PDA

View Full Version : hunting with ear plugs

andrew5
01-16-2020, 01:12 PM
Hi everyone,

In light of Speedy's fantastic Squamish Blacktail post (great first deer by the way, and even better story), I was wondering what everyone's recommendations are for earplugs when hunting.

Do most hunters have them close at hand and pop them in if the situation permits?

Sharpish
01-16-2020, 01:27 PM
I wear low profile muffs on top of my head. All my friends laugh at me because they say I look like Princess Leia hiking around. In most situations, I have had ample time to slide them down and on before firing. If the animal sees me or I have to make a quick shot, they stay on top of my head. I doubt you would have time to roll up a pair of foam plugs and stick them in.

I went deaf in my left ear for 4 months due to a medical event and it was a dreadful experience. So I protect my ears as much as possible.

The left ear takes the brunt of it I find. Even if you have a foam plug halfway into just the left ear the entire time you're hunting, neither ear will ring after firing. JMHO

russm86
01-16-2020, 01:41 PM
I use the plugs on the hard plastic band. Just have it around my neck and it's quick and easy to just pop them up into place in most situations. They make different styles of these, some that go into the ear canal and others that just cover the canal.

IronNoggin
01-16-2020, 02:02 PM
... Do most hunters have them close at hand and pop them in if the situation permits?

Nope. But I have been deaf as a post for years.

Nog

whognu
01-16-2020, 02:19 PM
Nope. But I have been deaf as a post for years.

Nog

.....what??

MichelD
01-16-2020, 02:21 PM
I usually carry about 6 or even 8 plugs with me in every available pocket big game hunting. I have bad tinnitus and serious hearing loss in my left ear and can't afford any more. A buck surprised me several years ago and I shot without plugs and the ringing in my left ear was severe for days afterwards.

I may have lost a couple opportunities due to digging in pockets for plugs, but I have to do it.

For waterfowling I have custom-made plugs I leave in for the hunt and muffs on top.

Silent But Deadly
01-16-2020, 02:26 PM
I purchased a set of fitted shooting plugs a vendor was selling at the outdoorsman show. They work well. I usually just leave the one in opposite the hand I shoot as I find that's the ear my muzzle brake hurts the most. If I have time I pop the other in.

andrew5
01-16-2020, 02:42 PM
I was thinking that the ones fixed to the hard band would be a good solution, as it wouldn't be much time or movement to slide them into position. I just hear about so many people losing hearing, and how it doesn't take many shots to start noticing a change. this really came up when I was looking into the support of suppressors for hunting, and how it would help avoid negative impacts on hunter hearing health.

andrew5
01-16-2020, 02:44 PM
I will always remember my PAL instructor having to essentially clear pressure in his ears by blowing his nose that was pinched closed with his fingers, because of shooting for so many years without ear protection. I can't imagine having to feel like you're constantly taking off from a plane and needing to release pressure in your ears.

skibum
01-16-2020, 02:45 PM
like above I have about 6 of those orange plugs in my pockets in the bush. I will put them in if the outlook for a shot is good,

I locate more deer by sound than sight in the bush so I am I am 50/50 on getting them in or not.

But I am not too concerned about a shot here and there out in the bush on my hearing. Its not Nam 68 out there

Yuritau
01-16-2020, 02:49 PM
A pair of the electronic in-ear plugs is on my (eventual) shopping list. I'd wear those near constantly.

robert05
01-16-2020, 03:57 PM
A very just reason for silencers. In parts of Europe and I believe Alaska and some states they are allowed.

Laurp99
01-16-2020, 04:06 PM
My last two Mulies I shot, I heard them before I actually saw them.

I don't use earplugs when hunting, not yet anyways. I think I lost some hearing in the 80s and 90s with all those rock concerts I've been too. ;)

two-feet
01-16-2020, 04:40 PM
I wear plugs and muffs for all shooting except the several shots a year at big game I may be lucky enough to get. I absolutely understand that I am potentially degrading my hearing with these shots. The three shots I took to drop my moose this year left my ears ringing for sure.

I smoke drum tobacco only when i am hunting. Also a poor health choice, but once in a while a guy has to “let er rip”

Hugh Mann
01-16-2020, 08:07 PM
For deer, when I am (ideally) only firing one, maybe two shots, I don't bother. Maybe that's because I am young and stupid, but I also like to hear my surroundings and my in-ear electronics don't have the ability to cancel out the noise of wind for those all day hikes.

I do however, wear them 100% when waterfowl hunting. Blasting 3 3.5" high brass loads at a time without protection is about as good an idea as going without protection in a Vietnamese brothel.

A pair of the electronic in-ear plugs is on my (eventual) shopping list. I'd wear those near constantly.

I'd recommend shelling out for the really fancy ones with the wind cancelation feature. Super annoying in mine and half the reason I don't wear them deer hunting.

180grainer
01-16-2020, 08:33 PM
I never did, but now, if I was duck hunting I would wear them. Deer, moose, etc....no. I do like those one's that appear to be on a horse shoe thing and sit nice on your neck. But in reality, when you bust that buck, the last thing I'll be thinking about is ear plugs.

sames14
01-16-2020, 08:41 PM
No offence but what the #@*!. Hopefully you are only taking or should only take one shot. If you are at the range then of course you should wear GOOD ear protection. Hiking in the bush i would not be wearing ear protection or have to worry about missing an opportunity because i have to get my ear plugs in. If you are that worried then buy a bow but then that would probably be to loud according to the " EPA". Ear Protection Act that someone will start after reading this.

r106
01-16-2020, 08:43 PM
Hunting no. Any type of target shooting yes, even a .22. I use the custom moulded hearing protection there relatively cheap and very comfortable

Greenthumbed
01-16-2020, 09:10 PM
Plugs around my neck. Pop them in when there's action. Easy and painless.

whitespringer
01-16-2020, 09:53 PM
I have used the regular plugs as well as the horseshoe type. Horseshoe type is super fast, and I get to hear the animals coming way before my deaf hunting partners ��

jlirot
01-16-2020, 10:14 PM
I carry in ear plugs around my neck. If I have time I'll pop them in. Range or duck hunting I wear plugs or muffs. Sometimes both at the same time. I know too many people (including my dad) who are near deaf from not using ear protection. It's no joke.

MichelD
01-16-2020, 10:35 PM
[QUOTE=sames14;2145966]No offence but what the #@*!. Hopefully you are only taking or should only take one shot. If you are at the range then of course you should wear GOOD ear protection. Hiking in the bush i would not be wearing ear protection or have to worry about missing an opportunity because i have to get my ear plugs in. If you are that worried then buy a bow but then that would probably be to loud according to the " EPA". Ear Protection Act that someone will start after reading this.[/QU

I thought like that from 12 to 40.

Now I'm deaf in one ear.

northof49
01-17-2020, 12:21 AM
Plugs around my neck. Pop them in when there's action. Easy and painless.

Same.....takes 2 seconds. But not when calling in elk or if jump something still hunting and time doesn’t permit.

sames14
01-17-2020, 12:36 AM
Well MichelD you must of taken alot of animals. I am 61, have taken my share, shoot a 338 wm and 300 wm both with muzzle brakes, my old favourite 06 (no brake) and 12 gauge semi auto for birds and I have no hearing loss. (unless it's the wife talking). Target or preseason gun check I always wore and still wear good protection.

Ohwildwon
01-17-2020, 12:43 AM
No bloody way I'm shooting a gun with out hearing protection.

Of coarse there is the odd circumstance :razz:

Since I started hunting 6 seasons ago, always have used these.

Highly recommend!

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/109669/walkers-razor-quad-electronic-muffs

sames14
01-17-2020, 01:02 AM
Remember it is wearing while hunting. I wonder if you are wearing these if you could hear an Elk bugle back to your call when he is a mile away and faint? Just an honest question. I have been calling Elk back and forth and then all of a sudden for some reason you turn and there is a big 6 pt looking at you from 50 yards. I wear a similar set for target but never while hunting or tried to hear anything from a distance. Other than ear protection I think they are only good for talking back and forth at a close proximity.

walks with deer
01-17-2020, 06:13 AM
shooting targets of course...shooting game..i would argue its almost dangerous..to wear plugs.

albravo2
01-17-2020, 06:51 AM
i got a custom pair from the ear clinic in Squamish. I really like them at the range but they are too much for hunting, slow to screw into my ear and they cancel a lot of noise.

I like the idea of the horseshoe ones. They don't fit as well as custom but anything helps and for a shot or three I think it would really help reduce the damage.

madcalfe
01-17-2020, 07:28 AM
just use regular plugs that hang around your neck i shoot a braked .300wsm with a 20" barrel...shes ignorant.
but anything smaller than a unbraked 30.06 i probably wouldnt throw in plugs for 1 shot

mcmullmar
01-17-2020, 07:58 AM
Only use them at the range

338win mag
01-17-2020, 08:07 AM
I just use foam ear plugs, I keep them in a certain pocket that way I'm not looking for them when I need them. Sometimes I keep one in my left ear if I think I'm close to shooting. If I'm at a stand then I will put one or both in, if its windy and I can't hear anything I just put them both in.
I find I can relax better when shooting probably because I always use plugs and muffs when shooting at the range.

Cyrus
01-17-2020, 08:13 AM
Since I need to have good hearing for employment I have a set of noise cancelling ear muffs tucked on my binoculars straps. Takes a couple seconds to put on and your ears will thank you later...I practiced for a while to get used to the process. Will not shoot without them.

hawk-i
01-17-2020, 08:42 AM
I wear this type around my neck, only takes a split second to put them in...:)

https://images.uline.com/is/image/content/dam/images/S/S18500/S-18085.jpg?$MediumRHD$&iccEmbed=1&icc=AdobeRGB

https://www.uline.ca/images/magglass_englarge.gif Enlarge

jlirot
01-17-2020, 09:43 AM
It only takes once. Many many examples of folks who were fine - until the one time they weren't. I have also seen accounts of folks with permanent damage from one loud bang - including gunfire.

That being said, if I'm bird hunting I shoot without protection most of the time because there's simply no time to put in ear plugs.

jackthebear
01-17-2020, 11:05 AM
I have not had an issue with my un-braked .270 that I use for a bush gun (timber hunting mostly) or a truck gun (if I’m cruising roads which doesn’t happen often). My braked 6.5 SAUM however has caused some serious ringing in my left ear when I shot a nice 3 point blacktail from 408 yards. Since then I ALWAYS pack earplugs when hunting with my 6.5 and keep one in my left ear. If I have the time I insert the one for right ear but that hasn’t happened yet😊

Livewire322
01-17-2020, 12:04 PM
In the past I did not wear hearing protection while big game hunting, but I am going to start this season. Especially now that I’m moving away from road hunting towards more spot and stalk/ hiking.

I got a pair of electronic earmuffs last summer and wore them while duck hunting this past season. I found that I could hear the waterfowl as well with them on as I could without (if not, slightly better).

I’ve a nearly constant mild ringing in both of my ears and I’m only 26.
Quite frankly, I don’t know if I have the discipline of the chap in the post about his first blacktail, but I’d like to get there.
Hearing is precious, and there are options to protect it while still enjoying hunting.

twoSevenO
01-17-2020, 12:32 PM
Duck hunting yes. Otherwise no. I'm not gonna bother when I take like 3 shots a season if I'm lucky. Lol

Dash
01-17-2020, 01:10 PM
So far no.. but I think that's just because I'm still young and dumb..haha Not to mention inexperienced. I've only gotten 3 big game animals so far in my hunting career and the last thing I'm thinking about is hearing protection. I'm still at that stage where buck fever has me shaking to my toes and it's just not something that I think about. Honestly, afterwards when I'm describing it to people I don't even remember "hearing" the gunshot if that makes sense. Stupid adrenaline. When I'm at the range though, 100%. It is something I'm going to try and make a point of doing in the future while hunting but only when a shot opportunity opens up. I've discovered a lot of animals by hearing alone and I don't want that sense being muted by ear protection (or hearing loss).

AllDay
01-17-2020, 01:54 PM
I should probably start, but I don't unless at the range. First animal (black bear) I ever shot was with an braked 300 wm without ear pro. Forgot to put the earpro on before pulling the trigger (around my neck). I actually felt shell shocked after because I wasn't expecting that loud of a bang (was new to larger caliber guns too). Hilarious and yet scary experience. Buddy asked me what happened and I just said "the bear just dropped". I pulled the trigger and he was gone. Sure enough, he didn't move. But the rattling in my head had me second guessing myself for a bit.

bankshot
01-17-2020, 01:56 PM
I wear these Howard Leight electronic muffs, they do a good job of magnifying sound you want to hear while cutting out the gun shot.

bigben
01-17-2020, 04:53 PM
Go on amazon and buy the walker game ear for about 75 bucks apiece put them on enhances your ability to hear the game and then cuts out at 90 decibels proctecting your ears
https://www.amazon.ca/Walkers-Game-Ear-GWP-UE1001-NXT2PK-Enhancers/dp/B0032BU4XM/ref=sr_1_15?dchild=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiA04XxBRD5ARIsAGFygj_lQqFyL9XxFL7oGgxS fsP7gFXgAeFDanxZVoV0Jf6T8flm1Ld-MVQaAob8EALw_wcB&hvadid=267113479827&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9001454&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t2&hvqmt=b&hvrand=7522990013497233284&hvtargid=aud-854548931260%3Akwd-300584244958&hydadcr=28705_11354706&keywords=walker+hearing+aid&qid=1579305168&sr=8-15

Fallkniven
01-17-2020, 08:37 PM
Trouble is most people take it very lightly untill they suffer hearing loss, but then they don't, as they realsie what it actually means to their lives. Its so easy to damage your ears permanently, don't wait untill it happens, use some quality ear plugs or Muffs and keep hunting and hearing. No shot is worth permanent hearing loss.

RayHill
01-18-2020, 09:28 AM
Wear low profile earmuffs. I have the walkers electronic they work great you can still hear when making the shot. It takes no time to slip them on before shooting. I know I flinch when not using hearing protection so it will improve your accuracy too. I hunt every day for weeks wearing them and don’t even know they are there. They also help hold in a bit of body heat too.

MontyLake
01-18-2020, 10:43 AM
When we're younger we think we can tough it out. You know, kind of like gritting your teeth as the truck hammers along another mile of potholes or squinting our eyes shut in blowing snow or sand.

But guess what? You can't squeeze your ears shut.

Every loud noise and particularly gun shots damage your hearing every time. You don't notice it at first and might even ridicule those who are smart enough to be concerned, but you're permanently whittling away at your hearing with every unprotected shot.

WhiteTailAB
01-18-2020, 03:39 PM
I wear this type around my neck, only takes a split second to put them in...:)

https://images.uline.com/is/image/content/dam/images/S/S18500/S-18085.jpg?$MediumRHD$&iccEmbed=1&icc=AdobeRGB

https://www.uline.ca/images/magglass_englarge.gif Enlarge

These if I use my braked rifle.

Gun Dog
01-18-2020, 06:24 PM
Go on amazon and buy the walker game ear for about 75 bucks apiece put them on enhances your ability to hear the game and then cuts out at 90 decibels proctecting your ears
https://www.amazon.ca/Walkers-Game-Ear-GWP-UE1001-NXT2PK-Enhancers/dp/B0032BU4XM/ref=sr_1_15?dchild=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiA04XxBRD5ARIsAGFygj_lQqFyL9XxFL7oGgxS fsP7gFXgAeFDanxZVoV0Jf6T8flm1Ld-MVQaAob8EALw_wcB&hvadid=267113479827&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9001454&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t2&hvqmt=b&hvrand=7522990013497233284&hvtargid=aud-854548931260%3Akwd-300584244958&hydadcr=28705_11354706&keywords=walker+hearing+aid&qid=1579305168&sr=8-15Looks interesting. Ear muffs interfere with the gun stock when I'm shooting.

I wear ear plugs at the range and nothing when hunting. When I added a muzzle brake to my 300 winmag it made my ears ring for days. Ouch. Don't use it any more so if anyone's interested in a Savage 300 winmag with a muzzle brake send me a PM.

A recent hearing test (my gf says I can't hear her) was normal for my age (61).

BRrooster
01-18-2020, 06:29 PM
No plugs when hunting, but plugs at the range or during sex.

BeerMan
01-18-2020, 06:57 PM
^^^^^This.

Bustercluck
01-18-2020, 08:52 PM
I double up on the hearing protection at the range. Plugs and muffs. I find I don’t flinch when the guy beside me lets a shot go.

Ive been trying to figure out hearing protection while hunting for the last few years. I tried putting a pair of muffs on the shoulder strap of my day pack, but they always seemed to be in the way and they make a bunch of racket. I settled on using a set of blue silicone disposable plugs on a string and Tied them to the hanger hook on my hunting coat. When I put my coat on I always make a point of pulling the plugs over my shoulders so they’re in position when I need them.

This year I actually got my left ear plug in before shooting which is my best ever. I got one plug in before the moose made me, so I made three shots with the left plug in and I didn’t even notice how loud it was.

ekul246
01-18-2020, 09:39 PM
I have a pair of the low profile ear muffs. I usually wear them on my head and can pull them down fast enough to get them on. The last 3 animals I had more than enough time to get them on. My first bear I took three shots from a 30-06 without ear protection and there was a rock bluff to my left. Couldn't hear a damn thing for days and had a crackling in my left ear with louder noises for a year or two. Even when I spoke with a raised voice it would crackle. Was also very dazed and out of it. I could hear it even when watching a movie in the theatres when there were explosions in the film. I also work in construction and am constantly around loud trucks and equipment and wear ear plugs constantly. I even wear them when driving truck because the air controls for dumping and putting the tarp on and off the truck are super loud in the cab. As well as the hydraulics running the salt spreader in the winter.
Thankfully, the crackling in my left went away after a few years and I had a hearing test 2 or 3 years after the hunt through work and my hearing was still near perfect. But, I find my ears ring easily and I always hear the gunshot when I shoot at an animal. Ever since my first animal. So I ALWAYS shoot with them on. Because that ringing in my ears and being kind of shell shocked didn't allow me to really enjoy having taken my first bear the way I would have liked. And everytime I take an animal, which honestly isn't many, I've been very thankful that I took the time to put the muffs on.
Tinnitus also runs in my family and I will try my damndest to protect my hearing. I would rather let an animal get away than lose my hearing. But I have not seen a true "trophy" animal while hunting that would make me question that. But I have a tendency to over prepare and that includes mentally thinking through all possible situations. And I have decided I will NEVER EVER shoot without my muffs on....even if it means missing a great animal. I am 31 and I plan on hearing well for the rest of my life.

That being said, when shooting rabbits or grouse on the road with a .22, it's a toss up whether I put them on or not. But 75% of the time, I do.

Bustercluck
01-18-2020, 09:55 PM
I don’t wear but plugs hunting or in the bedroom.

Maglic
01-18-2020, 10:57 PM
LOL You nailed it :)

bacon_overlord
01-18-2020, 11:20 PM
Double up att the range.. foam plugs and muffs.

.22 for small game sometimes, mainly to set a good example for the kids.

7RM when hunting, every time I can I throw in foam plugs kept in several pockets. Taken a few shots unprotected and ears rang for hours after.

As said, it's cumulative damage. Every loud noise chips away at your hearing, lawnmowers, chainsaws, guns, ex-wives, they all take their toll.

kootenaycarver
01-19-2020, 06:31 AM
I always use muffs at the range and purchased a pair of Walker Game ear digital ear buds for shotgun hunts. Only had them a couple of seasons, but seem to work well. I'm trying to save what hearing I have left.

beaverhunter69
01-19-2020, 06:53 AM
I have used electronic muffs hunting for the past 2 years, I made the change after my ears were left ringing from taking 2 shots in a row at a bear. Have always doubled up at the range with plugs and muffs and have always worn at least electronic muffs for waterfowl. I have started taking hearing protection very seriously over the past few years, lawnmower and snowblower get muffs too.

bc sportsman
01-22-2020, 10:30 AM
I just bought a pair of ghost stryke electronic ear plugs. Tried them out walking around in soft snow and at range. Work great and bonus is that I'll hear Mr. Grizz or my hunting bud (my son) trying to sneak up on the old man. Also, I expect I'll be able to hear game making sounds that I overlooked before. They are a real advantage in many ways.

albravo2
01-22-2020, 10:42 AM
No plugs when hunting, butt plugs at the range or during sex.

fixed it for you

weekender7
01-22-2020, 05:10 PM
I will always remember my PAL instructor having to essentially clear pressure in his ears by blowing his nose that was pinched closed with his fingers, because of shooting for so many years without ear protection. I can't imagine having to feel like you're constantly taking off from a plane and needing to release pressure in your ears.

That's how I feel everyday now. Years and years, 1000's of rounds unprotected shooting. Now without hearing aids, there are no bugles, no gobbles, no howls. If I only knew then what I know now.

Frango
01-22-2020, 07:26 PM
Being able to hear everything when I am on a walk or stock is very, very important .Target or just plinking ear protection is must.

shuswapbear
01-23-2020, 01:38 AM
I use a pair of these plugs they are a 2 stage hearing protection. If I'm out hunting in sxs I put on first stage of protection. when I fire my rifle I just push the button to change to second level of protection. I can shoot in first and does prevent my ears from getting rung.

https://www.westsidestores.ca/products/allen-shotwave-ear-bud.html

338win mag
01-23-2020, 06:04 AM
I use a pair of these plugs they are a 2 stage hearing protection. If I'm out hunting in sxs I put on first stage of protection. when I fire my rifle I just push the button to change to second level of protection. I can shoot in first and does prevent my ears from getting rung.

https://www.westsidestores.ca/products/allen-shotwave-ear-bud.html
I might give these ones a try, thanks shuswapbear

fishhunt
02-28-2020, 10:51 PM
I wear earplugs while riding on the ATV. Makes is quieter while driving. While walking/sitting, I'll have them loose inside the ear (they're connected to a a string that put over my head/under my hat or toque which keeps them from falling out and getting lost). This way I can still hear (although my hearing has decreased from shooting without earplugs when I was younger) and just press them in if I'm going to shoot. I also went to 30.06 from .300 cause I was tired of the KAAAAAA BOOOOM!

Banker
02-29-2020, 10:15 AM
While hunting i wear the Howard Leight Impact Sport with Sound Amplification. I turn up the volume and can hear movement in the bush much better than normal and they also keep my ears warm. I can hear my hunting partner whisper from 20' clearly. They give decent protection for a single shot outdoors.

When I am at the range, i wear the Howard lights and add Radians CEP001-0 Custom Molded Earplugs. I can hear the range master and also have really solid protection from multiple shots.

I once shot a 300 win. mag. while hunting without protection and my ears rang for the entire day.

ACB
02-29-2020, 12:02 PM
The only time that I wear hearing protection is while waterfowl hunting in a blind with others, I wear Walker Game Ears muffs. I don't wear any while big game hunting, I can only think of a handful of times that the report from a big game hunting rifle bothered me. I mostly hunt with a 300 win mag. Come to think of it, the only times that the report bothered me is when I'm delivering the coup de grace at close range. Should maybe think of having some protection for that instance.

walks with deer
02-29-2020, 12:41 PM
Well MichelD you must of taken alot of animals. I am 61, have taken my share, shoot a 338 wm and 300 wm both with muzzle brakes, my old favourite 06 (no brake) and 12 gauge semi auto for birds and I have no hearing loss. (unless it's the wife talking). Target or preseason gun check I always wore and still wear good protection.

ahaha yes i agree with above and mimick above

bcsteve
02-29-2020, 01:13 PM
The only time that I wear hearing protection is while waterfowl hunting in a blind with others, I wear Walker Game Ears muffs. I don't wear any while big game hunting, I can only think of a handful of times that the report from a big game hunting rifle bothered me. I mostly hunt with a 300 win mag. Come to think of it, the only times that the report bothered me is when I'm delivering the coup de grace at close range. Should maybe think of having some protection for that instance.
It’s not an issue of the report bothering you it’s the permanent damage it does to your ears whether it bothers you or not.

gunpower
03-01-2020, 04:04 PM
The only time that I wear hearing protection is while waterfowl hunting in a blind with others, I wear Walker Game Ears muffs. I don't wear any while big game hunting, I can only think of a handful of times that the report from a big game hunting rifle bothered me. I mostly hunt with a 300 win mag. Come to think of it, the only times that the report bothered me is when I'm delivering the coup de grace at close range. Should maybe think of having some protection for that instance. Whether you think it does or doesnèt bother you, every shot from any firearm, without hearing protection will bother your ears and damage your hearing for life, just as bad as the idiots that drive around in there cars with windows up. music blaring !! I have been wearing hearing aids for close to 38 + years now because the sawmill that I work at in the early 70,s did not supply the right hearing protection !! Now with out hearing aids, Ièm legally deaf. It sure puts a damper on day to day life !!! Take care of your hearing, once gone it never returns !!!

snipersights
03-01-2020, 07:38 PM
There are some ear muffs I use for target shooting. They amplify anything below a certain decibel range and mute anything above that range. Basically making it so you can hear a grouse in the grass, but as soon as you pull the trigger all goes quiet. Pretty handy for days when your shooting birds, squirrel, rabbits where you’re taking multiple shots.