PDA

View Full Version : Another immature bull

BCrams
10-04-2007, 07:09 PM
First thing this morning, moose walks onto the road.

he's a legal 2 x 3

partner shoots moose ~30 yards

moose falls down beside road

gut moose and load moose within 30 minutes.

Now back to elk hunting for a few more days .....

Tarp Man
10-04-2007, 07:13 PM
You know the rules! Pictures for the masses!

Thunderstix
10-04-2007, 07:14 PM
Lucky buggers!

Stone Sheep Steve
10-04-2007, 08:01 PM
You bugger!!!:cool:

A friend bought a tag a few days ago. Two hours later he had an immie down. You might call it good luck but I would call it great luck. His third in five years:roll:.

SSS

Paulyman
10-04-2007, 08:05 PM
I think he's bs'ing or else he would have posted pics.

BCrams
10-04-2007, 09:02 PM

No BS'ing here !! Its just a moose :smile: No biggie.

Kirby
10-04-2007, 09:14 PM

Come on this is the infamous BCRams, only way to get a picture by him online is to take it yourself:lol:.

Paulyman
10-04-2007, 10:03 PM
Oh come on, that is cruel and unusual punisment,I think it actually says in the geneva convetion that upon a succesful moose hunt one must not withhold photos.

I can't wait ill i have so many moose under my belt that it's " just a moose"

anyhow congratulations

BCrams
10-04-2007, 10:23 PM
Pauly .... thanks - if no elk in the next few days, then I will fill up the remaining space in the freezer with a calf moose. That way I can trophy hunt muley bucks later on.

Heck, for anyone who's interested, I'll give the exact location where we shot the moose.

dana
10-04-2007, 10:25 PM
Rams,
Congrats on the swamp donkey. Thad got his LEH bull on Tues. I'm now busy cutting up my half. I got pretty lucky, I didn't even have to pack out a quarter. With Cody's deer, my goat, and a half a moose and a little left over meat from last year, I'm set up pretty fine to hold my muley tag until Dec 10th. :)

Allen50
10-04-2007, 10:25 PM
sounds like a lot of work moose hunting... good for you, big animal's need to be close to the road, makes loading easer,,,,,,,,

Fisher-Dude
10-04-2007, 11:11 PM
sounds like a lot of work moose hunting... good for you, big animal's need to be close to the road, makes loading easer,,,,,,,,

Rams is purely a road hunter. He ranges all animals before he shoots to make sure he has enough winch cable to reach them. Heck, he stays so close to his truck, that sometimes he even drives over his gun! :smile:

WoodOx
10-04-2007, 11:20 PM

Rams is purely a road hunter. He ranges all animals before he shoots to make sure he has enough winch cable to reach them. Heck, he stays so close to his truck, that sometimes he even drives over his gun! :smile:

Sharkey
10-05-2007, 07:52 AM
Gotta love those Road Moose. Got ourselves one 2 weeks ago. Perfect 2x2

Browningmirage
10-05-2007, 09:43 AM
sounds like a Kechika story...

Stone Sheep Steve
10-05-2007, 07:06 PM
Two friends dumped two immies the other day standing side by side:roll:. Now that is good luck!!

SSS

Orangethunder
10-06-2007, 09:03 AM
Two friends dumped two immies the other day standing side by side:roll:. Now that is good luck!!

SSS

I talked to a guy last week who had a similar story. Two two points on the road together, he was there by himself so only one went down. I think its a fairly common thing for them to be together, likely twin calves I suppose.

I think lots of guys see them but mistake them for cows. I know I almost drove away from my first two point thinking it was a cow:eek:. Another argument to have good optics and to look twice.