PDA

View Full Version : Safari Slings

blacksn95
12-12-2019, 02:25 PM
Anyone seen any for sale these days? Cabela's used to carry them but it seems they discontinued them. I find them quite handy and want to get a few more for my rifles.

Piperdown
12-13-2019, 07:12 AM
Anyone seen any for sale these days? Cabela's used to carry them but it seems they discontinued them. I find them quite handy and want to get a few more for my rifles.

Good luck finding them but if you do post it up or pm me, they are the best thing since sliced bread.

orest.06
12-13-2019, 08:44 AM
Midway USA sells Boonie Packer Safari Sling $24.99 USD

Elkaholic
12-13-2019, 10:41 AM
https://www.amazon.ca/Boonie-Packer-Products-Safari-Sling/dp/B002L9GBEC

Enjoy boys.

albravo2
12-13-2019, 11:16 AM
The only thing I don't like about the safari sling is it doesn't work well with the buttstock shell holder. I find it always gets caught up on the bullet.

That said, I like it enough that I've quit using the buttstock shell holders.

ghost
12-13-2019, 12:20 PM
Awesome sling impossible to find

Red_Mist
12-13-2019, 12:52 PM
There’s also Montana gun slings. Not exactly the same as safari sling but similar. Nicer quality though as they are leather.

https://www.montanagunslings.com/

Arctic Lake
12-13-2019, 12:56 PM
Blacksn95. I had a thread going in The Gun Talk Forum concerning rifle slings maybe do a search I think there is something in there about Safari Slings.
Arctic Lake

Piperdown
12-13-2019, 04:15 PM
https://www.amazon.ca/Boonie-Packer-Products-Safari-Sling/dp/B002L9GBEC

Enjoy boys.

Currently unavailable :( :( :(

blacksn95
12-14-2019, 11:47 AM
Thanks Guys.. midway looks to be the only place that has them . Will have to check if they ship to canada

orest.06
12-14-2019, 01:47 PM
Save the delay thru customs & ship it to Sumas Shipping 446 Harrison St, c/o ur name or a pal, Sumas, Wa 98295
$3 US for handling. Get it yourself or a pal to pickup for u.

GOLDEN TOP SNIPER
12-14-2019, 03:41 PM
Love my Safari Sling I Have 2 of them one in camo and one in snow camo

Piperdown
12-14-2019, 08:22 PM
Thanks Guys.. midway looks to be the only place that has them . Will have to check if they ship to canada

They don't, i contacted them already.

Bag1
12-15-2019, 12:40 AM
I have 3 safari slings, my last 2 came from here
https://www.elk-hunting-tips.net/hunting-gear.html#RifleSling
quick shipping to canada and great communication,

Piperdown
12-15-2019, 07:14 AM
Bag1 is my new best friend :)

blacksn95
12-16-2019, 05:50 PM
I have 3 safari slings, my last 2 came from here
https://www.elk-hunting-tips.net/hunting-gear.html#RifleSling
quick shipping to canada and great communication,

Thank you sir!!

Piperdown
12-16-2019, 07:44 PM
Thank you sir!!

You from Princeton??

blacksn95
12-17-2019, 06:18 AM
You from Princeton??

That's an interesting question...no I'm not, but I spend a lot of time there

Piperdown
12-17-2019, 07:11 AM
That's an interesting question...no I'm not, but I spend a lot of time there

Ha ha, reason i asked was the guy who owns the elk hunting company, emailed me and said my 2 slings that i ordered are going to be shipped 2 days late as someone from Princeton ordered 5 :shock:

blacksn95
12-17-2019, 07:24 AM
Ha ha, reason i asked was the guy who owns the elk hunting company, emailed me and said my 2 slings that i ordered are going to be shipped 2 days late as someone from Princeton ordered 5 :shock:

Hahhaa Yes, it was a big order...

boxhitch
12-17-2019, 11:19 AM
I made up my own , had to try the concept before spending the loot, found it worked fine after a tweak of the size of the two loops, still using it after several years
just made it up using simple utility straps and a couple orings
not labelled but functional

Mr.Crumbz
12-28-2019, 10:04 PM
There’s also Montana gun slings. Not exactly the same as safari sling but similar. Nicer quality though as they are leather.

https://www.montanagunslings.com/

I love my Montana sling, it’s quick adjusting, adjustment hold firm, sling is sturdy and carries well!

the next sling I buy will be the Blue Force Gear hunting sling, would like to give it a try. I have a Blue Force Gear sling on my tactical rifle and it’s great.

Piperdown
12-29-2019, 07:33 AM
I love my Montana sling, it’s quick adjusting, adjustment hold firm, sling is sturdy and carries well!

the next sling I buy will be the Blue Force Gear hunting sling, would like to give it a try. I have a Blue Force Gear sling on my tactical rifle and it’s great.

That won't work for long once Turdhole comes knocking on your door to confiscate your weapon of mass destruction :(

stinkyduck
01-02-2020, 08:27 AM
But Maybe we will be like New Zealand, and only give up 13%.

quarterman
01-11-2020, 09:26 PM
I got mine at del selins in vernon. Not sure if he still carries them

Tred
10-16-2020, 10:22 PM
I know this is an old Thread but thank you to Bag1 for giving me a good potential source for a safari sling

elknut
10-17-2020, 12:55 PM
Bought my Safari sling from where Bag1 said..Paid the price and 5.00 shipping ..Great sling ..Takes the weight of the rifle so you hardly know its there ..Rifle is always in the ready ..Love it ...My wife wants one now ...Dennis

bcsteve
10-01-2023, 09:36 AM
Reviving this thread. Bought a Boonie Packer Safari sling last year after reading all the rave reviews. It looked like a good idea, quick access and comfortable. The sling came in and I installed in on one of my rifle. Walking around the house and pointing the rifle here and there I thought was going to be great come hunting time.

First day out, I drive to my favorite trail. Get out of the truck, put my bino harness on, grab my rifle and sling it up. Nope! That's not going to work with a bino harness! Took the sling off and put my Ultimate Gun Sling back on. I was quite disappointed. Am I missing something or is it just not compatible with a bino harness?

TheObserver
10-01-2023, 10:17 AM
Reviving this thread. Bought a Boonie Packer Safari sling last year after reading all the rave reviews. It looked like a good idea, quick access and comfortable. The sling came in and I installed in on one of my rifle. Walking around the house and pointing the rifle here and there I thought was going to be great come hunting time.

First day out, I drive to my favorite trail. Get out of the truck, put my bino harness on, grab my rifle and sling it up. Nope! That's not going to work with a bino harness! Took the sling off and put my Ultimate Gun Sling back on. I was quite disappointed. Am I missing something or is it just not compatible with a bino harness?

Something is wrong, I put my bino harness on, then my pack if i'm wearing one, then the gun goes over top of everything and it works fine.

bcsteve
10-03-2023, 03:04 PM
Maybe I did t give it enough of a chance. I’ll give it another try.

TheObserver
10-03-2023, 03:31 PM
Maybe I did t give it enough of a chance. I’ll give it another try.

I just make sure it is the last thing I put on (the gun and safari sling). Bino harness first, then pack if i'm wearing one, and then the gun final. I think its a great sling and use it a lot, have been using it for a long time. I can walk around hands free and use binos. Only downside for me is if you have a long barrell like 26" and a muzzle breaker out front then it can sway down sometimes, but I just tilt the rifle a little more up or just rest one hand.