PDA

View Full Version : Call Recomendations?

DoubleDeuce
12-19-2019, 12:35 AM
It’s my first season hunting ducks,I have been using a Buck Gardner Double Nasty with pretty good success,calling ducks down into the decoys (I’ve spent lots of time on YouTube :tongue: and practicing when not in the blind and it seems to have paid off.)
I am looking to invest more/upgrade my calls or add one or two for different tones or situations.For instance I have heard the Zink PC-2 can be a good softer companion call but thought I would hit the forums up for some advice and see what folks recommend.

Appreciate it as always guys
Greg

Sako 75
12-19-2019, 06:35 PM
Nothing wrong with Double Nasty call I use it all time and RNT calls too. My friend has $135.00 Zink duck call. The sound is about same as my calls.

DoubleDeuce
12-20-2019, 06:41 PM
So far I am a big fan of the Double Nasty,justvlooking to fill out the lanyard with viable options.I’ll look into the RNT’s,any particular models?

Sako 75
12-20-2019, 07:14 PM
Can't remember the model. I look it up tomorrow when I used it. My old favor used to be Faulks duck call.

Foxton Gundogs
12-20-2019, 10:00 PM
It is not so much what call works well for someone else but what works well for you. Stuff like the amount of air you are able to put through them are big factors. I like Buck Gardner and Blacktail calls as well as Hunter specialties work well for me but Faulks and Knight and Hale sound like $hit when I blow them. It's not the price it is what works for any given individual. If you are having success with Buck Gardners then stick with them they make a number of different toned calls. I have a Double Nasty II, Big Water and a Mallard Magic and 6 in 1 whistle on my Lanyard.

DoubleDeuce
12-21-2019, 03:33 PM
Ive got the 6 in 1 whistle too,I’ve been looking at the Mallard Magic one,would you say it’s a good companion to the Double Nasty,Foxton?

Sako 75
12-21-2019, 06:01 PM
RNT Quack Head duck call.

Foxton Gundogs
12-21-2019, 09:03 PM
Ive got the 6 in 1 whistle too,I’ve been looking at the Mallard Magic one,would you say it’s a good companion to the Double Nasty,Foxton?

Personally I'd get the Big Water first then if you feel the need to put one in between get the Magic, but DNII and BW should do you till you start to get really refined with you tones and volume. I believe The RNTs are not bad calls but I find them over priced for the tone you get out of them. JMO

DoubleDeuce
12-22-2019, 03:55 AM
Thanks for the input Foxton.Appreciated.

BiohazardHands
12-20-2021, 03:22 PM
Lost my duck call yesterday. I am looking at getting the RNT Daisy cutter but seems like I can only order it from the U.S. Does anyone have this call and if so, did you find a Canadian supplier?

lorneparker1
12-20-2021, 04:10 PM
Once you learn how to blow a duck call get an acrylic single reed. I love the sound of wood, but wood swells a lot in our climate so they aren't much use past about mid November. There are a million different makers. Join " call nutz" on face book. There is a big difference in sound and flexibility with a well build single reed over anything mentioned in this thread and anything you can get off the self at your local sporting store. A good duck caller can make any duck call sounds decent. The better the call the better the sound.

The truth is 90% of people have no idea how to call ducks or sound horrible and still kill ducks. If you want to consistently kill ducks, in all conditions, learn how to call and invest in a high quality call. I personally have a Lewis call company and Blindside Calls ( brad samples) single reeds and a Ben shook Yellow cedar burl whistle on my lanyard.

For a high quality production made acrylic a Lares Hybrid is probably the best call on the market.

To Biohazardhands i dont know of any RNT Canadian suppliers but i own an older Daisey cutter and short barrel and they are both all duck .