PDA

View Full Version : 2 point moose down!!

cowboy-up69
10-07-2007, 07:24 PM
Me and my 2 buddies rode the atv's into this swamp last night, hoping to call in a spike-fork. We called for about 30 mins, nothing called or came in, so we decided to leave. Not even on the quads for 2 minutes and I spotted a moose about 40 yards off the quad trail!!! So we got off and checked it out, sure enough, it was a nice 2 point. So my buddy took first shot, got him in the back of the head, then I shot him in the neck and he dropped!! We got up to him and he was still kickin so we popped him another in the back of the head!!! WOW, whata rush!!!! First moose kill I have been in on! So we went back to camp and got 4 more atv's loaded with ppl, and within 45 minutes of the first shot, he was gutted and back at camp!!! Another 20 minutes and he was skinless!!! It was such an awesome experience!!! Will hopefully have pics up on here for ya'll in the next couple of days!!! Weirdest rack I have ever seen, texas long horn with big long brow tines!!!! Almost like a god damn elk rack!!!:grin:Its been an awesome year so far!!!! Saw lotsa deer, but no bucks :( But that day will come!!!

todbartell
10-07-2007, 07:35 PM
still standing after a shot to the head..tough moose!

Derek_Erickson
10-07-2007, 09:23 PM
there brain is above their eyes!

Sharkey
10-07-2007, 09:40 PM
Can't wait to see pics! You know - it's interesting to see the different sized 2 point'ers - some have been well over 600 lbs and as small as 350. It's great to compare sizes...

moosecaller
10-07-2007, 10:03 PM
When you start calling give it at least an hour of calling before you move on 30 mins. will just get them interested and starting to come in, patience is a must when calling, don't be too anxious to move on too quickly, this also gives you the advantage to set up for a good clean shot as the moose is coming to you and you can be ready for him, this of course light permitting when evening hunting.

kishman
10-08-2007, 08:24 AM
Congrats, can't wait to see the pics....

kako99
10-08-2007, 09:54 AM
congrats! I was in area 8-8 this weekend saw a nice 1 x 2 but no tage

Paulyman
10-08-2007, 09:57 AM
Where are the pics?

Iron-Head
10-10-2007, 09:19 AM
Cowboyup-
Shit man that was you, I was the one camped at the old cabin on de-wolf lake.