PDA

View Full Version : 3x3 muley

JoshLedoux
10-08-2007, 05:45 PM
Got a 3x3 muley. Not much of a story creeped round the backside of the hill following a herd of does and him. Watched em come down the rock face, set up prone and dropped a gameking into him proudly at 50 yards. a safe shot and instant kill. Same goes for the two point whitey I got. Great heart lung shot at 25 yards, let his twin brother go, he'll be a good breeder in a few years. got some pictures but unfortunately the file size is too large to post. also shot a few grouse, saw a ton of mountain quail and turkeys.

twoSevenO
10-08-2007, 05:53 PM
congrats on a successful hunt. Where abouts was this?

and how the heck does one get within 50 yards of a deer ?? i wish i could do that lol

Paulyman
10-08-2007, 09:12 PM
congrats on a successful hunt. Where abouts was this?

and how the heck does one get within 50 yards of a deer ?? i wish i could do that lol

really, i was begining to think that it was normal to shoot deer at 20 or less yards, almost evry deer i've gotten has been really close.

Will
10-08-2007, 10:50 PM
got some pictures but unfortunately the file size is too large to post.
http://www.lan-lord.net/photo_resize.aspx
Works Great ! & Congrats on the Deer:-D

WoodOx
10-08-2007, 11:12 PM
aye congrats! 50 yards musta been exciting...

Chuck
10-09-2007, 12:09 AM
and how the heck does one get within 50 yards of a deer ?? i wish i could do that lol[/QUOTE]

One step forwards...two steps back...stand still and look around real good
Two steps forwards...one step back...stop, stand still and look around
Repeat this as many times as it takes to get within as many yards as you
like. But stay alert...anything might happen.

RMG
10-09-2007, 12:29 AM
Sweet. It is always nice to see a plan come together, even if it isnt mine.
I have found that the best way to get up front and personal with deer, is to locate them, then try and anticipate where they are heading, get ahead of them, sit and wait, patiently, let them come to you. Slow deliberate moves when necessary, keep quiet, become one with the bushes. You will be amazed at how close you are able to get.

twoSevenO
10-09-2007, 10:22 AM
wait ... so are you guys saying i should stop running behind these deer trying to catch up to them? :lol::lol:

brotherjack
10-09-2007, 11:44 AM
how the heck does one get within 50 yards of a deer ??l

LOL - how do you not? I've never shot a critter more than 50 yards away (and I've shot a few critters in my time). Most were inside of 30 yards, and at least one was inside the 10 yard mark.

Though, if I'm telling you the whole story - I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that most of the places I hunt are thick timber, so visibility is usually only about 30 yards or so (thus the close shots).

Derek_Erickson
10-09-2007, 11:47 AM
Drive your truck really fast down t he road you'll be suprised how many you come within fifty yards of

Derp
10-09-2007, 01:11 PM
Right on josh, congrats on the deeerr