PDA

View Full Version : consistently shooting low

wjh131
10-05-2007, 08:43 AM
Hi,
I've got a 2007 martin bengal, it was set up at the local bow-shop. Upon practising with it, I consistently shoot low. I have moved my sights as low as they can go and still shoot low. Any advice/tips?

bwhnter
10-05-2007, 10:00 AM
You might be dropping your shoulder just before you release. I know that this has happebed to me. It is a form of target panic. Try stepping up to within 6 feet of your target and really concentrate on your form and squeezing that trigger. Form is everything when you want to shoot consistantly. I shoot in my living room at a rag bag. The distance is only about 10 feet but I try to put the arrow in the same hole every shot. Also try paper tuneing you might be knocked to high or low. These are just some thing to slowly eliminate from the possibilities. The best thing to do is find someone in your area that knows what they are doing and get them to give you a "lesson" on the tricks to bow tuneing.

Good luck.

Bow Walker
10-05-2007, 07:10 PM
Give us a bit more info about your setup...........what rest are you using.....arrow make, length, tip weight.....type and size of fletching?

You may want to try moving your nock point a bit lower by about 1/8th of an inch.

If your rest is a dropaway there may be fletching contact.

You may be under spined, or have a too heavy tip.

Without knowing anything about your setup, I'd suggest moving your nocking point and trying that.

Bowzone_Mikey
10-05-2007, 08:46 PM
is yer peep centered properly ... ...has it slipped in your string ...

where ya anchored ....

there is way to many variables ... post up a pic of you at full draw and anchored ...side and rear veiw ...

sealevel
10-05-2007, 08:54 PM
I think micky on the rite track. i would check your peep it is likely moving

Dragginbait
10-05-2007, 11:29 PM
No I'm not being a dick , but are you putting your arrow on the string upside down with the fletching in the wrong spot or are your arrows nocked wrong? It's been done before, and suprisingly the guy looked alot like me. But I do have a twin, so you decide!!!

wjh131
10-06-2007, 07:04 AM
No, but I am using a hostage rest where the nock fletch is actually supposed to be mounted upside down.

diggerpax
10-06-2007, 07:23 AM
One trick some people use to make sure their knocking point is always the same is have your string touch the tip of your nose when you shoot- shis helps keep the same knocking point everytime. I'd also think about where your knock is on your string, or if your rest is too low- don't forget that when one aspect is adjusted that others may need moved as well to maintain good flight- check by shooting through paper.

Bow Walker
10-06-2007, 08:33 AM
is yer peep centered properly ... ...has it slipped in your string ...

where ya anchored ....

there is way to many variables ... post up a pic of you at full draw and anchored ...side and rear veiw ...

I think BZ is closer to being correct than any of us - including me. I forgot about the peep moving :oops: and - it has happened to me, yet I forgot about it.

If the peep moves up a bit, you'll be hitting lower - all the time. Check it and make sure that it is served in securely.:wink:

Bowzone_Mikey
10-13-2007, 08:22 AM
didja figger the problem?

Eagle1
10-14-2007, 07:00 AM
I think BZ is closer to being correct than any of us - including me. I forgot about the peep moving :oops: and - it has happened to me, yet I forgot about it.

If the peep moves up a bit, you'll be hitting lower - all the time. Check it and make sure that it is served in securely.:wink:

If you move your peep up you will hit higher, if you move your peep down you will hit lower.
Did you check your wheel timing, on a two cam /cam and 1/2 if the top wheel finishes first it will lift the nock end of the arrow making it shoot low, if the bottom wheel finishes first it will pull the nock end down into the arrow rest and making it kick up and possably shoot low.

Bow Walker
10-14-2007, 07:49 PM
:oops: Thanks Bill..........

OOBuck
10-14-2007, 07:58 PM
Just a thought.. But aim higher?:smile: LOL

counldn't resist

000buck
10-14-2007, 08:09 PM
start with obvious and move on to more complicated theories after....nice

wjh131
10-20-2007, 05:23 PM
Actually my peep was set up about 2" low and after I moved it up, she's pulling bullseye's for me now. I did move the nock about a hair lower and the rest as well. She's fine now. Thanks fellas!

Bow Walker
10-20-2007, 05:38 PM
We're all glad you solved the problem. Happy shooting, and most of the thanks should go to BZ Mikey.

Bowzone_Mikey
10-20-2007, 08:37 PM
Actually my peep was set up about 2" low and after I moved it up, she's pulling bullseye's for me now. I did move the nock about a hair lower and the rest as well. She's fine now. Thanks fellas!

Glad to hear that yer hammering tacks now ....:biggrin:

OOBuck
10-22-2007, 06:23 PM
I still like the aim higher suggestion... :razz:

wolverine
10-22-2007, 07:05 PM
I know this might sound really stupid but I have no idea of how much experience you have with a bow. Okay....... here goes........Are you actually looking through the peep sight when you are looking at your pins? I had one fellow that I was teaching doing the same thing that you were. Always really low, even at 10 yards. Turned out he wasn't looking through the peep. Sorry if it sounds too simple. Just I've seen it before.

Cheers.