RobU
12-28-2019, 10:49 AM
https://youtu.be/gOkRlH-UPjU

REMINGTON JIM
12-28-2019, 10:57 AM
Nice Video - Interesting ANY more INFO on them ? RJ

12-28-2019, 11:26 AM
OK..... I will bite.

Good message. Whos listening? What are the goals? How do you grow in membership and get to the table to make a difference on decisions concerning our Wildlifes future?

In the past ive been a member of many organizations past and present. WSSBC. BCHA. BCWF. RMEF. To name a few.

Of which some of these have presented a few proposals that have done nothing to improve Conservation for concern of all Wildlife and further regulate the resident hunter with regulations that do nothing but cater to chosen groups and organizations.

Id like nothing more than to see all BC Hunters on the same page demanding change for betterment of all Species. But really, the way we are all opinionated and beliefs vary from FNs, to Guides, to Residents, to Antis, to the blind eyes of politicians. I personally dont ever see us coming together as one. IMHO.

I hope this is the start and I hope Im wrong. Time will tell. And time is something we dont have a lot of. Its purely sickening the lack of funding to our Bios and managers, sickening the decisions made by several governments to cater to the Anti movement. With no science for the betterment of All Wildlife, rather then the chosen few fuzzy cuddly critters.
Good luck to those trying to make a difference.

RobU
12-28-2019, 11:33 AM
Remington Jim and anyone else interested. We are currently working on becoming a non profit organization. A great group of hunters have formed a loose committee for this process.
Start up projects include letter to premiere Horgan, MLAs, regulation changes and recommendations, plus much more. The promotional video was produced by Dean Trumbley and his team at Bushnell Trigger Effects. Not to point it the obvious to fellow hunters, we would like to reach out to the non hunting community (the silent majority). The hunting community needs to show we care, we’re responsible and we won’t stand for blatant mismanagement. We’re a forward thinking organization built by hunters for wildlife conservation. Much more to come in the near future. We also have a working group Hunters for BC on Facebook until we become mainstream in early 2020. This Hunting BC site has many terrific people and we hope to share your passions, frustrations and work together to form solutions.
Feel free to PM me or reach out to us on the website with questions or concerns.
huntersforbc.cahttp://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7716&stc=1

IronNoggin
12-28-2019, 11:36 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOkRlH-UPjU

Nice Video - Interesting ANY more INFO on them ? RJ

Posted the same time as RobU did above. I would still like to know a little more about this group, as it appears something I may well be interested in...

EDIT to Note:

I did find the website, only to realize I had already subscribed! Damn SomeTimers!! :roll:

https://huntersforbc.ca/

And for those on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/796358684144407/

Cheers,
Nog

wildcatter
12-28-2019, 11:37 AM
I like it, count me in if becomes a functioning organization.

338win mag
12-28-2019, 11:48 AM
Remington Jim and anyone else interested. We are currently working on becoming a non profit organization. A great group of hunters have formed a loose committee for this process.
Start up projects include letter to premiere Horgan, MLAs, regulation changes and recommendations, plus much more. The promotional video was produced by Dean Trumbley and his team at Bushnell Trigger Effects. Not to point it the obvious to fellow hunters, we would like to reach out to the non hunting community (the silent majority). The hunting community needs to show we care, we’re responsible and we won’t stand for blatant mismanagement. We’re a forward thinking organization built by hunters for wildlife conservation. Much more to come in the near future. We also have a working group Hunters for BC on Facebook until we become mainstream in early 2020. This Hunting BC site has many terrific people and we hope to share your passions, frustrations and work together to form solutions.
Feel free to PM me or reach out to us on the website with questions or concerns.
huntersforbc.cahttp://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7716&stc=1
Smart..... I'm all ears.

338win mag
12-28-2019, 11:51 AM
I also really like people who do what they said they were going to do.

bighornbob
12-28-2019, 12:33 PM
I tried sending an email last time they posted asking for more info. A coworker did the same. Neither of us ever heard back from anyone.

BHB

RobU
12-28-2019, 12:49 PM
Thanks. I’m all ears for feedback. As we are all hard core hunters, trappers and outdoors people, it’s important to understand and acknowledge members. Being small and starting out, we’ve been warned not to spread too thin as BC has multiple problems with many potential solutions. Currently it’s very important to get the message out about hunting and it’s role in conservation. Feedback over the past 2 months has been overwhelmingly positive and yes there are always nay sayers in every crowd. Very happy with our current goals and looking forward to a hard working and active 2020.
A little about myself: I’ve been a hunter my entire life with 8 years guiding. I’ve seen what this province is capable of and deeply saddened by its current state. I’m a member of 3 organizations and have reluctantly decided to drop one of them. Our efforts to this cause will not yield instant rewards as I believe it could take much time and effort to reverse some of the current trends. We’re in it for the long haul. My full name is Robin Unrau and we will do our absolute best to represent hunters and promote hunting with a professional and respectable attitude. Meeting a ton of great folks along the way and great friendships developing for a common goal.

IronNoggin
12-28-2019, 01:28 PM
A few related questions...

Who are these people? I mean beyond yourself, who else is on your Board, and who else is backing the initiative behind the scenes?

What exactly are they going to do that’s any different from organizations like one campfire, Wild sheep society, BHA, SCI etc?

While I agree with the background you provided, it simply doesn't go deep enough.

The concept is good. Splintering already thin resources is not.

Convince us...

Waiting...
Nog

Walking Buffalo
12-28-2019, 01:47 PM
Is Bownut Al still "one of these people"?

I gave up on his lobbying for Hunters for BC after being told too many lies.
I simply don't trust him.

12-28-2019, 02:09 PM
[QUOTE=Walking Buffalo;2141856]Is Bownut Al still "one of these people"?

Whoa.......I hope not too, some of his self driven agendas were certainly not in the best interest of ALL BC hunters.

Would be nice to see a complete list of the executive or who chairs this movement.

After all, look at a few of the other organizations many of us thought were supporting BC Hunters concerns.......only to bite us in the backside.

I hope this Hunters for BC organization is some how different and bases its decisions, proposals and recommendations on voices from everyone supporting it rather than self driven Alpha attitudes. Which has got us to where we are today.

HighCountryBC
12-28-2019, 02:15 PM
Is Bownut Al still "one of these people"?

I gave up on his lobbying for Hunters for BC after being told too many lies.
I simply don't trust him.

Him as well as a few others that are fairly vocal on some of the FB groups. I will not throw my support behind this gang.

Wild one
12-28-2019, 05:34 PM
Can’t speak for or against this group and can’t say bownut would be a top choice of mine but I can’t speak too highly of present representation from other groups either. My opinion take a real look and ask questions then make your choice. Voice your opinion see if they actually listen to hunters and make adjustments. Lots of hunters are not happy with how they are represented now and the only way that is going to change is if you find new representation.

At this point I say looking into any group that is willing to put in the effort to stand up is at least worth seeing what they are about/agenda. Worst case they are not worth supporting and you let them fade

338win mag
12-28-2019, 05:44 PM
Can’t speak for or against this group and can’t say bownut would be a top choice of mine but I can’t speak too highly of present representation from other groups either. My opinion take a real look and ask questions then make your choice. Voice your opinion see if they actually listen to hunters and make adjustments. Lots of hunters are not happy with how they are represented now and the only way that is going to change is if you find new representation.

At this point I say looking into any group that is willing to put in the effort to stand up is at least worth seeing what they are about/agenda. Worst case they are not worth supporting and you let them fade
Pretty much what I think too, I dont do facebook so....I'm going to pm my questions.

REMINGTON JIM
12-28-2019, 06:15 PM

Posted the same time as RobU did above. I would still like to know a little more about this group, as it appears something I may well be interested in...

EDIT to Note:

I did find the website, only to realize I had already subscribed! Damn SomeTimers!! :roll:

Cheers,
Nog

Apparently ! i HAVE-HAD also Nog ! :wink: Old Timers BUT i have never heard a WORD from them ! :( RJ

Ride Red
12-28-2019, 06:15 PM
I thought Ourea was working on something a couple seasons ago. What happened with that?

Keta1969
12-28-2019, 07:44 PM
The fact is that as we have seen, hunters have a hard time sticking together and working to a common goal. As soon as one faction feels "their" method or type of hunting is threatened the sniping and backbiting starts. Until all the groups are willing to sit down and STAY at the table even when they "lose" something, progress will be difficult or impossible. People will Have to be involved with others they may not like, and then stay at the table when a proposal is made that directly affects them. I wish you luck but from what I've seen personal agendas always seem to get in the way and get blown out of all proportion on social media.

bownut
12-28-2019, 07:45 PM
Trust in yourself and I'll watch how it plays out.
I'm just a member like all the others.

Maybe some day we can meet face to face and have a positive discussion about our present wildlife declines.

As far as the lies, you must be referring to the Alberta CWD cull that was forwarded to me, sorry I was misinformed.
On that same note, wonder how the Koots will be when they start to watch their CWD study?

HighCountryBC
12-28-2019, 08:39 PM
No shortage of ulterior motives with some of the loudest in that group.

Wild one
12-28-2019, 09:07 PM
No shortage of ulterior motives with some of the loudest in that group.

Care to explain because you clearly have some reasons or motives here

I would not be surprised what you say is true because this has been a common trend in BCs hunting orgs. Definitely a huge problem in the BCWF and has been for a long time.

Piperdown
12-29-2019, 07:31 AM
Look at Numnuts post on scopes on crossbows, they won't get my support.

Wild one
12-29-2019, 07:42 AM
Look at Numnuts post on scopes on crossbows, they won't get my support.

from his post here bownut is nothing more then a member and if that is the case he should not be considered a factor

fearnodeer
12-29-2019, 08:18 AM
So tell me how you guys got started, is this just a social media group ? or do you have meetings ? how does one get to be on the board for this group ? I realize it is on a volunteer basis, but do you guys need to raise money to operate and if so how is this done ? can you tell me the reason you must sign up to your Facebook site in order to be able to read any of the posts ? I would like to find out more about your group before signing up if I decided to, so is there any other way of doing this ? One last question, if I were to sign up do I get full access to read all posts.

Sorry for so many questions.

RobU
12-29-2019, 08:21 AM
Sorry I don’t have time for following the mud slinging. I can make this much easier for anyone interested and forward thinking.
my number is 250-864-7645
rob.u1@outlook.com
im unable to provide a full membership list as there are close to 1200 and rapidly growing. Administration has 9 very passionate and energetic individuals from across BC. trying to make a difference
i can answer questions much more effectively and efficiently.
Robin.

Jack Russell
12-29-2019, 08:44 AM

EDIT to Note:

Cheers,
Nog

Apparently I have "some-timers" too. I'm pretty sure I haven't subscribed before because it is something that I don't do (except here, this is important) - possible web error may exist

RobU
12-29-2019, 08:49 AM
This started as an idea. Some hunting friends and I decided too much complaining and no action. We have discussed every organization and their roles. WSSBC is the leader in this group and we strongly endorse and support their efforts.
We discussed how best to start out and ask hunters what is needed from an organization consisting of hunters, representing hunters and wildlife from grouse to moose.

A workshop group by invite was set up to show the issues at stake and how best to address these issues. From there the decision was made to become a non profit organization to better organize and show strength in numbers. Simple answer: grass roots organization, hunters rallying to ask for conservation and quality wildlife management. For those wondering, we keep close contact with several other organizations as they have been exceptionally helpful in this process and recognize the need for hunter support and voice.

Stone Sheep Steve
12-29-2019, 09:17 AM
This started as an idea. Some hunting friends and I decided too much complaining and no action. We have discussed every organization and their roles. WSSBC is the leader in this group and we strongly endorse and support their efforts.
We discussed how best to start out and ask hunters what is needed from an organization consisting of hunters, representing hunters and wildlife from grouse to moose.

A workshop group by invite was set up to show the issues at stake and how best to address these issues. From there the decision was made to become a non profit organization to better organize and show strength in numbers. Simple answer: grass roots organization, hunters rallying to ask for conservation and quality wildlife management. For those wondering, we keep close contact with several other organizations as they have been exceptionally helpful in this process and recognize the need for hunter support and voice.

Rob- would you mind explaining what you mean by ‘quality wildlife management’?

Wentrot
12-29-2019, 09:20 AM
This is highly needed, I hope it turns out to be a good thing and the correct people are driving the bus.

HighCountryBC
12-29-2019, 09:28 AM
Care to explain because you clearly have some reasons or motives here

I would not be surprised what you say is true because this has been a common trend in BCs hunting orgs.

I would just say to anyone considering throwing their support behind said group to do their due diligence. Might be surprised at some of the things the organizers are pushing for. I can get behind any person or group that truly has wildlife as their first priority but I personally don't think that is entirely the case here.

Wild one
12-29-2019, 09:29 AM
Sorry I don’t have time for following the mud slinging. I can make this much easier for anyone interested and forward thinking.
my number is 250-864-7645 (tel:250-864-7645)
rob.u1@outlook.com
im unable to provide a full membership list as there are close to 1200 and rapidly growing. Administration has 9 very passionate and energetic individuals from across BC. trying to make a difference
i can answer questions much more effectively and efficiently.
Robin.

My opinion for those wanting to know what is really going on with this group use the above contact information

Not being in BC anymore is the only reason I won’t be

HighCountryBC
12-29-2019, 09:30 AM

I'd like to see this one explained as well..

browningboy
12-29-2019, 09:33 AM
Congrats to you Rob! The vast amounts of hunters will just sit back and bitcch and fingerpoint, if your membership can herd these cats it will be great for all resident hunters in B.C.
it will be tough to get going, have to just become non for profit society then create an organizational chart, figure out a membership cost to cover expenses then get vocal, go to trade / gun shows and get a booth/table..
best of luck!

bearvalley
12-29-2019, 09:35 AM
I would just say to anyone considering throwing their support behind said group to do their due diligence. Might be surprised at some of the things the organizers are pushing for. I can get behind any person or group that truly has wildlife as their first priority but I personally don't think that is entirely the case here.

What are they pushing that’s so negative?

Wild one
12-29-2019, 09:39 AM

Completely fair response and something I would say for all groups. Doing ones do diligence is important so you know you will be supporting a org that represents your personal views and push for the future of hunting to go in that direction

People need to stop throwing support behind orgs without research if they want proper representation. If hunters did this more often in the past there would likely be less hunters upset on how they are represented today

Wild one
12-29-2019, 09:42 AM
I'd like to see this one explained as well..

you could also enlighten people on the issues you are concerned about regarding this group

I have already been informed bownut is not a driving force in this org like some claimed earlier

RobU
12-29-2019, 10:11 AM

Brent. We’ve known each other for decades.
just call or PM me.

quality management means anything other than what we’ve seen for past 20 years. In other words. Manage to our current numbers, not what we used to have.

Wild one
12-29-2019, 10:13 AM
Brent. We’ve known each other for decades.
just call or PM me.

quality management means anything other than what we’ve seen for past 20 years. In other words. Manage to our current numbers, not what we used to have.

That would be a step in the right direction

RobU
12-29-2019, 10:15 AM
For those trying to punish me on this site. Grow up. Hiding behind self imposed nick names and sniping. Get a life. Get out of the virtual world, grow a pair and get busy with the important problems. Wow!!

bearvalley
12-29-2019, 10:17 AM

I’m interested in RobU’s answer as well, but damn near any change in management beats what we’ve seen in the past.

We’ve listened to the dribble that everything needs to be based on science, it’s all habitat issues etc...etc.
Throughout the procrastination while we have followed this mandate like a herd of sheep our ungulate populations in a good portion of this province have gone into a downward spiral.

This spiral has reduced hunter opportunity in much of the province and shifted pressure to areas that are still doing OK as far as ungulate numbers and hunt quality go.

If this trend continues...BC as a whole has a limited amount of time until all licensed hunting is F***ed.

The groups in the past have failed, they have created division that has opened doors to the wolves and some groups have even formed alliances with the wolves in order to push the division issue farther.

Maybe RobU and his group can put something together.

Wild one
12-29-2019, 10:35 AM
For those trying to punish me on this site. Grow up. Hiding behind self imposed nick names and sniping. Get a life. Get out of the virtual world, grow a pair and get busy with the important problems. Wow!!

Expect to weather a storm there is definitely going to be no lack of people trying to discredit this org. There is definitely those with there own agenda and if they feel you threaten it you will target you.

You have my respect for standing up trying to make change for that reason I believe people should at least take the time to hear what you have to say and then make a choice.

HarryToolips
12-29-2019, 10:40 AM

I agree....so for now, I think we should all throw our support their direction, thank you for your efforts thus far Rob U....

IronNoggin
12-29-2019, 10:48 AM
... Administration has 9 very passionate and energetic individuals from across BC. trying to make a difference ...

A good start to addressing one of the concerns I noted would be to identify this group clearly.
Most recognize those that have been around and involved for any real length of time.
The backgrounds of those running this show will definitely sway those considering joining your ranks one way or the other...

Just saying...
Nog

Wild one
12-29-2019, 10:55 AM
A good start to addressing one of the concerns I noted would be to identify this group clearly.
Most recognize those that have been around and involved for any real length of time.
The backgrounds of those running this show will definitely sway those considering joining your ranks one way or the other...

Just saying...
Nog

I agree being honest, transparent, and most important listen to BC hunters not just tell them what should be done. Accomplish this with a good team and this could be successful

reaching out as Rob has done providing contact information so people can ask ? is a good starting point

RobU
12-29-2019, 10:59 AM
I agree....so for now, I think we should all throw our support their direction, thank you for your efforts thus far Rob U....

All good everyone. Actions speak louder than words.
There is no need to defend the organization as the path is true. A great core group will ensure
we stay on course. Negative energy will be left behind where it belongs. Questions and concerns will be answered as promptly as possible. Much work to do.
Robin

IronNoggin
12-29-2019, 11:21 AM
... Questions and concerns will be answered as promptly as possible...

If that is true, please have a look at my previous post (Number 11 in this thread).
I honestly believe that by clearly identifying yourselves, and addressing the concerns I posed, will go a rather long way towards helping folks decide whether to join with you or not.

Not doing so, and suggesting the only way that can be answered is in private, suggests to some that there may be some ulterior motive for addressing such concerns and questions in that manner.

I realize we are all busy.
I have time, and can wait until you have the same to accommodate this request...

Cheers,
Matt

12-29-2019, 11:45 AM
Well said Nog.

Who chairs this group? Who are the Executive? What experience do they bring to the table? Are they experienced managers? Do they run Big Business? Board of directors? Any one sitting past or presently at the table with government and stakeholders with wildlife concerns?
Lets hear your credentials.......can you quantify your negotiation experience? How will you come up with recommendations? From membership or yet again from a few strong willed self driven agendas?

So many questions to answer. If your True as you say and a quantified group. Lets hear who you are.

Until then, Im keeping my money in my jeans, well OK, in my cheap Camo pockets.

Id love to see a unified voice for all BC hunters, but as I see it, given how many groups to please, I dont see it ever happening. Till then, good luck to you.

If the above answers cant be answered publicly, Im out. To tired of self driven agendas catering to special groups.

pro 111
12-29-2019, 12:24 PM
Individual well written facts sent in letter form to your MLA and others up the ladder in my opion hold a lot of weight. They cant ignore 20000 letters showing up on there door steps from concearned hunters . Pretty easy though not to read an Email.

12-29-2019, 12:25 PM
Maybe just a couple simple q's.....
Where does this group stand on the scoped xbow issues?
Where do you stand on baiting of ungulates?
Where do you stand on higher allocations of wildlife for guides up to 40% in some cases compared to BC resident opportunities?

Piperdown
12-29-2019, 12:59 PM
No offense Rob but it is like you are dangling a carrot in front of a bunch of hungry horses. Come clean, list the executive members names and contacts, what exactly is your mission statement, what are you for and against, any educated people on the board, bios, environmental degrees etc. I won't support anything that seems to be secretive.

Bugle M In
12-29-2019, 02:23 PM
Just out of curiousity to those that have commented on this thread.
(and I get wanting to know names etc if you want to know the org.)

But, how did the BCWF come about?
How did the WSS come about???

Was there just as much "questions" being asked before people stood behind them?
Just trying to figure out how some groups got legs?
Cause what I see now, is no one trust no one in BC anymore.
A few like this guy/gal, a few like that guy/gal.

And I get it, because we spend so much time debating for example "I am for baiting and I am not for baiting" and all the issues that have made even sites like HBC unenjoyable for many over the years.
When does a the little issues get put to the side and everyone start focusing at the bigger issues?

Seems to me like we need list of names of those "willing to run an Org" and then have a Vote to see which of them we will trust/tolerate and
which we wont.
If that's the case, are we going to find anyone that we all can trust??

Again, I get the concern of who is steering the ship and what agendas is a new group leading with etc.
But then again, I cant help but "feel" we truly are doomed in BC because there are so many divides, whether they are big issues that separate us, or a lot of these minor ones that come up so often amongst hunters.

One thing that is needed, and those that see the big picture, do realize Hunters in BC do need "representation"...a large one!
And we don't have that.
And it has to be an Org that looks at the BIG PICTURE of issues, rather then trying to police whether it supports bait bans or not.
Those are the issues that cant be a part of the Org, otherwise it will never get off the ground.
It has to be an Org that is only directed at getting the Government and Ministry to react and address real issues.
Not policing Regs and what fits for the individual.

HighCountryBC
12-29-2019, 03:03 PM
What are they pushing that’s so negative?

I'll start by saying this is not all of the organizers but a couple, and one very vocal and prominent member pushing a few of the things I take issue with.

Let's start with the half in, half out approach to science. All for science when it comes to defending the grizzly bear hunt, wolf reduction and those sorts of things. When it comes to ungulates, biologists etc. they take a 180 and now the science doesn't matter, or they "know better". I think that's called cherry picking?

Then there's the shaming of those who shoot animals that aren't up to his standard. Some of public shaming I've seen has been downright disgusting and makes me embarrassed to be part of the hunting community.

The constant division of hunters and hunting methods is another I take issue with. Don't agree with it? That's ok, just ban it because I don't like it. The list goes on but here's a few.

At a time when the hunting community needs to be more united than it ever has been, I have a hard time throwing my support behind people like this.

fearnodeer
12-29-2019, 03:51 PM
Well Rob welcome to the world of social media.

Bugle M In
12-29-2019, 04:34 PM
Well Rob welcome to the world of social media.

I sometimes think that IS the big issue.
Back in the day, you either had to pick up a phone and have one on one discussions, or show up and do it face to face.
Which, I can see thigs working out and we got groups like WSS and BCWF.

But now, all can be lost in a post, in seconds.

Bugle M In
12-29-2019, 04:46 PM
I'll start by saying this is not all of the organizers but a couple, and one very vocal and prominent member pushing a few of the things I take issue with.

Let's start with the half in, half out approach to science. All for science when it comes to defending the grizzly bear hunt, wolf reduction and those sorts of things. When it comes to ungulates, biologists etc. they take a 180 and now the science doesn't matter, or they "know better". I think that's called cherry picking?

Then there's the shaming of those who shoot animals that aren't up to his standard. Some of public shaming I've seen has been downright disgusting and makes me embarrassed to be part of the hunting community.

The constant division of hunters and hunting methods is another I take issue with. Don't agree with it? That's ok, just ban it because I don't like it. The list goes on but here's a few.

At a time when the hunting community needs to be more united than it ever has been, I have a hard time throwing my support behind people like this.

That's the part I worry about with Orgs.
If a group like Hunters for BC tackles the big issues we face, then great.
But if there are going to be all those little nuances in the mix, like we support this type of hunting , but not this way, then we have just more
of the same.

If they want to focus on BIG STUFF, like Pred Reduction, that BS spraying up north, or pushing for more funding, more CO's, Forestry Practices in the Age of Beetle, stuff like that, we totally need Representation.
The majority of hunters would stand behind that.

If it is going to be LEH that, bait ban this, there will be no unity!
Just more of the same.

As for "this one person", I should would be curious to know who that is (shaming) and would also like to know who the one Prominent Member
is?
Think its time some are just called out of the wood pile, for everyone to see.
This guessing stuff, for me, I am realizing I am getting too old for:smile:

But yes, fully agree what we need a much better united front.
I have all of my hunting life in an era of "decline", as compared to my father when he started.
Telling old guys what needs to happen is pointless...set in their ways.
But getting the younger folks, who are equally as concerned, to enlighten them on what has already been tried and failed and to not
watch them go down the same rabbit hole as my generation did, is my only hope.
Thus my hating seeing more Regs for a useless endeavor and useless outcome.
I want to see changes that "make a difference".

Piperdown
12-29-2019, 04:48 PM
Another question for you Rob, what are you, a resident hunter, guide, outfitter, just curious as to who or what you are. You can at least give us your bio??

Wild one
12-29-2019, 05:22 PM

Sounds like you have legitimate personal concerns about some involved

Sadly common trend with all orgs just different twists

Ourea
12-29-2019, 06:03 PM
Seldom is success realized without sound and proven leadership, simple fact.

Muliechaser
12-29-2019, 06:10 PM
We all need to understand that some of the things this group may push for or stand for may not align with our individual beleifs/morals . And that is ok . Just becuase a group or person isnt against what you are against doesnt mean that the group wont help with the bigger picture and help our wildlife!! .
Just becuase there may be 1or 2 people you dont like on the board doesnt mean it is not worth your time to join and or support the group. Have to look at it as a whole . As rob has stated . Questions can be either asked thru phone, pm or email . Yet people still continue to ask in the thread and call rob out becuase he is not answering questions after stating how to discuss the group or questions. Rob is right . Social media garbage , online mudslinging etc etc . . If you join . We will have time to all meet face to face . And will see how different it goes compared to this online shit . We must unite . We are devided .far to much . Stand together before we have nothing left . At a certain maturity level you just have enough with the shit talking and ego shit . Stand for what you beleive in as a whole . Work together or get chastised and pushed out. Thats our individual choices .

Muliechaser
12-29-2019, 06:15 PM

Even if the leadership isnt proven ,when you have an army of passionate,knowlegable people backing you success is immanent .

HighCountryBC
12-29-2019, 06:26 PM
I don't think it is asking much of a poster who comes on looking for support to clarify a little about the board, their position, goals of the organization etc. Saying you're "for wildlife" is a pretty general statement.

Why not get the org's position out in the open here rather than individual phone calls and emails?

338win mag
12-29-2019, 06:26 PM

Even if the leadership isnt proven ,when you have an army of passionate,knowlegable people backing you success is immanent .
These two posts here^^^^^
I look at any organization like this....I don't belong to an organization/club, the said groups belong to me, and the rest of the body, these are the people who make the organization what it is.

Ride Red
12-29-2019, 06:50 PM
I’m with all previous posters asking for transparency. Any business deals I’ve had have been on merit and due diligence. Once the who, what and why are answered truthfully, only then will the majority step up to the plate with support. Too many times have we been fooled over the past few years and I for one am leery and gun shy.

scoutlt1
12-29-2019, 07:30 PM
Transparency is absoutely vital.

Robin, can I/we get your thoughts and comments on FN issues regarding hunting and fishing in BC?

bearvalley
12-29-2019, 07:50 PM
Robin, can I/we get your thoughts and comments on FN issues regarding hunting and fishing in BC?

Is it fair to be asking his opinion on FN hunting & fishing issues in BC when it is completely out of his or our control?

scoutlt1
12-29-2019, 07:59 PM
Is it fair to be asking his opinion on FN hunting & fishing issues in BC when it is completely out of his or our control?

When a link to "A Guide to Aboriginal Harvesting Rights" is posted on the "huntersforbc.ca" website, then yes, I think it's fair to ask the question.

Wild one
12-29-2019, 08:00 PM

yup no hunting org has any power here this is a govt/treaty issue

scoutlt1
12-29-2019, 08:04 PM
yup no hunting org has any power here this is a govt/treaty issue

If this is true, then every resident hunter in BC is f***ed.

Period.

Wild one
12-29-2019, 08:08 PM
If this is true, then every resident hunter in BC is f***ed.

Period.

Do some research regarding FN treaties and there hunting rights. You decided for yourself from there

338win mag
12-29-2019, 08:08 PM
Transparency is absoutely vital.

Its a fair question, just cause there is no control doesn't mean an answer isn't/can't/won't be forthcoming.

12-29-2019, 08:25 PM
Until there is ACCOUNTABILITY BY ALL user groups.....including FNs

There will be NO SUSTAINABILITY

So just how can ANY other groups work with 1 that has ZERO ACCOUNTABILITY and answers to no one.

Good luck to any of these organizations.

scoutlt1
12-29-2019, 08:26 PM
Do some research regarding FN treaties and there hunting rights. You decided for yourself from there
With all due respect, I'm well enough versed in FN treaties and rights to ask for thoughts and comments on such from an organization/individual that claims to have my interests at heart, when I am, as a resident hunter in BC, being asked to consider joining and/or supporting that organization.

Wild one
12-29-2019, 08:43 PM
With all due respect, I'm well enough versed in FN treaties and rights to ask for thoughts and comments on such from an organization/individual that claims to have my interests at heart, when I am, as a resident hunter in BC, being asked to consider joining and/or supporting that organization.

I understand and you definitely have the right to ask

Just remember any hunting org that takes a stance that many hunters would like to hear publicly on an open forum is shooting them selves in the foot when it comes to building relationships to have influence involving govt. F ing politics suck

Ourea
12-29-2019, 08:58 PM
I’m with all previous posters asking for transparency. Any business deals I’ve had have been on merit and due diligence. Once the who, what and why are answered truthfully, only then will the majority step up to the plate with support. Too many times have we been fooled over the past few years and I for one am leery and gun shy.

Great post and demonstrates a experienced perspective.

If you cant answer, "who, what, why, how, when"...some folks radar goes off.

I respect anyone that steps up. If you step up simply have your ducks in a row and ensure you can sell the "who, what, why, how, when".

Bugle M In
12-29-2019, 09:41 PM
All I know is, I want an Org that represents Resident Hunters at the table, to deal with big issues like lack of funding.
Getting the Ministry to go back to science and do things like Pred culls if the science is there.
Work with the FN and such to make sure we have a model that we can all work around and protect each others rights etc.

What I don't want is an Org that strats to take stances on, "we support the bait ban" or "we support 4 pt only" stand.
Basically just trying to Regulate other hunters.
We have enough of that already with dismal results.

We just need Hunter Representation that supports all facets, all types of hunting and who main mandate is to make sure others at the table,
especially the government, are living up to their side of the deal.
Which has been the biggest problem for years!

browningboy
12-30-2019, 12:49 AM
Feel bad for Rob U, poor guy is trying to create a advocacy group to stand up for hunters and just gets shiet on here? With this mindset hunters will be doomed, easy to say they can fall in a barrel of tittays and come out sucking their thumb!

Piperdown
12-30-2019, 06:54 AM
Where is Rob, i see he has been online since many here have asked questions, maybe buying more ducks to put in line!!

338win mag
12-30-2019, 07:50 AM
Where is Rob, i see he has been online since many here have asked questions, maybe buying more ducks to put in line!!
Lets give him a chance, he stepped up and did what he said he was going to do.

Wild one
12-30-2019, 08:14 AM
One thing BC hunters need to start realizing is in a lot of provinces and states there is more active hunting orgs then you find in BC. This does not dilute the voice of hunters but instead creates more people representing hunting in the prov/state. They don’t all need to be representing the same styles of hunting or views.

The “There can only be one” attitude regarding hunting orgs in BC has a very negative effect limiting your number of speakers and leaving aspects of hunting poorly represented. It also leaves BC hunters very open to individual pushing personal agendas. The odds of a hunting org coming along that represents all hunters is truly a pipe dream

Support who you feel represents your views is the best way to go. I already seen BC screw up attacking SCI limiting its growth. They have done more world wide for hunting then any org in BC yet it was attacked similar to how this new org is now

Might be time to start re thinking the one org to represent all mentality

Ride Red
12-30-2019, 08:45 AM
One thing BC hunters need to start realizing is in a lot of provinces and states there is more active hunting orgs then you find in BC. This does not dilute the voice of hunters but instead creates more people representing hunting in the prov/state. They don’t all need to be representing the same styles of hunting or views.

The “There can only be one” attitude regarding hunting orgs in BC has a very negative effect limiting your number of speakers and leaving aspects of hunting poorly represented. It also leaves BC hunters very open to individual pushing personal agendas. The odds of a hunting org coming along that represents all hunters is truly a pipe dream

Support who you feel represents your views is the best way to go. I already seen BC screw up attacking SCI limiting its growth. They have done more world wide for hunting then any org in BC yet it was attacked similar to how this new org is now

Might be time to start re thinking the one org to represent all mentality

I hear what you’re saying and have zero issues with more groups supporting the sport we love, but there still needs to be commonality and transparency.

adriaticum
12-30-2019, 09:55 AM
I love it when someone tries to solve a problem and then asks "Where is our government?"

Ride Red
12-30-2019, 11:07 AM
I love it when someone tries to solve a problem and then asks "Where is our government?"

They’re right behind us given it to us in the a** as usual. ☹️☹️☹️

Wild one
12-30-2019, 11:29 AM
I hear what you’re saying and have zero issues with more groups supporting the sport we love, but there still needs to be commonality and transparency.

I agree and someone can’t expect support without it. In this case there was contact info given even though some are expecting everything on open forum. I do understand people would rather have easy access to some of the information requested and would probably benefit this new org to have at least who is spearheading this on their web page

Definitely better ways to go about things

RobU
12-30-2019, 11:33 AM
Hi. Sorry everyone. Been busy too.
meeting today. I will feel comfortable giving answers to some questions when the others are versed on the questions as well. I cannot sit here and answer fully for just myself. 10 great individuals from different parts of BC. Names to follow.
Stance on FN is a very loaded question with zero easy answers and will be addressed today as well. This is also on the website. Our mission statement is very clear with no hidden agendas. Conservation and wildlife must come first. An open minded approach to FN issues is the only way to move forward, this will be dialed in as we grow. Quality management? Responsible management, forward thinking management? A remodeling of our current management policies must happen. Not just in hunting but all levels. A quick flight over BC or an hour on google earth can quickly reveal where so much has gone wrong. We will be discussing the proposed regulation changes today as well and submit our own recommendations for what they’re worth. PHTAT will be the ones in the drivers seat on that one. We expect lumps and bumps along the way and won’t blink an eye. It part of the process. We will always support all predator control and initiate educational programs to help those interested. I’d like to see better policies on dormant traplines where these unused lines can be put to better use. I see a real surge in folks wanting to do their part.
I hope this helps and I’ll be happy to answer pms, emails, calls and texts when I can. Interesting fact that I’m sure some of you know. Hunters are 1.6 % of the BC population. We will really need to focus on certain issues and allow the 98.4% a chance to understand and recognize the need for funding and real government responses. Hunting generates close to 400million dollars in this province annually plus 2000 + jobs. A great return for a government that invests as little as possible into wildlife.

fearnodeer
12-30-2019, 11:39 AM
Well this is a new group and I am sure it will take them some time to figure out how to run things as well as how to answer all the questions, Question for all on here how many of you are involved in helping out ?

LBM
12-30-2019, 11:47 AM
Hi. Sorry everyone. Been busy too.
meeting today. I will feel comfortable giving answers to some questions when the others are versed on the questions as well. I cannot sit here and answer fully for just myself. 10 great individuals from different parts of BC. Names to follow.
Stance on FN is a very loaded question with zero easy answers and will be addressed today as well. This is also on the website. Our mission statement is very clear with no hidden agendas. Conservation and wildlife must come first. An open minded approach to FN issues is the only way to move forward, this will be dialed in as we grow. Quality management? Responsible management, forward thinking management? A remodeling of our current management policies must happen. Not just in hunting but all levels. A quick flight over BC or an hour on google earth can quickly reveal where so much has gone wrong. We will be discussing the proposed regulation changes today as well and submit our own recommendations for what they’re worth. PHTAT will be the ones in the drivers seat on that one. We expect lumps and bumps along the way and won’t blink an eye. It part of the process. We will always support all predator control and initiate educational programs to help those interested. I’d like to see better policies on dormant traplines where these unused lines can be put to better use. I see a real surge in folks wanting to do their part.
I hope this helps and I’ll be happy to answer pms, emails, calls and texts when I can. Interesting fact that I’m sure some of you know. Hunters are 1.6 % of the BC population. We will really need to focus on certain issues and allow the 98.4% a chance to understand and recognize the need for funding and real government responses. Hunting generates close to 400million dollars in this province annually plus 2000 + jobs. A great return for a government that invests as little as possible into wildlife.

Will wait for the list to follow to decide but from you have wrote here although some thoughts may be on the right way doesn't sound like it has my vote yet, will stick with WSF.

RobU
12-30-2019, 11:50 AM
Just read more questions. Getting caught up. In no particular order.
Ted Bocking
Robin Unrau
Dave Ryder
Terry Halleran
Brett Kryski
Amberlee Ficociello
Shane Brady
Dean Trumbley
Doug Palmer

to name a few. We all have different hunting styles. We are well versed in predator hunting with some of the group still very active predator hunters and trappers.

Mission Statement and goals plus much more on the website. If replies are slow apologies as not one of us is doing this as a full time job. Myself I have 2 jobs. Just a hard Workin, tax payin, hunting loving blue collar guy. I’ll try harder to stay on top of this thread.
I will update as we set things in stone. Keep in mind this is early stages. Not asking for anything. Thoughts, comments, constructive criticism. Can we make every hunter in bc happy? You already know that answer. We are a diverse bunch.
Robin

RobU
12-30-2019, 11:56 AM
We’re definitely not asking anyone to switch their beliefs and support. But asking the question...are we doing enough to make things better. I’m still a supporting member of 2 other orgs and will not stop that.

Bugle M In
12-30-2019, 12:35 PM
Well Robin,

I think if the Group can stay "focused" on the BIG ISSUES that have been the largest detriment for many decades now, then I see working.
If it becomes driven by smaller agendas (an issue that appears to plague the BCWF now), then it will be a tough go.
I think there are many hunters in BC that feel they no longer have a voice, long believed to be carried in the words of the BCWF until reality
set in after the GOABC issues, and many realized we as hunters, were mute.

A voice that starts telling others, like in government that many of our current issues are due to neglect for decades from many things outside
the hunting community is long overdue or has fallen on deaf ears.
Things like educating hunters in hunting tactic and ethics is all good too.
Never hurts to look at ourselves from time to time either.

Wentrot
12-30-2019, 01:16 PM
The way Shane Brady portrays himself on some fb groups will turn a lot of people. He is on one heck of a high horse and has cut far to many guys down for taking animals he feels they shouldn’t be. Younger bucks, antlerless deer etc.

I am very concerned his main agenda will be toward further restricting hunters.

adriaticum
12-30-2019, 01:32 PM
Terry Halleran, I thought he worked for Raincoast.

HighCountryBC
12-30-2019, 01:45 PM
The way Shane Brady portrays himself on some fb groups will turn a lot of people. He is on one heck of a high horse and has cut far to many guys down for taking animals he feels they shouldn’t be. Younger bucks, antlerless deer etc.

I would say this is a very accurate assessment.

Bugle M In
12-30-2019, 01:57 PM

Well, off to FB and a few more emails I go.

Ourea
12-30-2019, 03:01 PM
There is endless data on regulations being so far down the list as an effective management tool for wildlife.
There are numerous examples of wildlife that have no valid season and are suffering the same downturn as hunted populations.

If any group is proposing a regulation based platform as a key driver to wildlife recovery, I don’t know what to say.
We have had decades of this dance with little to no impact on conservation.
Such a platform is dead on arrival for anyone that has a handle on wildlife challenges IMO.

Trying to manage hunters into the ground with proven ineffective and endless regulation changes is not a solution.

I am like most and will wait to see the resumes on their team, proven track records etc.
Mission statement would be another start, not something vague.

If any group forms an organization and asks for money they simply have to provide a concise business model, who will run it, where our money would go. If these basic questions can’t be answered out of the gate it will be tough sledding

338win mag
12-30-2019, 06:52 PM
I am not into anymore regulation for resident hunters, period.

180grainer
12-30-2019, 07:00 PM
I'd like to see a dedicated thread for your organization. We have one for the BCWF that doesn't consider itself "hunter" based, (and I no longer know what they are or what they stand for) so why not you guys? Lets see if you can get a snow ball growing. Tell us what you're doing, when and where you're doing it, and lets see who shows up.

fearnodeer
12-30-2019, 08:04 PM
I'd like to see a dedicated thread for your organization. We have one for the BCWF that doesn't consider itself "hunter" based, (and I no longer know what they are or what they stand for) so why not you guys? Lets see if you can get a snow ball growing. Tell us what you're doing, when and where you're doing it, and lets see who shows up.

Show up for a meeting or 2 and find out.

Ourea
12-30-2019, 08:16 PM
Show up for a meeting or 2 and find out.

fearnodeer, some basic questions are being asked.
Not a stretch to see some of them answered.
Folks are being asked for 2 things.
1) Their money
2) Their support

Gotta define the "who, how, where, what, when", if someone is selling something and expect a cheque

REMINGTON JIM
12-30-2019, 08:19 PM
http://www.triggereffect.tv/ Is the Dean T you speak off and wheres his partner Kent M ? :-) RJ

Wentrot
12-30-2019, 09:25 PM
Dave Ryder is also posting about certain hunting seasons being the reason for our current wildlife situation. Starting to see quite the trend on the motives here.

HighCountryBC
12-30-2019, 10:24 PM
Dave Ryder is also posting about certain hunting seasons being the reason for our current wildlife situation. Starting to see quite the trend on the motives here.

Appears to be a common theme.

Slapping more regulations on hunters hasn’t worked for 30 years but why not keep trying eh!?

338win mag
12-31-2019, 06:41 AM
Appears to be a common theme.

Slapping more regulations on hunters hasn’t worked for 30 years but why not keep trying eh!?
All more regulation did was dig us a deeper hole.

Stone Sheep Steve
12-31-2019, 07:39 AM

Completely agree with you on this one. He may be a great hunter but his poisonous attitude and lack of basic wildlife biology and management will sink this new ship that is trying to sail.

It would appear that this new group is attempting to rely on hunting regulations to change the downward trend in wildlife populations.

And from our FB conversations Robin, it seems like you don’t realize that our wildlife managers are woefully underfunded. Regulations are cheap and easy to change, right?

Seems this group is lacking its 30,000 view.

I’m 100% NOT supporting this group.

SSS

Wild one
12-31-2019, 07:57 AM
Sounds like some valid reasons are coming up for why some will not support this group

Now out of curiosity from these same people who do you presently support or recommend?

Piperdown
12-31-2019, 08:02 AM
Hey Rob thanks for the names, but there is nothing beside them as in biology degree, Bsc, environmental engineering etc, or any kind of education other than being an equipment operator. I don't think i am into supporting a group that seems to be tied to guiding either.

338win mag
12-31-2019, 08:07 AM
Peel back a few layers....if I have to watch my six then I won't be joining any hunting groups.

Wentrot
12-31-2019, 08:34 AM
Sounds like some valid reasons are coming up for why some will not support this group

Now out of curiosity from these same people who do you presently support or recommend?

Wild Sheep Society

Wild one
12-31-2019, 08:43 AM
Wild Sheep Society

probably the most respected in BC

HighCountryBC
12-31-2019, 08:47 AM
Completely agree with you on this one. He may be a great hunter but his poisonous attitude and lack of basic wildlife biology and management will sink this new ship that is trying to sail.

It would appear that this new group is attempting to rely on hunting regulations to change the downward trend in wildlife populations.

And from our FB conversations Robin, it seems like you don’t realize that our wildlife managers are woefully underfunded. Regulations are cheap and easy to change, right?

Seems this group is lacking its 30,000 view.

I’m 100% NOT supporting this group.

SSS

This is what my interactions with those individuals has been like as well. Judging by the amateurish petitions they've been passing around, their main reason for starting this group seems to be centred around the whitetail antlerless and October any buck seasons. Thanks, but no thanks.

Groups like WSSBC and 1Campfire will continue to have my support.

Wild one
12-31-2019, 08:59 AM
This is what my interactions with those individuals has been like as well. Judging by the amateurish petitions they've been passing around, their main reason for starting this group seems to be centred around the whitetail antlerless and October any buck seasons. Thanks, but no thanks.

Could you post these petitions put out by this new org?

Definitely something that I would not support but curious about the theory behind it and if it’s individuals from this new org or back by the org it’s self

If this is the approach they are taking it is not the answer

Bugle M In
12-31-2019, 09:25 AM
Wild Sheep Society

Okay, I totally understand supporting the WSS.
What they do, and what they bring is fantastic.
Definitely support their goals.

BUT, remember everyone, they are a "SHEEP" Society made up of hunters, but they aren't in a "real" position to be a BC Hunters
Representation.
REMEBER, this is the same problem with the BCWF.
The "W" stands for WILDLIFE.

After that whole GOABC Allocation Issue, the end result wasn't that everyone was pissed with the GO's AS MUCH AS, everyone
finally figured out the BCWF could NOT be a faction that represents HUNTER ONLY.
BCWF never said that publicly, but rather allowed hunters to "assume" that the BCWF was directly involved in hunter support.
When that whole issue went down, we had "0" representation at the table that went behind closed doors.
That was basically the beginning of the end of BCWF.
Last I heard, membership is tanking for them now.

WSS is great, but at some point we need a group that stands for hunters in BC that are working at pushing the Ministry/Governent for things
like more funding, implement the science behind many of the studies sitting on the shelf, to start supporting proper management
like the Wolf Cull and really starting to protect Winter Range etc.

TJHE BIG ISSUES.
Not more, if we do this with the season, or implement that reg in the season, it will be "oh so much better bs".
It wont!
Just supporting a couple of individuals who want Regs a certain way.
And the Big Issues lay dormant.

Why is it so Frickin hard to set up a Org, or better yet, an ASSOCIATION, like the GOABC???
But with direction towards the big issues only that are really causing all the problems.
We need the Government to start supporting hunting in BC.
We need the Funding!
That's the "FIRST PRIORITY"....isn't it???????

Man, am I getting frustrated....not even 8:30 am and I feel like pouring a drink over all this BS.

Would Rather Be Fishing
12-31-2019, 09:50 AM
Okay, I totally understand supporting the WSS.
Man, am I getting frustrated....not even 8:30 am and I feel like pouring a drink over all this BS.

I realize ho frustrating this must be. I feel for you. You did do more than most people, including myself, have done, by putting actions behind your words. I do tip my hat to that.

i agree with a previous poster that more organizations in general equal more voices and hence are - overall - a good thing. So PLEASE - don't take what I am about to say as me trying to dis your efforts. I am not!

You do say "We want the government to support hunting/funding, and that is "the" first priority". To be fair, there is, IMHO, a huge difference between "This is MY first priority", or "I think this SHOULD be first priority" (and if you agree join me) and saying "This should be every hunters first priority" (raise finger and get on a soap box).

This is a complex issue, and you taking on one single part of it (changing the Government to support hunting?) is great. It should be ok (and not frustrating) if others say "This is not MY first priority, sorry" What about "Changing the Publics Perception" like "1 Campfire"? That's pretty important, right? Is this really less important or less of a priority than what you are trying to do? Not sure?

Bugle M In
12-31-2019, 10:00 AM
ATTENTION EVERYONE:

Here I just stated on my last post WSS is a great Org.
WELL< HOLD ON, just read this on another thread.
Think everyone should read it!!!!

If this post is true, WSS just blew not one, but both their feet off in a second!!!!!

POST #6: http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?155900-Proposed-scope-ban-and-other-regulation-changes-GET-INVOLVED

Wild one
12-31-2019, 10:14 AM
Every single hunting org will vote in favour of some form of restrictions it just varies from hunting methods, access restrictions, a season or LEH

BC will continue to see more restrictions in the future. BC still to this day offers some of the most liberal and least restrictive opportunities in North America.

adriaticum
12-31-2019, 10:18 AM

The reason for your frustration has been clear to me for years and I have stated it on numerous occasions.
I don't think anyone is hearing me.

With the advent of all these social media pages hunting community has been fragmented to a point beyond repair IMO.
Every time someone doesn't agree with someone and the conversations get heated some people just can't control their tempers and some can't see the big picture.

The admins of these social media sites, including HBC to a degree, have created this problem by banning people from their sites, just because they can.
The attitude is that it's a private site and I have control so I can have anyone I want to because I think they are an asshole.
Then these banned individuals go and create another page, take their supporters with them and we keep fragmenting more and more.
What this attitude has created is that now there are hundreds of hunting sites, hundreds of people with grudges against other people.
We are right where the antis want us to be.
Yet 10 or more years ago, there was only HuntingBC.ca.
Now there is 300 different sites.
Everyone who didn't agree with something, or was banned by someone created their own page.
Just think about the people who are no longer on this site and I can think of many and are important and have tons to contribute.
(Good to see dana is back)

I know several admins on many of these sites and some like pink Cadillacs, some blue Fords and red Chevys but at the end of the day they all want the same thing.
Continuation of our hunting heritage.

People need to think beyond their personal grudges and opinions and think about the big picture and unification of hunters in this province.
Otherwise we will keep fragmenting and will drive our hunting heritage to oblivion.

It's better to have a fist fight one on one, than pull a gun and shoot somebody because you can't go back from that.

Bugle M In
12-31-2019, 10:27 AM
Every single hunting org will vote in favour of some form of restrictions it just varies from hunting methods, access restrictions, a season or LEH

BC will continue to see more restrictions in the future. BC still to this day offers some of the most liberal and least restrictive opportunities in North America.

I know you have made the statement in the past that maybe we need a bunch of little Org, representing separate issues in BC.
I have to be honest, I think that is why it is all messed up in BC.

The more I talk to different people, listen to them.
They talk about this R&G club wants this and that R&G club wants that.
Then you have WSS going this way, the GOABC going that way, BCWF going...well, who knows where they are going?, you have the Bow
folks going another way.

THATS A BIG PROBLEM!!!

I am president of a strata (I don't want to be but had no choice, everything was messed up and was asked to take over).
The Council can operate with "up to 7 members"
Guess what???:
Noting got done, too many chefs in the pot!

Now, I got it down to the "minimum" of 3 on council.
NOW, shit gets done!
1 calls the shots, the other 2 either agree or disagree.
You can guess who calls the shots:mrgreen:

An you know what, all the owners are happy!
So happy, I barely have enough of then]m show up at the yearly AGM.
WHY....because things are working!
IF there were issues, the AGM would be a full house.
That's how I know I am still on the right direction.

LESS IS MORE!

IronNoggin
12-31-2019, 10:51 AM
ATTENTION EVERYONE:

Here I just stated on my last post WSS is a great Org.
WELL< HOLD ON, just read this on another thread.
Think everyone should read it!!!!

If this post is true, WSS just blew not one, but both their feet off in a second!!!!!

POST #6: http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?155900-Proposed-scope-ban-and-other-regulation-changes-GET-INVOLVED

I'd suggest holding off on the witch hunt here for just a little spell.
I have heard a somewhat different version of what went down in that regard.
Reaching out now to determine when their statement in this regard will be released...

Nog

Wild one
12-31-2019, 10:54 AM
I will have to disagree for the fact the hunting community is very diverse and it is virtually impossible for one organization to represent the hunting as a whole. The fact of the matter is there is conflicting interests and visions amongst the hunting community because people hunt for many different reasons with different goals. This is something that people need to realize there is no one size fits all. This is why I have said it many times over the years that B.C. hunters need to learn to have give and take within the hunting community if there is any hope of ever achieving some form of unity

To have any form of unity there will need to be healthy debate amongst people representing the different forms of hunters within the hunting community. There also needs to be a realization that effort to compromise so the different from’s of hunting are promoted. This is not happening in B.C.

Easy to have an org that strictly focuses of wildlife but as soon as hunter management/opportunity comes into play that is where things go to hell

Bugle M In
12-31-2019, 11:24 AM
I will have to disagree for the fact the hunting community is very diverse and it is virtually impossible for one organization to represent the hunting as a whole. The fact of the matter is there is conflicting interests and visions amongst the hunting community because people hunt for many different reasons with different goals. This is something that people need to realize there is no one size fits all. This is why I have said it many times over the years that B.C. hunters need to learn to have give and take within the hunting community if there is any hope of ever achieving some form of unity

To have any form of unity there will need to be healthy debate amongst people representing the different forms of hunters within the hunting community. There also needs to be a realization that effort to compromise so the different from’s of hunting are promoted. This is not happening in B.C.

Easy to have an org that strictly focuses of wildlife but as soon as hunter management/opportunity comes into play that is where things go to hell
Exactly!
I agree, many different interests.
That's the big problem, but it is a real problem.
These folks need to get it thru their heads that they need to focus on big issues and drop their little private interests.
That's why I say, too many folks, too many opinions, and sweet F'all comes from it.
Well, not exactly, a ton of BS garbage is usually the result.
The evidence is in the pudding that many of us see year after year.

Bugle M In
12-31-2019, 11:25 AM
I'd suggest holding off on the witch hunt here for just a little spell.
I have heard a somewhat different version of what went down in that regard.
Reaching out now to determine when their statement in this regard will be released...

Nog

Fair enough, I wasn't really on a witch hunt, I just saw the post and went WTF?
That's why I posted it for more to see to get the "real deal" to whether it is true or false.
I will wait.

Wild one
12-31-2019, 12:23 PM
Exactly!
I agree, many different interests.
That's the big problem, but it is a real problem.
These folks need to get it thru their heads that they need to focus on big issues and drop their little private interests.
That's why I say, too many folks, too many opinions, and sweet F'all comes from it.
Well, not exactly, a ton of BS garbage is usually the result.
The evidence is in the pudding that many of us see year after year.

Missing the point “these folks” are hunters and there opinions are just as equal as yours. Their right to have input is just as important as yours. There is no form of hunter who’s opinion is more valuable then another. You are a private interest group just like all others

Why should they respect your position, defend your rights, and stand there and except everything to be your way? When you basically say “well everything should be this way and your way doesn’t matter” you are creating opposition not allies.

If we are really getting into it “science based management” is no more then managing wildlife populations with the goal of a predetermined heard make up and population goal. Lots of different forms of “ science based management” . Management is not about creating a natural healthy wildlife populations. Really hunting is only a factor in population control or reduction.

This is why it’s way more complicated then most realize

LuckyHorseshoe
12-31-2019, 01:35 PM
Maybe one of the key reasons wssbc is successful, is that they generally focus on one species. That is a lot of time and effort dedicated to sheep alone. Not to get off topic here because I commend these guys on acting upon their beliefs instead of just bitching like a lot of us do.

Everyone in this province does have different views and we also tend to be more passionate about certain species. Maybe we need to take a page from wssbc and support groups dedicated to specific species. There is such a vast amount of issues at hand, how do you narrow it down? Maybe we need groups to take the government to task over deer,moose,upland game,elk etc individually and specifically like they do with sheep. Maybe we need voices to speak for the species and not for hunters as a group, as we have too many individual priorities.

Bugle M In
12-31-2019, 02:12 PM
Missing the point “these folks” are hunters and there opinions are just as equal as yours. Their right to have input is just as important as yours. There is no form of hunter who’s opinion is more valuable then another. You are a private interest group just like all others

Why should they respect your position, defend your rights, and stand there and except everything to be your way? When you basically say “well everything should be this way and your way doesn’t matter” you are creating opposition not allies.

If we are really getting into it “science based management” is no more then managing wildlife populations with the goal of a predetermined heard make up and population goal. Lots of different forms of “ science based management” . Management is not about creating a natural healthy wildlife populations. Really hunting is only a factor in population control or reduction.

This is why it’s way more complicated then most realize

I am fully aware of that and what you say is totally true.
But at some point, these folks with their personal interests, are kind of missing the boat.
They are all trying to steer it this way or that way, as you say, based on "their opinion".
But, they haven't figured out that the "rudder fell off" a long time ago.
The ship is just aimlessly driving in circles.

So, lets figure this out.
What is 2 or 3 of the biggest issues to why things aren't getting done, or not done well enough to achieve success.
To me, it's no government support.
Still don't have appropriate funding.
Without that, nothing is going to work (example was NASA, brains alone isn't enough...you need cash)

But instead of al these groups uniting for a common goal, and going after that first.
We still have guys thinking a change in the regs is best.
OR, they have no other option but to just come up with new regs. (which is where I think many are stuck at)

BUT, then there still are some, in all of these groups, or a tleast some, who are still trying to grow trophy size game.
Which is absurd when the big issue, imo, is just trying to grow enough game first.
Cant have big bucks without a decent population.
OR, you do where they are trying to steer it, by limiting to such a degree that only a few at a time can go hunt the few that remain,
in hopes that there is less hunting to let a buck grow huge (sort of that philosophy).

And that is my big concern.
And yes, like you, it too have thoughts on what works and what doesn't.
But I know it "doesn't matter" at this point, because even if implemented, it wouldn't work due to the big factors not being in the equation.

It's a mess, and I talk to a lot of folks outside of HBC that say the same damn thing.

All these groups have to put personal agendas aside, work on some factors that will help them achieve those goals some day down the road.
But right now, there stuck in the mud, still trying to punch the accelerator and just digging a deeper hole.

As I stated, they are now steering us into the "Era of the BAN".

Ourea
12-31-2019, 02:21 PM
^^^^^
Some valid thoughts LuckyHorshoe.

Specific to this thread, any new organization will need to have folks with credibility or working relationships with Gov and industry.
You are attempting to wag an awfully big dog with a very small tail.

You have to understand and appreciate that hunters are just one of dozens and dozens of groups that have passionate concerns about their issue.
The challenge with the wildlife crusade is you are also up against major industry, the province's economic backbone.

Having a passionate idea without a solid plan is no different than having a ladder with no steps.......it gets you nowhere.

RobU
12-31-2019, 02:59 PM
Hi everyone. I should point out. Hunters for bc has not put out a single petition. Petitions come and go on all the forums by different individuals. People are free to do as they wish with any given petition. I’ve seen many petitions in past months and I do question their effectiveness. People are free to express their views in the working group. These views do not necessarily mean we agree and or endorse them. It is a workshop designed to encourage open thinking without ridicule or bullying. I urge everyone not to read too deeply into workshop posts. As there is currently no paid membership we like to see a cross section of thoughts from hunters around the province. A correction on one of my previous posts. I was wrong to include Doug Palmer in the list of names. I will also repeat that we are not encouraging people to discontinue their current involvement and memberships. That is not the goal here.
Robin.

Wild one
12-31-2019, 03:03 PM
Hi everyone. I should point out. Hunters for bc has not put out a single petition. Petitions come and go on all the forums by different individuals. People are free to do as they wish with any given petition. I’ve seen many petitions in past months and I do question their effectiveness. People are free to express their views in the working group. These views do not necessarily mean we agree and or endorse them. It is a workshop designed to encourage open thinking without ridicule or bullying. I urge everyone not to read too deeply into workshop posts. As there is currently no paid membership we like to see a cross section of thoughts from hunters around the province. A correction on one of my previous posts. I was wrong to include Doug Palmer in the list of names. I will also repeat that we are not encouraging people to discontinue their current involvement and memberships. That is not the goal here.
Robin.

Thanks for clarification that there is not a petition backed by your organization

RobU
12-31-2019, 04:04 PM
Thanks for clarification that there is not a petition backed by your organization
Zero petitions.
zero personal agendas.
zero hidden initiatives.
I understand everyone’s caution. I’m the same way.
This is grass roots. No frills. No gimmicks. No balloons. No banners.
just work.
I should also remind everyone as we’re small we will need to match our tasks with our size. Politics, alignment, alliances and the rest will come in time and we certainly do not expect instant welcomes and results. Roll up our sleeves and get to work. The organization structure and voting process is in place to keep the path. Also important is hunter input at this stage. Hunters will ultimately shape the structure and goals. Hoping this all helps and makes sense.
Robin.

Wentrot
12-31-2019, 04:56 PM
Zero petitions.
zero personal agendas.
zero hidden initiatives.
just work.
I should also remind everyone as we’re small we will need to match our tasks with our size. Politics, alignment, alliances and the rest will come in time and we certainly do not expect instant welcomes and results. Roll up our sleeves and get to work. The organization structure and voting process is in place to keep the path. Also important is hunter input at this stage. Hunters will ultimately shape the structure and goals. Hoping this all helps and makes sense.
Robin.

so the views posted by some of the guys you listed about wanting to end antlerless seasons/any buck seasons are just words and nothing more? No intentions of fighting for more restrictions?

HighCountryBC
12-31-2019, 05:36 PM
Zero petitions.
zero personal agendas.
zero hidden initiatives.
just work.
Robin.

Rob, like I've mentioned before - I can throw my support behind anyone who truly has wildlife as their motivation and I do commend you guys on stepping up to the plate when 98% of hunters are extremely apathetic.

Your organization may not have put out any of those petitions but several of the members on your board have and a couple have openly stated on FB numerous times that their reason for getting this group up and running was to put an end to several seasons.

It's hard to ignore that.

Wild one
12-31-2019, 06:12 PM
Rob, like I've mentioned before - I can throw my support behind anyone who truly has wildlife as their motivation and I do commend you guys on stepping up to the plate when 98% of hunters are extremely apathetic.

Your organization may not have put out any of those petitions but several of the members on your board have a couple have openly stated on FB numerous times that their reason for getting this group up and running was to put an end to several seasons.

^^ If this is true and not what this new organization stands for a reconsideration of leadership might be in order

I hate to say it Rob but even with good intentions you maybe screwed with the reputation some of your team is creating.

RobU
12-31-2019, 06:54 PM
Dave Ryder is a moderator.
not a board member.
people can choose freely what they stand for. Just like on this site. Many don’t see things the same way. Probably the single biggest downfall of hunters.
seeing and understanding wildlife issues is very important. I’m assuming you must be regarding the petition about whitetail? That petition has been made available everywhere, not originated from the working group. There’s 80,000 armchair biologists in BC. I highly doubt the effectiveness of a change .org petition. I’m quite sure some of the people you all have issues with are able to be contacted so contact them. Simple. Holding me accountable for the personal actions of others is ridiculous. I’ve watched 30 years of mismanagement of the land, water and wildlife in this province with zero accountability but some of you sure find it easy to single out 1 person that I have zero control over. Interesting to say the least. There are 3 directors currently, we will need more. Maybe some of you? Complaining on a forum is much easier than actually doing something. One gets nothing done at all, the other is an effort to right the wrongs. So for those that are happy with what they see out there feel free to continue along the dead end road and I hope I’m not responsible for your actions too.

Wentrot
12-31-2019, 06:56 PM

Your organization may not have put out any of those petitions but several of the members on your board have and a couple have openly stated on FB numerous times that their reason for getting this group up and running was to put an end to several seasons.

This is exactly what has me so confused.

Wentrot
12-31-2019, 07:00 PM
Dave Ryder is a moderator.
not a board member.
people can choose freely what they stand for. Just like on this site. Many don’t see things the same way. Probably the single biggest downfall of hunters.
seeing and understanding wildlife issues is very important. I’m assuming you must be regarding the petition about whitetail? That petition has been made available everywhere, not originated from the working group. There’s 80,000 armchair biologists in BC. I highly doubt the effectiveness of a change .org petition. I’m quite sure some of the people you all have issues with are able to be contacted so contact them. Simple. Holding me accountable for the personal actions of others is ridiculous. I’ve watched 30 years of mismanagement of the land, water and wildlife in this province with zero accountability but some of you sure find it easy to single out 1 person that I have zero control over. Interesting to say the least. There are 3 directors currently, we will need more. Maybe some of you? Complaining on a forum is much easier than actually doing something. One gets nothing done at all, the other is an effort to right the wrongs. So for those that are happy with what they see out there feel free to continue along the dead end road and I hope I’m not responsible for your actions too.

A simple way to clear everything up is to just say whether this group is for or against more cuts to hunting seasons. No one is singling you out, people rightfully have questions because once again, people on that list you provided have very clearly stated what they want to see happen.

RobU
12-31-2019, 08:01 PM
A simple way to clear everything up is to just say whether this group is for or against more cuts to hunting seasons. No one is singling you out, people rightfully have questions because once again, people on that list you provided have very clearly stated what they want to see happen.

great question. Why not just ask it instead of chipping away at people I cannot answer for.
before you all slaughter me. Take a minute to really understand the word conservation. Not just use it wherever it makes us happy.

opportunity is the most used and abused word in bc hunting today. People hide behind it like an invisible shield! Wait! What! I was promised opportunities! Haha!!
To me opportunity is not climbing a mountain with a gun and tag that has zero game... that’s just going for a walk with a gun. I feel opportunity is earned, not taken for granted.
A sound and viable management plan ensures healthy populations of big game. Healthy populations ensure hunter opportunities. Conservation must be considered throughout this process. If a species or multiple species reach populations low enough to warrant a closure, season cut back, bag limit reduction.... how can I believe in conservation and deny those restrictions. It’s impossible. Keeping the pedal to the metal on harvesting rapidly declining or low populations does not make sense in the name of conservation. Of course we can all recognize and appreciate the reasons for so many declines, but pointing fingers does not put the animals back on the mountain. We are all running in circles chasing the same parked cars.

Greenthumbed
12-31-2019, 08:51 PM
great question. Why not just ask it instead of chipping away at people I cannot answer for.
before you all slaughter me. Take a minute to really understand the word conservation. Not just use it wherever it makes us happy.

opportunity is the most used and abused word in bc hunting today. People hide behind it like an invisible shield! Wait! What! I was promised opportunities! Haha!!
To me opportunity is not climbing a mountain with a gun and tag that has zero game... that’s just going for a walk with a gun. I feel opportunity is earned, not taken for granted.
A sound and viable management plan ensures healthy populations of big game. Healthy populations ensure hunter opportunities. Conservation must be considered throughout this process. If a species or multiple species reach populations low enough to warrant a closure, season cut back, bag limit reduction.... how can I believe in conservation and deny those restrictions. It’s impossible. Keeping the pedal to the metal on harvesting rapidly declining or low populations does not make sense in the name of conservation. Of course we can all recognize and appreciate the reasons for so many declines, but pointing fingers does not put the animals back on the mountain. We are all running in circles chasing the same parked cars.
Well said, Robin. Thanks.

bearvalley
12-31-2019, 09:21 PM
Hey Rob thanks for the names, but there is nothing beside them as in biology degree, Bsc, environmental engineering etc, or any kind of education other than being an equipment operator. I don't think i am into supporting a group that seems to be tied to guiding either.

Wild Sheep Society

probably the most respected in BC

Here’s a question:
Piperdown made the statement that he won’t be supporting a group tied to guiding.
How much clout would the WSSBC have if the guiding industry dried up?
Theres a lot of funding directed to this province for wildlife projects from groups like SCI and the WSF.
Do you think BC would still see the international cash support we have rolling in now if those non resident guided hunters could not hunt here?

Onesock
12-31-2019, 09:41 PM
Well said Rob. Who the hell wants to shoot all the does.!!!

RobU
12-31-2019, 09:46 PM
Here’s a question:
Piperdown made the statement that he won’t be supporting a group tied to guiding.
Theres a lot of funding directed to this province for wildlife projects from groups like SCI and the WSF.
Do you think BC would still see the international cash support we have rolling in now if those non resident guided hunters could not hunt here?

i don’t see the need to alienate ourselves from the guiding industry. I guided for 8 years and was some of the best years of my life. I can truthfully say hunting in a well managed guiding area is some of the best hunting in bc. Hunting generates close to 400 million dollars per year and employs 2000 plus people. The guiding industry plays a huge part in these numbers. Numbers the government cannot dispute. We will all need to work hard to improve hunter image and the guiding industry is no exception. Piperdown is entitled to his decision. As we all are. We do need to be accountable for our actions and decisions....then we can surely hold the government responsible for theirs. The WSSBC does amazing work and I fully support their efforts. They do need our help and support plus our work to help the rest of BC’s wildlife from grouse to moose.
I sure don’t want to preach to the choir. There’s not 1 solution to our problems so we will have to address them one at a time and stay focused.
I thank everyone for their comments and i will take the good with the bad. It’s part of it.
Robin.

Ourea
12-31-2019, 10:08 PM
Here’s a question:

I understand the "clout" (more political than financial) that outfitters bring. And yes, definitely a big grain of sand on the scale.
So, you know i have helped on the guiding front and this is what I saw.
Hunter flies in on his private jet (great guy and a total piece of work)
Hunter is taken to camp.
Hunter kills.
Hunter flies out hrs after the kill.
Economic impact outside of guide fees...... next to zero.

Hunter put his pilots up in a hotel.
Hunter fueled his plane up here.
Took the hunter out for dinner...he paid.

So when someone states the impact of a hunt that someone paid 10's of thousands of dollars for as an economic driver......not reality.
That is a cloudy leverage statement at best.

Less than 5% of that hunt went into the local/provincial economy.
95+% went into the outfitter.
Do not sell economic impact as that is easily debunked.

Outfitters are an important part of hunting and its future here in BC due to their political leverage and contributions to protect their business model.
They are a key component, agreed.

Outfitters have political clout, that I fully understand.

bearvalley
12-31-2019, 10:23 PM
I understand the "clout" (more political than financial) that outfitters bring. And yes, definitely a big grain of sand on the scale.
So, you know i have helped on the guiding front and this is what I saw.
Hunter flies in on his private jet (great guy and a total piece of work)
Hunter is taken to camp.
Hunter kills.
Hunter flies out hrs after the kill.
Economic impact outside of guide fees...... next to zero.

Hunter put his pilots up in a hotel.
Hunter fueled his plane up here.
Took the hunter out for dinner...he paid.

So when someone states the impact of a hunt that someone paid 10's of thousands of dollars for as an economic driver......not reality.
That is a cloudy leverage statement at best.

Less than 5% of that hunt went into the local/provincial economy.
95+% went into the outfitter.
Do not sell economic impact as that is easily debunked.

Outfitters are an important part of hunting and its future here in BC due to their political leverage and contributions to protect their business model.
They are a key component, agreed.

Outfitters have political clout, that I fully understand.

And where does the outfitters 95% go.....it sure as hell doesn’t stay jammed in his pocket!

Deaddog
12-31-2019, 10:25 PM
If you look at the largest outfitters ie the ones in northern bc. The vast majority are born and bred long term bc residents. The dollars they make go directly back into B.C. , on top of that hundreds of thousands are raised by them to assist wildlife pops. Helps both the business and residents , good spinning support of status quo res mouth pieces, but reality is outfitters put more dollars into our way of life than we do in direct funds , with benefits for their business and res

Drillbit
01-01-2020, 02:26 AM
If you look at the largest outfitters ie the ones in northern bc. The vast majority are born and bred long term bc residents. The dollars they make go directly back into B.C. , on top of that hundreds of thousands are raised by them to assist wildlife pops. Helps both the business and residents , good spinning support of status quo res mouth pieces, but reality is outfitters put more dollars into our way of life than we do in direct funds , with benefits for their business and res

This.

Everyone is jealous of the "Guide"
I'm no guide, but it can't be cheap, doing what they do.

The guide is doing their best to keep the area management good, and spends profits locally. The better their area, the better the profit.

Resident hunters also need to realize they can hunt in guide areas too.

Wild one
01-01-2020, 07:01 AM
Here’s a question:

I have always seen that GOs are a contributing factor for both resources and political. I have made my position clears many times on the forum good honest GOs are a positive to the hunting community. Only one some GOs may not like I believe they should be Canadian owned and operated businesses

338win mag
01-01-2020, 07:50 AM
Serious question, how doe's this proposed hunting group differ from what we already have?

Ourea's funding model is the only real sensible idea I have seen/heard regarding building more game in the province.

RobU
01-01-2020, 08:52 AM
Serious question, how doe's this proposed hunting group differ from what we already have?

Ourea's funding model is the only real sensible idea I have seen/heard regarding building more game in the province.

When we started, we asked the same questions, and we are still asking hunters what they want and expect from an organization. Several items have repeatedly surfaced.
- inadequate resident hunter representation at all levels
-not enough hunters are involved
-why does the government not listen to hunter concerns
-how can hunters communicate more effectively and have a working relationship with
GOs, trappers, MLA s, FN and other clubs / organizations.
- we are trying to set out a platform for resident hunter voice. Network with the above mentioned. Offer help and support to the above mentioned when needed as a hunters who care about what’s going and wanting to make a difference. I need to point out although I do not have the numbers it’s known a small percentage of hunters in BC are actively involved for wildlife. Our intention is to reach out to hunters currently doing nothing, offer education on the real issues and encourage involvement with any group they choose as there are many. We hope to be a persistent thorn to government at all levels. Our wildlife needs their acknowledgement and much needed funding. Hunters pay dearly and are willing to pay more but want to see their dollars put to work for wildlife.
Different in many ways, some differences are obvious while some are subtle. The goal for all must be the same.....a better BC.

HarryToolips
01-01-2020, 10:24 AM
Zero petitions.
zero personal agendas.
zero hidden initiatives.
just work.
Robin.
I'm in.....as Ourea said, we will need working relationships with Gov and industry....I know you mentioned zero petitions but IMO, a good move by a new organization such as this would be to push govt for more funding, starting with all license revenue being put back into wildlife and habitat..this is a petition that I think should happen, and I think if spread on Facebook etc, we could also get a lot of support from the non hunting community (and it will demonstrate our passion for healthy wildlife populations)....

Ride Red
01-01-2020, 11:11 AM
I'm in.....as Ourea said, we will need working relationships with Gov and industry....I know you mentioned zero petitions but IMO, a good move by a new organization such as this would be to push govt for more funding, starting with all license revenue being put back into wildlife and habitat..this is a petition that I think should happen, and I think if spread on Facebook etc, we could also get a lot of support from the non hunting community (and it will demonstrate our passion for healthy wildlife populations)....

Getting the general public past the stigma that hunters want increased wildlife populations so they have more to shoot is a major hurdle that needs to be addressed. Showing our passion and commitment to wildlife and wild spaces gives us credibility and should relieve some of the “Me hunter neanderthal” comments we receive. Any and all advances need one thing; a major marketing campaign. Everything today that succeeds has come from very precise marketing which puts “the agenda” front and center. What will this require, #1 MONEY!!! With the right campaign and funding behind it I believe success will follow. Only then would you get any government to take notice and possibly increase funding as well. Not being pessimistic, but I don’t feel that anything but will create a difference. Dollars and numbers of membership will prevail.

RobU
01-01-2020, 12:30 PM

thank you. I very reluctantly joined face book. Kicking and screaming all the way. I was persuaded otherwise to ensure a vehicle to reach hunters. Social media can be extremely toxic and damaging to hunting and must be used wisely. There are many other sources we are considering to reach hunters in bc. WSSBC and GOABC have launched campaigns to help hunter image. I can’t comment because I simply don’t know how effective they have been.

Hope I haven’t come across as anti petition. If worded, and used correctly in the right format they can be very effective. I’ve been cautioned about petition overload as electronic petitions are very common. My comment on zero petitions states hunters for bc has not launched a petion. The petitions posted on the working group forum were imported from elsewhere for all to see and read. No matter our beliefs we should all lobby the govt for much more funding and placing the right people in the right positions to effectively reverse the current trends.

Ourea
01-01-2020, 12:56 PM
And where does the outfitters 95% go.....it sure as hell doesn’t stay jammed in his pocket!

BV, I am pro outfitter.
Their/your contributions are an important part of keeping wildlife on the political forefront.
Every business/industry has to invest in their future, outfitting is far from unique in this regard.
Business 101.
If you are not investing at least 10 to 20% of your turn back into your industry to protect your future guys are not carry their share.
The outfitting business model is truly unique, inventory is free, you do however have to make heavy investment elsewhere to float the boat.

Coming back to rob's thread.....
I think those in the know respect and understand the challenges in trying to make a difference in wildlife.
Rob is attempting to help, I respect that.

From some of my due diligence they're are some parts of this team that have been down right condescending and virtuous about their positions on condemning many aspects of regulation as they feel they know better. How do they know better is the question being asked. What are their credentials?
These are honest and open questions.
They need and should be answered.

HarryToolips
01-01-2020, 02:17 PM
thank you. I very reluctantly joined face book. Kicking and screaming all the way. I was persuaded otherwise to ensure a vehicle to reach hunters. Social media can be extremely toxic and damaging to hunting and must be used wisely. There are many other sources we are considering to reach hunters in bc. WSSBC and GOABC have launched campaigns to help hunter image. I can’t comment because I simply don’t know how effective they have been.

Hope I haven’t come across as anti petition. If worded, and used correctly in the right format they can be very effective. I’ve been cautioned about petition overload as electronic petitions are very common. My comment on zero petitions states hunters for bc has not launched a petion. The petitions posted on the working group forum were imported from elsewhere for all to see and read. No matter our beliefs we should all lobby the govt for much more funding and placing the right people in the right positions to effectively reverse the current trends.
You're welcome, and I agree...

RobU
01-01-2020, 03:36 PM
[QUOTE=Ourea;2142797]BV, I am pro outfitter.
Their/your contributions are an important part of keeping wildlife on the political forefront.
Every business/industry has to invest in their future, outfitting is far from unique in this regard.
Business 101.
If you are not investing at least 10 to 20% of your turn back into your industry to protect your future guys are not carry their share.
The outfitting business model is truly unique, inventory is free, you do however have to make heavy investment elsewhere to float the boat.

Coming back to rob's thread.....
I think those in the know respect and understand the challenges in trying to make a difference in wildlife.
Rob is attempting to help, I respect that.

From some of my due diligence they're are some parts of this team that have been down right condescending and virtuous about their positions on condemning many aspects of regulation as they feel they know better. How do they know better is the question being asked. What are their credentials?
These are honest and open questions.
They need to be answered.

we are team building and will be asking for all kinds of help in the near future.
One team member is a retired BC biologist and can be relied upon to help with many important issues. I respect his knowledge, experience and positive attitude. A huge asset in my eyes. Many more good people with varying strengths and weaknesses are needed to be effective.
I am admittedly nothing special. Passionate yes. Bush smart yes. Lifetime resident hunter and student of the land yes. We will post our bios soon as this topic was discussed at last meeting 2 days ago. As more team members are added we will be sure to do the same. If anyone feels they have time, efforts and experience to add please step forward. I would be completely lying if I said we have all the answers and solutions to BCs problems in our back pocket.

RobU
01-01-2020, 03:47 PM
Above is a screw up from my big fat thumbs. My reply is with ourea’s post.

huntingfamily
01-01-2020, 06:09 PM
The 'hunters for bc' crew started a small splinter group off of the Hunting BC facebook group. I remember some posters being frustrated with people not supporting a personal ban on antlerless and smaller buck/bull hunting in BC. Even though it was lawful in the hunting regulations to do so. This is when the new group began.

There was a lot of ridicule and condemnation of anybody that attempted to say why they consider hunting of does and small bucks. There was a peer pressure factor to it. To me it was all about restricting hunter regulations, and subsequent hunter opportunity for older hunters and parents attempting
to help their kids experience the hunt and maybe even be successful. Practically anyone who doesn't hold out for 'the big one'.

They have since been marketing themselves on social media as the saviours to wildlife management in BC, primarily through more restrictive hunting regulations.

Unless I see more transparency in public communications, and suitable answers as to what exactly the agenda of the group has, I would not consider joining it.

I see the changes proposed by the BC government as a good way for all of us to have our say. Please ensure you do that prior to the January 17 deadline.

This is my opinion only.

Bugle M In
01-01-2020, 06:27 PM
Well, if you combine recent issues about the concerns about CWD, its going to get even more interesting and more heated about the
whole antlerless, young buck debate.

After all, one way to help spread it is to keep not only ban baiting, but keep herds thinned(population down).
Which means having a 4pt or no antlerless restriction a big no-no in the fight against cwd.

Round and round we go!!!!

RobU
01-01-2020, 07:01 PM
The 'hunters for bc' crew started a small splinter group off of the Hunting BC facebook group. I remember some posters being frustrated with people not supporting a personal ban on antlerless and smaller buck/bull hunting in BC. Even though it was lawful in the hunting regulations to do so. This is when the new group began.

There was a lot of ridicule and condemnation of anybody that attempted to say why they consider hunting of does and small bucks. There was a peer pressure factor to it. To me it was all about restricting hunter regulations, and subsequent hunter opportunity for older hunters and parents attempting
to help their kids experience the hunt and maybe even be successful. Practically anyone who doesn't hold out for 'the big one'.

They have since been marketing themselves on social media as the saviours to wildlife management in BC, primarily through more restrictive hunting regulations.

Unless I see more transparency in public communications, and suitable answers as to what exactly the agenda of the group has, I would not consider joining it.

I see the changes proposed by the BC government as a good way for all of us to have our say. Please ensure you do that prior to the January 17 deadline.

This is my opinion only.

Sorry Hunting family. While your opinion is entertaining. It is dead wrong.
Robin

huntingfamily
01-01-2020, 07:12 PM
Sorry Hunting family. While your opinion is entertaining. It is dead wrong.
Robin

Please explain where I am wrong, for all to hear. While you're at it, please answer the questions that have been asked of your group.
I'm all ears...

RobU
01-01-2020, 07:32 PM
Please explain where I am wrong, for all to hear. While you're at it, please answer the questions that have been asked of your group.
I'm all ears...

honestly. I see nothing worth commenting on any further. While hunters for bc has a workshop forum on the Facebook forum. Nothing else is true. If there are individuals using multiple sites that’s their choice. If they support selective harvesting, also their choice. If your looking for reasons to not support, your choice. Simple. I’m not here to convince people what they should or shouldn’t hunt for. If it’s legal, knock yourself out. If you want opportunities, great! This is BC. There are plenty. Your comment about saviours of wildlife, you’re out to lunch. I can’t waste any more time on your opinion. But thank you.

huntingfamily
01-01-2020, 07:40 PM
Unfortunately for us, this is how you have chosen to respond. We need to hear what your agenda is that no other group has. In a public forum, not a personal phone call.
And I know what I have stated is correct. I'm willing to debate you here on every point I made.

Muliechaser
01-01-2020, 09:22 PM
They opened antlerless wt from leh to try and help mule deer .
Anybuck has had very long seasons in the past and is now only 4 weeks long .
Reducing hunter harvest will help numbers rebound (cwd aside ) of course have youth and 65+ seasons for antlerless and anybuck to make sure our hunters with a handicap ie young and elderly hunters have a better chance at cutting tags . For the rest of us that are able .. whats the problem with harvesting any wt buck and or a higher point restriction???

People are afraid to lose Their season there ability to "easily fill there freezer" ive noticed a trend in this . Numbers are down yet people still want liberal season?
Numbers are down and want liberal seasons and still complain there is no game ? It makes no sence . The "preds are eating all of our game so thats no good reason to take my season away and give me less of a chance"

Give me a break . As long as people keep argueing and getting angry etc you can bet your ass we wil lose opportunity much faster than you want . Unite . Or lose it all . Comprimise and see things for what they are . We are goinf to start losing opportunitys regarless . So stand up for the animals we can do our part to protect them and stil have opportunity if we get on it . .

HighCountryBC
01-01-2020, 09:50 PM
Muliechaser,

Here's one for you - How is it that at one time hunter numbers in BC were twice (yes, twice) what they are today, we had any mule deer buck for 3 months, GOS elk seasons 3pt or better to November 15 in R8, liberal seasons everywhere you looked and yet had booming ungulate numbers?

Simple - we had quality habitat and whacked predators. 30+ years of reducing seasons and pushing for regulation restrictions hasn't fixed a damn thing. We need to focus on making more wildlife. Continuing to divide up a shrinking pie is a waste of time but some people still refuse to see that.

hunter1947
01-02-2020, 03:36 AM
Muliechaser,

Here's one for you - How is it that at one time hunter numbers in BC were twice (yes, twice) what they are today, we had any mule deer buck for 3 months, GOS elk seasons 3pt or better to November 15 in R8, liberal seasons everywhere you looked and yet had booming ungulate numbers?

Simple - we had quality habitat and whacked predators. 30+ years of reducing seasons and pushing for regulation restrictions hasn't fixed a damn thing. We need to focus on making more wildlife. Continuing to divide up a shrinking pie is a waste of time but some people still refuse to see that.

I say that back road access is a big factor back in the day there were less roads to get into remote areas..

What we need is more road closures ,,example about 10 years ago the management opened up 4 road closures that had been closed for no use of motorized units..

I used to walk into these area and was good elk mule deer hunting since the management lifted this road clousher every tom dick and harry were in there slaughtering the elk deer.

I would not go into this area that was one of my favorite areas to hunt in fear that I might get a bullet into me there was people everywhere camps set up all over the place..

I did a drive through this area one week on the opening GOS to see how bad it was in remote areas the animals don't have as much fear to humans as they would if they were in
areas where there is road access the animals see you there gone,,I don't know why management lifted this closed road ban..

I will tell you that I was some steamed when I found out that this road clousher that had been closed for many years now was going to be accessed by quads and trucks etc..

Picture of me holding this bull elk rack 12 years ago in a road clousher I talked about

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/6_point_bull_elk.jpg

Muliechaser
01-02-2020, 07:06 AM
Muliechaser,

Yes and with twice the hunter numbers we had 10x less access . I remember my day bringing home some nice elk and mulies back in the 90s . Anyways .
We have 10x the access we did 50 years ago logging /development continued making access easyier and good habitat slowly disapear . Making it easyer for preds to travel. The contuation of this with hunting exuipment also advancing and mismanagment and you have our situation . As the years went by . Those "booming numbers slowly degraded to the point that it cannot sustain predatation ,winter kill and all other variables including hunter harvest without finally seeing a huge decline in animals .

IronNoggin
01-02-2020, 10:39 AM
... Your comment about saviours of wildlife, you’re out to lunch. I can’t waste any more time on your opinion. But thank you.

It is both the actions on Facebook of several of your "key players", and your own dismissive attitude towards anyone who questions you that have many here expressing caution regarding just what your group's agenda might be. Not hard to understand really, for actions in many cases really do speak louder than words. And when one's action counter what is being said, there is an obvious reason for concern.

When it comes to words however, you, their self-appointed spokesman, seem at no loss when it comes to belittling those who do not openly embrace your theories...

When I listed my queries, I did so politely and did note I have time for you to put those together.
I see though, that you have largely ignored my request, along with the requests from several others...

Perhaps coincidence, but it does remind me of when you were questioned as to just who "tasked" you with writing an article on CWD relating to British Columbia, and just where that might eventually appear if / when written. Then you actually went all Crickets on us...

Interesting read that particular thread btw: http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?150362-CWD-Update&highlight=Update

In it one can easily ascertain Bownut's position regarding baiting (among other issues) and Rob's reaction to being questioned by informed long term members here. I apparently am an "arsehole", a waste of his time (sound familiar?) , and obviously not a "real hunter with genuine interest and concerns for BC" . Silvertip is a "yappy little dog" who needs to learn to read. Ourea acts like a school girl (and was advised to Be a Man), has little buddies who like to snipe, and should spend his time watching Sesame Street rather than paying attention and expressing concern towards the ins and outs of BC's wildlife management concerns.

There's more, but methinks y'all get the gist. Unless some wondrous change has occurred (as in The Leopard changed his spots) I am not so certain I want this fellow "representing" me. Perhaps he can convince me by actually working on the transparency he noted, and addressing the many concerns and queries presented in this thread...

Perhaps https://www.tnof.ca/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/Maybe.jpg

Nog

Wentrot
01-02-2020, 11:06 AM
It is both the actions on Facebook of several of your "key players", and your own dismissive attitude towards anyone who questions you that have many here expressing caution regarding just what your group's agenda might be. Not hard to understand really, for actions in many cases really do speak louder than words. And when one's action counter what is being said, there is an obvious reason for concern.

When it comes to words however, you, their self-appointed spokesman, seem at no loss when it comes to belittling those who do not openly embrace your theories...

When I listed my queries, I did so politely and did note I have time for you to put those together.
I see though, that you have largely ignored my request, along with the requests from several others...

Perhaps coincidence, but it does remind me of when you were questioned as to just who "tasked" you with writing an article on CWD relating to British Columbia, and just where that might eventually appear if / when written. Then you actually went all Crickets on us...

Interesting read that particular thread btw: http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?150362-CWD-Update&highlight=Update

In it one can easily ascertain Bownut's position regarding baiting (among other issues) and Rob's reaction to being questioned by informed long term members here. I apparently am an "arsehole", a waste of his time (sound familiar?), and obviously not a "real hunter with genuine interest and concerns for BC" . Silvertip is a "yappy little dog" who needs to learn to read. Ourea acts like a school girl (and was advised to Be a Man), has little buddies who like to snipe, and should spend his time watching Sesame Street rather than paying attention and expressing concern towards the ins and outs of BC's wildlife management concerns.

There's more, but methinks y'all get the gist. Unless some wondrous change has occurred (as in The Leopard changed his spots) I am not so certain I want this fellow "representing" me. Perhaps he can convince me by actually working on the transparency he noted, and addressing the many concerns and queries presented in this thread...

Perhaps https://www.tnof.ca/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/Maybe.jpg

Nog

very well said, thanks

adriaticum
01-02-2020, 11:19 AM
jeebus, why can't we all just get along

RobU
01-02-2020, 12:44 PM
Unfortunately for us, this is how you have chosen to respond. We need to hear what your agenda is that no other group has. In a public forum, not a personal phone call.
And I know what I have stated is correct. I'm willing to debate you here on every point I made.

very sorry. Just won’t be drawn into a left wing / right wing argument. All your feedback has been passed along. Moderating and changes will be made as required. I cannot use my time for counterproductive he said she said arguing. I simply do not have enough spare time to make that happen. Please send us your concerns and feedback as well as it is all helpful.
I have also posted my contact information which definitely makes this much easier than a forum format of communication. As directors and committee share a wide variety of hunting styles and preferences, I cannot comment on which is best for wildlife. I can say for certain many are giving predators no room to breath.
Robin.

IronNoggin
01-02-2020, 12:55 PM
very sorry. Just won’t be drawn into a left wing / right wing argument....

No-one is asking for, nor suggesting anything of the kind!
More than a bit of a stretch to suggest they are. :roll:

So, in response to the queries and concerns...

Wondering...
Nog

bearvalley
01-02-2020, 01:04 PM
jeebus, why can't we all just get along

No kidding!
Hunters are like herding cats.
Then you have the shit disturbers that don’t hunt much, if at all, do not contribute any of their time to wildlife initiatives other than flex their muscles on here....and we sink.
What’s gone on in the past as far as our hunter representation has been a weak kneed shit show.
We need something new....and maybe Robs group is it.
Who gives a shit if Shane Brady is vocal on his thoughts.
At least he has some thought of his own....in the past the sheep have just followed their “flawless” leaders.
How has that worked out?

IronNoggin
01-02-2020, 01:23 PM
No kidding!
... What’s gone on in the past as far as our hunter representation has been a weak kneed shit show.
We need something new....and maybe Robs group is it...

Already given up on your Wildlife Stewardship Council Mike??
Seeking another way... already???

Speaking of which, you appear on their Member's List and I know you were actively involved with them in the past.
Why don't you ask them to answer just how they voted on many of the current hunting regulation proposals, which ones they supported and why? Seems they see fit to ignore anyone else's queries in this regard, blissfully thinking that they, in the end, will not be held accountable for their actions...

Cheers,
Nog- He who hunts more than most, contributes to many wildlife & fisheries initiatives, and detests spin doctors of all kinds... :wink:

RobU
01-02-2020, 01:36 PM
Trying to keep up here. Not easy. Not dismissive. Everything I read here is going straight to the others. Get it all out. I just simply cannot find time to address every comment whether good or bad. We are looking at both so don’t think in dismissing anything. Keep in mind I’m not only here on my time, I need to answer for the others as well. I won’t be painted into a corner. As for accusations of being elitist trophy hunters - wrong
As for the accusation of being anti family and youth - wrong we all have families and children.
The proposals for changes have been thoroughly read and talked about. Many are trivial and are not prescribed to help wildlife rebound. I almost think some of them are deliberately trying to keep hunters bickering amongst ourselves.
Robin.

sthdslayer
01-02-2020, 01:39 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/image.php?u=333443&dateline=1542764894 (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/member.php?333443-RobU)RobU (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/member.php?333443-RobU)
http://huntingbc.ca/forum/images/shades_of_green/statusicon/user-offline.png

"very sorry. Just won’t be drawn into a left wing / right wing argument. All your feedback has been passed along. Moderating and changes will be made as required. I cannot use my time for counterproductive he said she said arguing. I simply do not have enough spare time to make that happen. Please send us your concerns and feedback as well as it is all helpful.
I have also posted my contact information which definitely makes this much easier than a forum format of communication. As directors and committee share a wide variety of hunting styles and preferences, I cannot comment on which is best for wildlife. I can say for certain many are giving predators no room to breath.
Robin."

With respect you came here soliciting support for your organization. I am on the fence quite frankly I have read everything on your website on have concerns as an exampleHarvest Season vs Quality Hunting OpportunitiesIdentify High Pressure Hunting Areas
Your reluctance to address specifics has me concerned that your definition of a quality experience may lead to significant loss of opportunity because your groups definition of a Quality experience may differ from others.

I'm too old to blindly jump on a wagon without ensuring it is going in a direction I can support.

I strongly believe we need an advocate for hunters but it must be inclusive to all styles and expectations at this point I'm not sure your organization meets that requirement for me.

adriaticum
01-02-2020, 01:46 PM
No kidding!
Hunters are like herding cats.
Then you have the shit disturbers that don’t hunt much, if at all, do not contribute any of their time to wildlife initiatives other than flex their muscles on here....and we sink.
What’s gone on in the past as far as our hunter representation has been a weak kneed shit show.
We need something new....and maybe Robs group is it.
Who gives a shit if Shane Brady is vocal on his thoughts.
At least he has some....the sheep have followed their “flawless” leaders.
How has that worked out?

I think the problem is social media.
It just proves that communication is 60% non-verbal.
Most of us are not writers nor poets.
You need to be a writer to be able to relay your thoughts on paper (what this is).
I think I have always been considered a good communicator and can express myself well, but on social media I just can't relay jack scat to anyone.
I think my brain runs faster than my fingers. Can't get them in sync.

mpotzold
01-02-2020, 02:14 PM
Muliechaser,

Kudos to organizing HUNTERS FOR BC:smile:

I've been hunting in BC since '65 & yes there were many more hunters & the seasons much longer with fewer restrictions.
Still remember the good old days when hunters commonly displayed their harvested animals on their vehicles. LT(LOVER 308 ) & I showed off our 2 moose on top of my VW one year. :-P
We were very successful in hunting.

Then the Omineca model was introduced for moose in the early 80's by some think he knows it all dude & things went downhill thereafter.

Then other problems cropped up-
Again as I said many times before present game management means squat without the FN harvest report.
Night hunting must be stopped asap & indiscriminate year round, night & day slaughter must be curtailed.

Bear numbers must be drastically reduced.
They have been proven to be extremely efficient calf killers some killing dozens in the first few weeks.

Darksith
01-02-2020, 02:18 PM
To be fair, we don't need another non profit group. There are several that are already established. Join one, get on the board, get your buddies on the board, drive change in the established groups. having lots of little non profit conservation groups is just splintering things. If you don't like BCWF then join WSSBC. I think WSSBC is more a hunting and coservation group than BCWF, they are focused on the right things, and are supporting growing our social presence in a positive manner as well as working with BCWF. Lets increase these established organizations presence and help drive the messages we want.

1Campfire is a directive that is meant to push the "why hunters hunt" and it will be effective, we just need to get behind it. Its not about the kill, its about hunting. 99% of hunting isn't killing.

bearvalley
01-02-2020, 02:22 PM
Already given up on your Wildlife Stewardship Council Mike??
Seeking another way... already???

Speaking of which, you appear on their Member's List and I know you were actively involved with them in the past.
Why don't you ask them to answer just how they voted on many of the current hunting regulation proposals, which ones they supported and why? Seems they see fit to ignore anyone else's queries in this regard, blissfully thinking that they, in the end, will not be held accountable for their actions...

Cheers,

Nog- He who hunts more than most, contributes to many wildlife & fisheries initiatives, and detests spin doctors of all kinds... :wink:

Matt, I’m still a member of the island based Wildlife Stewardship Council...that said the WSC is more inclined to be a working group of outfitter/FN’s as well as some individuals that have concerns for wildlife.
Therefore I’ve focused more of my time on working in conjunction with the Tahltans, whose territory I operate within.

As for the other start up group to represent hunters and others that have land based concerns.... the Wildland Stewards Association....well what can I say other than it kind of ran out of gas.

To support and grow the message of who & what the hunting community is all about I’ve thrown my support behind 1campfire through donated hunts with all proceeds raised going towards their PR campaign.

Speaking for what this thread has shown, and the barrage of social media attacks towards a guy who is trying to make change for the better....the “ one who walks his own path” in BC wildlife politics is subject to a lot of shit & abuse....he better have a thick hide.

Really, how would conversations such as this thread has brought out go in a face to face meeting
My bet would be there’d either be a lot more respect shown or a few guys would be spitting their teeth out.

As for Robins group....sure I was invited to their Facebook page along with 1200 or so others.
That’s as far as my involvement goes at this time.
I’m to damn busy running an outfitting business to get in any deeper.

338win mag
01-02-2020, 03:03 PM
I do know (very well) at least one gentleman on the board, very qualified, an exellent fellow in my view.

Anyone know if FN have a plan for the future of resident hunter's hunting in this Province?
because if they do.......

Doe's "hunter's for BC" have any plan for growing more game in this Province?

huntingfamily
01-02-2020, 04:30 PM
Are we managing wildlife to zero in BC?
http://hunterconservationist.ca/are-we-managing-wildlife-to-zero-in-british-columbia/

IronNoggin
01-02-2020, 04:49 PM
Are we managing wildlife to zero in BC?
http://hunterconservationist.ca/are-we-managing-wildlife-to-zero-in-british-columbia/

BINGO!!! https://www.tnof.ca/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/Pozitive.gif https://www.tnof.ca/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/Pozitive.gif

Additional steps hunters can take to help include:

Approaching issues with “eyes-wide-open” so you are aware of power plays.
Focusing on the “Big Picture” vision for hunting and wildlife conservation.
Presenting well-thought out messages in public forums that cannot be spun by the media.
Demanding people speak the truth and back up opinions with facts.
Shifting the discussion away from hunting regulations to that of science-based wildlife management.
Telling your elected officials you want government to create legislated objectives for fish and wildlife populations.

Cheers & Thanks!
Nog

sthdslayer
01-02-2020, 05:16 PM
Excellent article

HighCountryBC
01-02-2020, 07:47 PM
To be fair, we don't need another non profit group. There are several that are already established. Join one, get on the board, get your buddies on the board, drive change in the established groups. having lots of little non profit conservation groups is just splintering things. If you don't like BCWF then join WSSBC. I think WSSBC is more a hunting and coservation group than BCWF, they are focused on the right things, and are supporting growing our social presence in a positive manner as well as working with BCWF. Lets increase these established organizations presence and help drive the messages we want.

1Campfire is a directive that is meant to push the "why hunters hunt" and it will be effective, we just need to get behind it. Its not about the kill, its about hunting. 99% of hunting isn't killing.

Bingo.

More often than not you hear "Where was the BCWF (or any org) on this issue?" People think because they spent $50 on a membership that their contribution ends there. Conservation organizations are only as strong as their membership. Hunters in BC are extremely apathetic and it continues to be our downfall. We keep beating the drum on more regulations instead of working on creating a bigger pie for everyone to divy up.

Round and round we go.

RobU
01-02-2020, 10:58 PM
Trying my best to stay up to date on all your questions. Please know I’m not able to be on this site constantly. Work, family and life seems to take much time. I will not respond to false accusations. It’s truly counterproductive. Iron Noggin I will read back and locate your questions and reply. I have also posted my number and email twice so I don’t see where I’m evading anything. In fact that is a gesture of welcoming people to contact me with questions, concerns and advice. If that is too personal I will do my best here on this site when I can.
Robin
if anyone feels they have more to contribute, I am all ears and eyes.

walks with deer
01-03-2020, 10:53 PM
robu,

so many mud slingers out there...let me know if there is anything i can do to help.. i will email you in am..

as per the mudslingers on the side line perhaps get involved and if you dont like a certain policy lets adjust it as a group..

i have a neighbour i dont normally get along with...

but when theres a flood,forest fire,predator or weirdo be eork side by side untell the job is done...have a beer toghether than go back to our fuid lol

Wentrot
01-04-2020, 09:04 AM
robu,

so many mud slingers out there...let me know if there is anything i can do to help.. i will email you in am..

as per the mudslingers on the side line perhaps get involved and if you dont like a certain policy lets adjust it as a group..

i have a neighbour i dont normally get along with...

but when theres a flood,forest fire,predator or weirdo be eork side by side untell the job is done...have a beer toghether than go back to our fuid lol

there is no mud slinging, only very important questions considering the views from many at the head table of this group. As far as “getting involved” is concerned why are you assuming myself or any others commenting aren’t doing their part?

not many people are willing to jump head first in to a new group without asking any information or doing some due diligence. That’s a fools game.

if you’d like, myself or someone else can post some screen shots of some of the thoughts these guys want to make happen.

fearnodeer
01-04-2020, 09:16 AM
Bingo.

More often than not you hear "Where was the BCWF (or any org) on this issue?" People think because they spent $50 on a membership that their contribution ends there. Conservation organizations are only as strong as their membership. Hunters in BC are extremely apathetic and it continues to be our downfall. We keep beating the drum on more regulations instead of working on creating a bigger pie for everyone to divy up.

Round and round we go.

You are correct, the more people that show up to meeting and help out the better chances we have of getting somewhere, more people stepping up would make a huge difference in any organization most need more help because just not enough volunteers to tackle all the issues.

REMINGTON JIM
01-04-2020, 12:37 PM
I Just received my second Backcountry JOURNAL mag - some Good articles BUT 99 % about the USA ! 1 page on the YUKON changes in public access ! only chapters in canada are BC ALBERTA and the YUKON . :frown:
From what i can see we are really not THAT involved in the BHA other then for FUNDS ! jmo RJ

Feel Free to FLAME Me ! RobU :razz:

rageous
01-04-2020, 12:49 PM
Your not alone RJ

01-04-2020, 01:03 PM
With you too RJ.

BHA is another I have directed my cash to along with WSS BCWF RMEF.......all for Government to shat on and not help fund themselves, all licenses and tag money back to wildlife period.

I applaud any group trying to build and sustain wildlife while being accountable to its members directions. Its a tough pie to divide when we all have different opinions on how to build wildlife. How to manage it properly, how to sustain it.

Rest of my op removed......

HappyJack
01-04-2020, 08:46 PM
Muliechaser,

The good old days, what people seem to gloss over is more moose are killed by trains than hunters, making moves to further restrict access and shorter more restrictive seasons isn't the solution to the problem.

Drillbit
01-05-2020, 12:51 AM
The good old days, what people seem to gloss over is more moose are killed by trains than hunters, making moves to further restrict access and shorter more restrictive seasons isn't the solution to the problem.

I was wondering about that very thing the other day.

Where can we go to see the train stats over the last 50 years? Anybody know??

J_T
01-05-2020, 02:20 PM
With you too RJ.

BHA is another I have directed my cash to along with WSS BCWF RMEF.......all for Government to shat on and not help fund themselves, all licenses and tag money back to wildlife period.

I applaud any group trying to build and sustain wildlife while being accountable to its members directions. Its a tough pie to divide when we all have different opinions on how to build wildlife. How to manage it properly, how to sustain it.

Rest of my op removed......

Where's the "Like" button. Yes, it's really all about wildlife. Hunters would be happy if there were more.