PDA

View Full Version : Pointers for a newbie?

JAFA
10-07-2007, 09:36 PM
Hey Guys,
I am looking to connect locally with my first buck. My situation is I only have Sundays for hunting, so I figure local will be as good as it gets.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

I am in Burnaby with wife kids and a tough schedule so day trips only, I do have a little 4x4 so I can get out there.

Any tips much appreciated as so far I have only connected with 1 Doe 2 years ago LEH 8-12.

I would like to be feeding my little ones with more game.

Thank you.
CJ

Steeleco
10-07-2007, 10:09 PM
You can try Squamish area, the Elaho valley has some nice creatures, Harrison and Chealis are good spots too. It's tough country to hunt as most of it is near vertical! but there are some lower slashes that can produce deer. You may find that buck are standing on the roads near the middle of November, but the road traffic make finding one like winning the lottery.

FWIW, I just got back from a little area I like that's just north of the toll booth on the Coq. It's a long day but it can be done. Watched a couple hump a nice 4x3 mulie into the back of their truck!!

Orangethunder
10-07-2007, 10:30 PM
Sorry man the closest I have hunted is Princeton. Lots of deer there if your willing to do some driving.

JAFA
10-07-2007, 11:26 PM
Hey I will drive as far as I need to the only problem is my tight schedule. Have truck will travel.

Just need some pointers within 1 day round trip..
Thanks.
J.

Bow Walker
10-08-2007, 08:10 AM
Take a friend and share the drive to Princeton. You'll get lucky up there, and you might also come home with a buck or two.

JAFA
10-08-2007, 12:06 PM
Take a friend and share the drive to Princeton. You'll get lucky up there, and you might also come home with a buck or two.

I don't want to get lucky with m friends, especially hunting buddies , I'm not into that sort of thing.:biggrin:

How many hours travel to princeton hunting areas from Burnaby?
Thanks.
Jim

pupper
10-08-2007, 12:14 PM
you can check out areas north of mission, and hatzic prarie and east to harrison areas. That is only 1.5-3 hours max from burnaby. Just make sure you are into where you want to hunt before the sun is up. and hunt hard all day untill dusk! hike around off the main logging roads to get away from the pressured areas, but dont overlook the overlooked areas!!!!:-P
dont get lost or stuck!!!:-P