PDA

View Full Version : No more salmon fishing, period?

thick
02-21-2020, 09:16 PM
Major restrictions already put in place last year for retention in some areas.

Now this? With what’s been happening lately and the caribou strategy approval. Will they really ban C&R fishing now too? I think it’s a real possibility, very sad.

This could devastate a lot of guide operations....

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/277660/UBCIC-calls-for-stricter-guidelines-on-sport-fishing

HarryToolips
02-21-2020, 09:51 PM
Phuuuck them, they bitch about catch and release meanwhile they net off rivers....

303savage
02-21-2020, 09:53 PM
" protect traditional aboriginal ways of life." I have trouble defining their traditional life. what is their traditional way of life?

WhiteTailAB
02-21-2020, 10:01 PM
Soon you won't be able to do anything in BC but pay tax.

g_man668
02-21-2020, 10:45 PM
It's sure getting that way isn't it? And I agree Harrytoolips, not to mention they fish from bridges at night in our area and catch 50+ fish and then sell them to every one because they don't even like to eat them..

REMINGTON JIM
02-21-2020, 10:51 PM
Phuuuck them, they bitch about catch and release meanwhile they net off rivers....

Yea and throw away the fish they don't WANT - Phucking Indians waste a LOT more then any Sports fisherman ! :evil: RJ

dakoda62
02-22-2020, 07:34 AM
The government intention has always been manage to "0"

adriaticum
02-22-2020, 10:08 AM
I love how first nations are calling in big daddy every time they want to do something
This will be the legacy of Trudeau.

REMINGTON JIM
02-22-2020, 10:45 AM
The UBCIC is a Group of Whitey Haters the way i see it ! :mad: RJ

todbartell
02-22-2020, 10:53 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/JPmjZal3DjRLGMAAxL/giphy.gif

Arctic Lake
02-22-2020, 11:41 AM
Don’t like the way this is going ! Potential also with the unceeded lands that will be under Indigenous law for hunting ,fishing ,travel. Come hunting time if the B.C hunting regulations read that we can hunt or fish for a certain species in a certain place well I’m going to do that hopefully !
Arctic Lake

goatdancer
02-22-2020, 12:06 PM
As long as there are size and species restrictions there has to be catch and release.

Jack Russell
02-22-2020, 12:11 PM
The intentions of FN leadership have never been clearer.

REMINGTON JIM
02-22-2020, 03:38 PM
The intentions of FN leadership have never been clearer.

I have said it for YEARs ! the BC Gov WANTs the Indians to take over F&W Services ! :mad: rJ

ElectricDyck
02-22-2020, 05:11 PM
There going after the easy targets, Im not a big fan of catch and release as 8 percent or so die no matter how well you release them but its not even a drop in the bucket compared to commercial fishing's impacts. Salmon farming in the migration channels is suspect as well....Coomercial interests are backed by too much money...so attack the middle class fisherman..

Unfortunately the UN is here to stay, the cons won't tell them to take a hike and Maxime won't get in, so we're stuck. It's hilarious that we listen to an organization who has saudi arabia on their human rights council

ElectricDyck
02-22-2020, 05:14 PM
As long as there are size and species restrictions there has to be catch and release.

True story but at the lodges they catch 100 plus chinook in a day sometimes, all legal fish but not 30 plus lbs..

Muliechaser
02-22-2020, 05:26 PM
" protect traditional aboriginal ways of life." I have trouble defining their traditional life. what is their traditional way of life?

Yup . Fiber glass and aluminum power Boats , fuel , nets ,lights , cars , trucks , smokes , booze , cell phones, facebook etc is the ""traditional aboriginal ways of life"" and the "traditional" way to harvest fish for sure !!

willyqbc
02-22-2020, 05:28 PM

I think thats the point of all this GD.....if they could manage to bring in a ban on catch and release, the next step would be to claim that the necessary restrictions cannot be adhered to without C & R. THEREFORE, no fishing for salmon for anyone but FN is the only acceptable solution.

they are learning that baby steps is an effective way to get where they want to go.

REMINGTON JIM
02-22-2020, 05:35 PM
I think thats the point of all this GD.....if they could manage to bring in a ban on catch and release, the next step would be to claim that the necessary restrictions cannot be adhered to without C & R. THEREFORE, no fishing for salmon for anyone but FN is the only acceptable solution.

they are learning that baby steps is an effective way to get where they want to go.

EXACTLY ! one step at a time till they get it ALL ! :mad: RJ

IronNoggin
02-22-2020, 05:54 PM
There going after the easy targets, Im not a big fan of catch and release as 8 percent or so die no matter how well you release them but its not even a drop in the bucket compared to commercial fishing's impacts.

I strongly suggest you get yourself educated on the matter before spewing Bullshit on this Forum

FYI: In the case of springs, the Recreational Sector is the largest factor in removals, well over that of the BC Troll Fleet (of which I am).

What these Idiots are proposing is preposterous to most of us.
BUT, and this is the large one, they have DFO and the government's ear MUCH more than anyone else.
Going to be an ugly season methinks...

Nog

Jagermeister
02-22-2020, 11:10 PM
https://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/corbella-vivian-krause-should-become-a-household-name-across-canada

It’s all tied together. Our Canada, your Canada, my Canada is under siege and our Quisling PM is helping to shrink the walls. To bad we do not have a few Generals in our military to oust the government and install martial law until we can safely restore a democratic government by the people, for the people.

ElectricDyck
02-22-2020, 11:29 PM
I strongly suggest you get yourself educated on the matter before spewing Bullshit on this Forum

FYI: In the case of springs, the Recreational Sector is the largest factor in removals, well over that of the BC Troll Fleet (of which I am).

What these Idiots are proposing is preposterous to most of us.
BUT, and this is the large one, they have DFO and the government's ear MUCH more than anyone else.
Going to be an ugly season methinks...

Nog

So sport fishing kills more chinook then commercial fishing? Hard to believe but if thats the case i appoalagize...and maybe he has a point after all...

303savage
02-23-2020, 06:55 AM
Yea and throw away the fish they don't WANT Or can't sell.

REMINGTON JIM
02-23-2020, 04:12 PM
Or can't sell.

Feed there Dogs ! :cry: RJ

303savage
02-23-2020, 04:33 PM
Is it really traditional when they use motor vehicles, nylon nets, motor boats. fire arms etc?

303savage
02-23-2020, 04:48 PM
True story but at the lodges they catch 100 plus chinook in a day sometimes, all legal fish but not 30 plus lbs..
Keeping only the 30 plus pound would have some effect on the genetics wouldn't it?

Keta1969
02-23-2020, 05:01 PM
Turning over large numbers of fish so that a guest can have something to do all day while hoping for a big one is ridiculous. There is some mortality and seal predation of the released fish. Catch and release is a waste.

2tins
02-23-2020, 06:25 PM
They sure are playing the UN card. F--k them.

Spy
02-23-2020, 07:15 PM
How about we start our own “nation” call ourselves the “First settler nation in Canada” and we lay claim to all the land our forefathers took peacefully. Our forefathers lived off the land just like the First Nations did so we have the same rights and stature in the courts because we were the first settler nation in Canada! Let’s label ourselves and take this to court. And we don’t stop until all Canadian kids have the same fishing and hunting rights.

REMINGTON JIM
02-23-2020, 07:39 PM
How about we start our own “nation” call ourselves the “First settler nation in Canada” and we lay claim to all the land our forefathers took peacefully. Our forefathers lived off the land just like the First Nations did so we have the same rights and stature in the courts because we were the first settler nation in Canada! Let’s label ourselves and take this to court. And we don’t stop until all Canadian kids have the same fishing and hunting rights.

Now your Making SENSE Spy ! :) RJ

303savage
03-09-2020, 02:33 AM
I think native rights are bullshit!

Opinionated Ol Phart
03-09-2020, 08:43 PM
Well-- the Metis got away with that !

BlacktailStalker
03-09-2020, 09:56 PM
The issue with all First Nation conflict and loss of privilege for non First Nation, is we (as in all non privileged) need to stop all contribution of any kind and funding of anything we are no longer entitled to.
They can have it all, but enjoy it while it lasts because it won’t.

Walking Buffalo
03-12-2020, 09:53 AM
The issue with all First Nation conflict and loss of privilege for non First Nation, is we (as in all non privileged) need to stop all contribution of any kind and funding of anything we are no longer entitled to.
They can have it all, but enjoy it while it lasts because it won’t.

Not a Fin chance!

Get mad, be mad, but don't give up your Natural rights.

303savage
03-26-2020, 09:07 PM
requiring that governments protect traditional aboriginal ways of life. What is the definition of their traditional of life?

303savage
03-26-2020, 09:08 PM
requiring that governments protect traditional aboriginal ways of life. What is the definition of their traditional of life?

Jagermeister
03-26-2020, 09:16 PM
Traditional life is long past so most don't remember. For some though, it's whatever you chose to make up at the spur of the moment.

elimsprint
03-26-2020, 10:14 PM
https://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/corbella-vivian-krause-should-become-a-household-name-across-canada

It’s all tied together. Our Canada, your Canada, my Canada is under siege and our Quisling PM is helping to shrink the walls. To bad we do not have a few Generals in our military to oust the government and install martial law until we can safely restore a democratic government by the people, for the people.

Problem with that is that the morons back east would just vote the turd back in. Wexit is the only answer to the BS.

Moose63
03-26-2020, 11:00 PM

Along a similar vein, I've got a better suggestion (and I won't take credit for it) but what if we ALL declare ourselves as "First Nation". I sure we could find ancestry data that would show we all originated from same race in one form or another (or use ancestry data to show "Native" heritage). If we all (or realistically a large number of us) declare "native status" it will bring this idea of a separate "nation" down to its knees.

REMINGTON JIM
03-26-2020, 11:27 PM
What is the definition of their traditional of life?

Dump Bears ! RJ

Rieber
03-27-2020, 08:11 AM

Be careful what you wish for as it was the Chinese explorers that settled here on the west coast first. Your people might be a lit further down the pecking line than you think. :wink:

Rieber
03-27-2020, 08:19 AM
Likely all part of the strategic rail and road blockades a few months ago. Roads and rails open up again as long as there is no more sports fishing for salmon. Who knows how the powers-at-be think or play chess with peoples lives. All I see is the recreational fishers and hunters getting less opportunities every year. So, if we're on the Giving end, who exactly is on the Taking end?

Ride Red
03-27-2020, 08:25 AM
Be careful what you wish for as it was the Chinese explorers that settled here on the west coast first. Your people might be a lit further down the pecking line than you think. :wink:

And the Japanese farmers that came to BC in the late 1800’s, early 1900’s.

Pinewood
03-27-2020, 07:43 PM
If our opportunities get eroded away cut by cut, it's not unreasonable to expect a person to continue their outdoor activities whether it be legal in the eyes of the law or not. The government is going to need a lot more enforcement if they want to catch people, which they won't get.

In regards to catch and release fishing for salmon, we are now allowed 10 annually. Make a minimum size rule, clip 100% of our hatchery fish and make it a retention only fishery. No high grading, no selective fishing. It won't be good for guides and people that have a lot of time to fish but it would do away with a lot of the bullshit and in season reg changes.

Pinewood
03-27-2020, 08:11 PM
It also needs to be illegal for non commercial licensed First Nations to sell fish to anybody. It has to be for food and ceremonial purposes.

303savage
03-27-2020, 08:58 PM
then sell them to every one because they don't even like to eat them.. what they didn't sell is just thrown away.