PDA

View Full Version : Atlin

mkessler
03-05-2020, 09:17 AM
Morning all,
I drew sheep in 6-25D.

I was planning on going there for moose this year.

I'll also put in for goat (which is a good chance as very good odds) and also a caribou
But that is unlikely as odds are low.

I've spent a lot of time up north (I live up here) and I know area from Dease to Liard fairly
Well. Never been to Atlin. Got a small side by side, was thinking of staying near Atlin
and working the roads from there. I got access to small zodiac if you think that is helpful.

Looking for info on area suggestions etc. Very excited for fall 2020 :)

If you don't want to post info here, please pm me

Thank you kindly

Talltimber1
03-05-2020, 09:21 AM
I also got this draw.
Is there not motor vehicle restrictions up there?
I haven't looked into it yet and have nothing like that around here so have no idea how they work.
Something i need to research.

mkessler
03-05-2020, 09:33 AM
Pm me. We can chat offline.

quadrakid
03-05-2020, 04:11 PM
Do a search for Atlin Sheep. Quite a few past threads. Hope you guys are successful.

Talltimber1
03-05-2020, 04:13 PM
Do a search for Atlin Sheep. Quite a few past threads. Hope you guys are successful.

Read them all. Haha

srupp
03-05-2020, 04:39 PM
Seen sheep flying out of Alin going east..both times.
srupp

.330 Dakota
03-10-2020, 10:04 PM
Hunted Atlin 2 years ago for moose,,,saw 3 cows,,2 grizzlies,,1 caribou (no tag) and NO BULL MOOSE,,,local guys said that the area is hunted hard,,25-30 gangs a year (we were there early) If I were you I would concentrate on that sheep tag,,as it might be challenging,,and the moose are few and far between in my opinion.
As far as quadding goes,,you can go a long way down the east and south side of Atlin Lake,,we camped at the Grotto Rec Site, good spot to camp