PDA

View Full Version : Superfeet Insoles

Talltimber1
03-05-2020, 09:32 AM
I have a pair of Han Wag boots i was thinking of upgrading the insole in.
Are Superfeet worth the money?
And has anyone tried the Guide model and if so how much thicker than the factory insole was it?

wideopenthrottle
03-05-2020, 09:45 AM
I have used them in my work boots for years but my last boots (Dakota from marks work warehouse) came with a spongy insert that feels good and doesn't cut through the lining (marked "Air Comfort") I have been warned to be careful using the hard ones in expensive boots as they can cut through the gortex lining...not sure if that is a concern or not for you

todbartell
03-05-2020, 10:03 AM
I have been using Superfeet insoles in most of my footwear for the last 15 years. They're great!

Bubbacanuck
03-05-2020, 10:20 AM
Superfeet rock! I have used for a long time in my: ski boots, steel toes for work, gym shoes, hiking boots etc. They make a world of difference in my opinion and are worth every penny.

Ron.C
03-05-2020, 10:33 AM
Like any other footwear/footbed, really depends on your particular fit and your feet. My buddy swears by them, but they dont work for me. Compared to the price of quality boots, insoles are cheap. Best thing you can do is try them and make up your own mind.

todbartell
03-05-2020, 11:31 AM
Superfeet has a 60 day satisfaction guarantee. There's no risk in trying them out

wideopenthrottle
03-05-2020, 11:56 AM
I definitely got my moneys worth out of mine as i reused them in 3 pairs of work boots (except for the pair i wear now with the spongy liner) they sit in my old boots (spares) and will be reused in my next new boots if needed....my feet desperately need arch support

Everett
03-05-2020, 12:04 PM
Have them in all my boots love them.

Talltimber1
03-05-2020, 02:46 PM
Superfeet has a 60 day satisfaction guarantee. There's no risk in trying them out

Good to know. Thanks. That's the deal maker right there

Elkaholic
03-05-2020, 03:02 PM
I have a pair of Han Wag boots i was thinking of upgrading the insole in.
Are Superfeet worth the money?
And has anyone tried the Guide model and if so how much thicker than the factory insole was it?

I too have a set of Hanwags and I love them except my feet get destroyed in them. I do not like their insole what so ever so I have been looking at superfeet as well. Did not know about the 60 policy, I think I may need to go make a purchase here for the sake of my feet. Thanks for all the feedback folks, much appreciated even though I didn't ask the question.

Frank grimes
03-05-2020, 03:57 PM
I put the green ones in my work boots. The insoles made a huge difference.

kootenaycarver
03-05-2020, 04:08 PM
I've used them for a number of years with good success, I don't know if the "Guide" model would be very comfortable in any of my boots. (LOL)

Talltimber1
03-05-2020, 04:15 PM
I too have a set of Hanwags and I love them except my feet get destroyed in them. I do not like their insole what so ever so I have been looking at superfeet as well. Did not know about the 60 policy, I think I may need to go make a purchase here for the sake of my feet. Thanks for all the feedback folks, much appreciated even though I didn't ask the question.

I just ordered them up. Same thing. Love the boots. Insoles are lacking a bit.
Planning a solo 7 day backpack sheep hunt trying to get as many little things out of the way now.

Talltimber1
03-05-2020, 04:17 PM
I've used them for a number of years with good success, I don't know if the "Guide" model would be very comfortable in any of my boots. (LOL)

The guide model has rounded edges that supposedly don't cut goretex liners. I'm running Han Wag Alaska gtx

Talltimber1
03-05-2020, 04:19 PM
Thanks for all the reviews guys. Always a wealth of knowledge here.
Hopefully come August I can pay you all back with a story of my solo sheep hunt.

REMINGTON JIM
03-05-2020, 04:23 PM
AND where are you all purchasing your SuperFeet insoles from ? RJ

Citori54
03-05-2020, 04:25 PM
Superfeet Insoles do not work for me as no matter what model as they bother my arch. I use Sof Sole insoles in the athletic model and they are much better than the stock insoles in my Scarpa boots. I also use them in my low Merrrell hikers.

huntcoop
03-05-2020, 04:30 PM
AND where are you all purchasing your SuperFeet insoles from ? RJ

Amazon, where else?

twoSevenO
03-05-2020, 04:37 PM
I tried a pair of superfeet green ones and I was not happy. I bought them at MEC and returned when they did not do anything for me. They refunded my money.

I bought a pair of SOLE insoles from Kintech and actually had very positive results with those!
They were much much better for my feet than superfeet ones.

now I have custom orthotics and they are better than both, as one would expect.

swampthing
03-05-2020, 04:41 PM
I put superfeet heat/moldable insols in my trappertops. They have been the most comfortable boots I have ever worn.

REMINGTON JIM
03-05-2020, 07:48 PM
I just ordered them up. Same thing. Love the boots. Insoles are lacking a bit.
Planning a solo 7 day backpack sheep hunt trying to get as many little things out of the way now.

TT1 where did you order yours from and cost Please ? - Also which model did you order ? RJ

wrenchhead
03-05-2020, 09:42 PM
Iv never tried the superfeet insoles....but I do have a couple pairs of SOLE insoles and love them. I wear them in my work boots and hanwags.
Btw...both the sole insoles and hanwags were purchased from Fishers, the finest store in Vernon.

Talltimber1
03-06-2020, 07:15 AM
TT1 where did you order yours from and cost Please ? - Also which model did you order ? RJ
I ordered mine off the Superfeet website. They appear to have an office or store in the lower mainland.

Talltimber1
03-06-2020, 08:57 AM
Not impressed so far.
Got an email this morning saying the trophy series has been delisted as of Jan 1 2020 but the website hasn't been updated yet. And that they are cancelling my credit card transaction.
That's it, no recommendation for another model or anything.

corywilson13
03-06-2020, 10:18 PM
I have green in my work boots, blue in everyday shoes, carbon in my trail runners and trail in my hanwag Alaskans. Went to super feet early last year to combat a plantar fasciitis issue I was having from over training. They resolved my discomfort. Super feet are not the squishy dr scholls gel insoles. They are hard, and actually support your foot.

wsquared
03-07-2020, 12:42 AM
For my hiking boots( Lowa) I have used the thinner red SOLE heat moldable insoles, and the thicker Black SOLE heat moldable insole for my backpacking (Meindl) boots. They make a world of difference. The SOLE web page still has these, but they are now SOLE active medium, ( red), and active thick ( black). There is a Performance line now, but I have no experience with those.

bcsteve
03-07-2020, 08:07 AM
I tried a few Superfeet models in store and they didn’t work for me. Ended up the moldable SOLE, they’re great in my Meidl.

Talltimber1
03-07-2020, 10:03 AM
Got it figured out. Ordered some Trailblazer comfort max.
Found a great sale price.

GrayB
03-07-2020, 10:12 AM
I have a pair of Hanwag Alaska GTX's. I tried the superfeet greens and it completely ruined the fit of the boot(Insole was too thick compared to the factory one). I switched the greens of for the blues and they have been awesome.

Squamch
03-07-2020, 10:13 AM
Superfeet suck. The guide ones I had went flat in less than a day.

I use Sole footbeds now. 3 years in my Lowas and still good.

Piperdown
03-07-2020, 11:25 AM
Maybe a dumb question but do you have to pull the factory sole out first, my Hanwags the sole looks to be glued in, or a bitch to get out.

wrenchhead
03-07-2020, 05:44 PM
Have to pull out the original sole...

REMINGTON JIM
03-07-2020, 06:29 PM
Maybe a dumb question but do you have to pull the factory sole out first, my Hanwags the sole looks to be glued in, or a bitch to get out.

Yea was a DUMB question Buddy :tongue: Unless your boots are 2 sizes too BIG ! :lol: RJ

Piperdown
03-07-2020, 09:40 PM
Yea was a DUMB question Buddy :tongue: Unless your boots are 2 sizes too BIG ! :lol: RJ

You must remember i am a Leafs fan so not to smart, the dam things are hard to remove, might have to send them to you to get the job done right :)

Talltimber1
03-19-2020, 08:25 PM
Ive got 3 hikes with a pack on the Superfeet now. For a total of about 13 hours. They seem good.
I found a pair of Traiblazer comfort max on sale for $28.
Can't believe han wag used a coffee filter for an insole haha man there was not much to it

GOLDEN TOP SNIPER
03-21-2020, 03:39 PM
I wrote a review on my Hanwags and insoles its on here somewhere . good luck with them they are fantastic boots

Talltimber1
03-22-2020, 10:21 AM
I wrote a review on my Hanwags and insoles its on here somewhere . good luck with them they are fantastic boots

Ya Ive had the boots for awhile. Just upgrading the insoles for a upcoming sheep hunt.

GOLDEN TOP SNIPER
03-22-2020, 10:53 AM
keep trying different ones till till you find a match . thats kinda what i did . i use different ones for different footwear my work boots my regular shoes and my hunting boots . got a pile of them over the years ..

Arctic Lake
01-25-2021, 01:00 PM
Okay here’s the situation . I have flat feet , really flat feet ! I have and it’s getting worse bigger bunion on my left big toe . It is affecting my gate now to the point where I’m pushing off on that big left toe and it’s causing bruising under the toe nail the last time I did a fast paced 7 K walk .
I got Kintec custom orthotics made but I don’t think there that great and they are costly. So I have connected with a surgeon and discussed surgery , bone fusion for next winter . I can back out if I so decide .

Any of you fellas have the same issue , have you tried other orthotics that helped ? What about the Superfeet models?
The GoodFeet store
Sole Othotics
or did you get custom made ones and who made them ?
Thanks
Arctic Lake