PDA

View Full Version : Survey questions on new 2020/2021 resident license purchase

wifigary
03-04-2020, 09:44 AM
Just noticed that on the online hunting license site, when purchasing my 2020/2021 resident hunting license, there is two optional survey questions that pop out at the bottom of the screen. First one asks if you (the hunter) use a bow for hunting. Second asks if you prefer a harvest survey via paper or email.

Interesting though to see that they are trying to collect this information.
One would think that the more valuable information is actually harvest data. Why they haven't added the ability to "cancel tags" online and after said cancellation, you are no longer required to carry that tag while hunting. This would be a excellent source of quality data, and also eliminate the need for most of the harvest survey.

warnniklz
03-04-2020, 10:08 AM
They've had the bowhunting question for years. Harvest survey makes sense. I use my paper copy to get my login info. I like the cancel online idea.

MRP
03-04-2020, 10:25 AM
Yeah an online survey the covers more than just one animal per year. Nobody on this site only hunts species of animal.

Jagermeister
03-04-2020, 02:46 PM
They should know who hunts with a bow because you need to indicate that on the licence if you are bow hunting. It is a redundant question.

northof49
03-04-2020, 05:23 PM
^^^per OP, the bow hunter question is related to buying your new licence. And yes it has been asked for years even with old paper booklet

wifigary
03-05-2020, 09:16 AM
That's odd, I've used the new online system for the last 3 years and have never seen it. Possible I missed it though.

Thanks.

triggerhappy
03-06-2020, 11:25 AM
It is silly that they do not require everyone to say what they harvested online every year. The government could have exact harvest data from resident hunters if they wanted it.