View Full Version : Back from the Tuchodi

Deaddog
10-10-2007, 06:58 AM
Just got back last week from our annual hunt on the tuchodi, met a number of great guys up there from the site, Tuchodi, NDNHunter, Hunters Captain, and more, truly enjoyed your company and thanks for stopping by!! Our hunt was hard with the weather not cooperating as it did for most of us this year, we had two sheep hunters in camp who spent a total of twelve days slogging thru up to a foot of snow, fog etc, saw rams but could never get close enough without the weather throwing a wrench into them, they did awesome though with 16 creek crossings, two of which they went down, packs and all over their heads. Between 8 of us we still managed to take five bull elk and three cow elk so all were tagged, had the usual encounters with grizz (bluffed charged to 7 paces) my gear all crapped out, Leoupold scope fogged, meindl boots had holes in the back of both boots above the ankle and my wilderness wanderer backpack literally fell apart. All in all quite an adventure, will post pics in the next day or two. Video of a 7x6 bull being shot at 25 yards as well.DD

Stone Sheep Steve
10-10-2007, 07:01 AM
Congrats Jim! Sounds like an adventure!
Looking forward to the pics and vidoes!

SSS

Elkhound
10-10-2007, 07:18 AM
Congrats Jim! Sounds like an adventure!
Looking forward to the pics and vidoes!

SSS

What SSS said.:D Can't wait.

TGF
10-10-2007, 07:29 AM
Yeah I'm hard too.

tuchodi
10-10-2007, 07:42 AM
Good to see you made it back with not to many problems. We also had a great trip and only lost 1 1/2 elk to Grizzly's. You must have had a lot of snow to deal with the last few days as we had lots the day we left and the weather sounded like it snowed for a few more days after.

Ramshot
10-10-2007, 08:07 AM
Good to hear you made it out safe Jimmy! Was good getting together with you and your neighbours upstream(Tuchodi). Was an excellent trip as I always enjoy meeting a bunch of different guys! Will talk to you soon. Ramshot. aka.ndnhunter

BCrams
10-10-2007, 08:08 AM
Hey DD - sounds like an awsome trip you had there !!!

What was that you were saying about the Wilderness Wanderers again? :) (mine is still looking new after yet another sheep trip and training with it) Time for a Barney !! Let me know anytime you'd like to have another look at mine.

kutenay
10-10-2007, 08:26 AM
My hunting pard/buddy used a WW on our 2005 trip in the Kootenays and hated it, I have treid them and cannot get it to fit or stop swaying slightly under load. This is dangerous and exhausting and I am a very experienced backpacker and have owned/used many different packs.

I am hoping to hunt the Tuchodi myself next year and will take my Mystery Ranch NICE frame packs, one with a 6500 bag on it and the Overkill version with a CrewCab plus Bivalve top lid. These are absolutely the BEST packs for BC conditions I have ever used and built like a tank.

Seems to be a "few" Grizzers up there, time to cull the population a tad, IMO.

trigger
10-10-2007, 08:32 AM
sounds like an awesome trip. Looking forward to seeing the pictures. I like the short story.

Sharkey
10-10-2007, 08:42 AM
I'd like to hear more about the Grizz bluff-charging you... I would have shat my pants right then and there. What did you do to make him leave? Or did he just take off on his own?
~D

Brambles
10-10-2007, 01:59 PM
Jim

Can't wait for your story and pics

Krico
10-10-2007, 06:26 PM
I wondered when we'd be getting a hunt report from you. I'm sure the video footage will be as good as your other stuff I've seen...
Good job on the elk, too bad the sheep weren't cooperating.

MtnBoy
10-10-2007, 08:24 PM
Welcome back Jim. You and your guys did awesome up there this year! Way to go man.

Murder
10-10-2007, 09:17 PM
Yeah I'm hard too.

LMAO........................................:razz:

Macgregor
10-14-2007, 04:46 PM
Thanks for reminding me about my head underwater Jim. The funny thing is even though I went through hell up there I already can't wait to do it again:lol: Ah! the life of a hunter.