PDA

View Full Version : HBC in the news

bcsteve
01-23-2020, 06:55 AM
HBC in the news. I couldn’t find sfire436 as a member?

https://www.surreynowleader.com/news/city-of-surrey-investigating-after-deer-carcass-strung-up-in-fire-hall/# (https://www.surreynowleader.com/news/city-of-surrey-investigating-after-deer-carcass-strung-up-in-fire-hall/#)

Leaseman
01-23-2020, 07:02 AM
He was a member....but now has asked to have the thread taken down and his membership removed.

Such BS!

Huntingtyler123
01-23-2020, 07:48 AM
Nice buck lol

RyoTHC
01-23-2020, 08:19 AM
HBC in the news. I couldn’t find sfire436 as a member?

https://www.surreynowleader.com/news/city-of-surrey-investigating-after-deer-carcass-strung-up-in-fire-hall/# (https://www.surreynowleader.com/news/city-of-surrey-investigating-after-deer-carcass-strung-up-in-fire-hall/#)

maybe search? There are atleast two threads on this.

bcsteve
01-23-2020, 08:55 AM
maybe search? There are atleast two threads on this.
I searched by user name and nothing came up. By topic I see it comes up.

Camomutt
01-23-2020, 08:59 AM
Why was his membership removed?

Foxton Gundogs
01-23-2020, 09:10 AM
Because he requested it to be as post 2 said.

rageous
01-23-2020, 09:40 AM
I wonder if Vern Bergen is a member here?

Yuritau
01-23-2020, 09:41 AM
Hope that's not the same bay where they park the fire engines and/or store the turnout gear.. I wouldn't want the potentially carcinogenic off-gases from those getting on game meat that I was planning to eat.

Grumpa Joe
01-23-2020, 09:56 AM
I wonder if Vern Bergen is a member here?

Another thread gives all the details. As to your question, he was but has been banned.

Sharpish
01-23-2020, 10:50 AM
Hope that's not the same bay where they park the fire engines and/or store the turnout gear.. I wouldn't want the potentially carcinogenic off-gases from those getting on game meat that I was planning to eat.

Ridiculous comment. The bay doors were wide open.

BRvalley
01-23-2020, 11:52 AM
Another thread gives all the details. As to your question, he was but has been banned.

was both other threads deleted now? couldn't find them, maybe i missed the party by now

pretty sad to see the fire fighter get dragged through the mud like this, that vern guy needs to get a life

Yuritau
01-23-2020, 11:53 AM

Which means the air is moving around, including around the carcass. Not a chance I would ever take.

Good2bCanadian
01-23-2020, 12:01 PM
Posting a picture of a bled and skinned out carcass at a tax funded fire hall........In Surrey.
Not suprised this became an issue. Lol

Grumpa Joe
01-23-2020, 12:03 PM
was both other threads deleted now? couldn't find them, maybe i missed the party by now

pretty sad to see the fire fighter get dragged through the mud like this, that vern guy needs to get a life

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?156506-HBC-on-the-recent-news-media-events

Drillbit
01-23-2020, 12:04 PM
Says he's a full-time fire fighter in the article.

Doesn't that mean that's where he lives? His dwelling.

Nice deer and looks like a great place to process it to me. Can't believe there's a complaint about that....

Stone Sheep Steve
01-23-2020, 12:09 PM
Worst part is they are attacking someone who has been battling his demons and winning. Hunting has helped to keep him on the right path.
Pretty sad.

SSS

BRvalley
01-23-2020, 12:21 PM
thanks SSS for connecting those dots for me....I recall his original thread now, fantastic thread and great to read, damn shame to see his success rained on like that....hope we see him on here again

twoSevenO
01-23-2020, 12:42 PM

people will drag a deer for 3km through mud, piss, and cow shit and that's ok .... but will then online complain about potential "off gases" from a fire engine that isn't even in the vicinity of a deer.

HighCountryBC
01-23-2020, 01:04 PM
people will drag a deer for 3km through mud, piss, and cow shit and that's ok .... but will then online complain about potential "off gases" from a fire engine that isn't even in the vicinity of a deer.

Where have you seen a hunter drag a completely skinned animal through any of that stuff?

FYI, the carcinogens are from the turnout gear and are not something to brush aside.

dmaxtech
01-23-2020, 01:08 PM
Where have you seen a hunter drag a completely skinned animal through any of that stuff?

FYI, the carcinogens are from the turnout gear and are not something to brush aside.

In case you weren't aware, policy now is that all turnout gear is decontaminated on site before returning to the Hall and then laundered to remove all those carcinogens. We've come a long way in the last 10 years. Have many a buddy that has battled and some lost to cancer as FF.

Cabled
01-23-2020, 01:14 PM
I have to say, when I read the story in the surrey paper I was getting ready to read a ton of any hunting sentiment in the comments. It gave me some hope to see the level of support and amount of common sense in 99% of the comments.

Spy
01-23-2020, 01:18 PM
Just shut this thread down there is already one going..... Some of these comments are just ****ed! carcinogens ???? WTF get a life people......

Yuritau
01-23-2020, 01:21 PM
Says he's a full-time fire fighter in the article.

Doesn't that mean that's where he lives? His dwelling.

Not necessarily. Not all halls have permanent accomodations. Also, not all firefighters want to live at the hall all the time, heh.

HighCountryBC
01-23-2020, 01:38 PM
In case you weren't aware, policy now is that all turnout gear is decontaminated on site before returning to the Hall and then laundered to remove all those carcinogens. We've come a long way in the last 10 years. Have many a buddy that has battled and some lost to cancer as FF.

Well aware of the policy. And for the record fully support the HBC member who is the topic of the story.

On queue, the usual suspects with minimal insight but lots to say are the first to start barking (not directed at you dmaxtech).

Spy
01-23-2020, 01:51 PM
Seriously the thread is about HBC been in the news, about a fireman who's photo and story were stolen from HBC, by another HBC member. All some can talk about is how bad it is to hang a deer in a firehall????? If it were that bad it would probably be bad for anyone just walking into said firehall. I think this is a BS argument which has very little todo with what happened. Actually it has nothing to do with it..
"On queue, the usual suspects with minimal insight but lots to say are the first to start barking (not directed at you dmaxtech)." So nobody is allowed to have an opinion??
Bla bla bla bullshit!

HighCountryBC
01-23-2020, 02:02 PM
Spy, relax on the drama man.

Support for the HBC member is high. Someone just made a valid point, which is clear a few others had little understanding of. No need to go off the deep end.

wideopenthrottle
01-23-2020, 02:15 PM
on this note, my workplace has recently started blocking any gun sites....I cant even access cabelas on line anymore...who knows, I might even be risking my job posting during work hours even if I only do it during breaks...time for me to stop posting here now...cheers to all

twoSevenO
01-23-2020, 02:17 PM
on this note, my workplace has recently started blocking any gun sites....I cant even access cabelas on line anymore...who knows, I might even be risking my job posting during work hours even if I only do it during breaks...time for me to stop posting here now...cheers to all

I would not post on this, or any other forum, from a work computer.
Don't bring unnecessary heat on yourself. You never know when they will need to decide who to lay off and what criteria goes into determining that.

It depends on the level of IT support your company has, but assume EVERYTHING you type on a work computer is being logged. The bigger the company, the bigger the IT budget, the more likely you are to be monitored.

REMINGTON JIM
01-23-2020, 02:22 PM
Posting a picture of a bled and skinned out carcass at a tax funded fire hall........In Surrey.
Not suprised this became an issue. Lol

I have NO problem with it BUT the Flower Sniffers and Snow Flakes WILL Big Time ! Poor Bambi ! Blah Blah Blah RJ

REMINGTON JIM
01-23-2020, 02:28 PM

Its there's and Nor should you be wasting Company time Playing with us on HBC - What the PHU*CK are you thinking ? Breaks other then Lunch are company courtesy so stay the Hell off the Computors ! Gezz ! :-P :biggrin:

LMFFAO RJ