PDA

View Full Version : Scary Evening Call In Wolf Pack Solo Hunting,,2019..

hunter1947
12-07-2019, 07:36 AM
A person has to be on their toes at all times when you hunt solo most of the time.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2_HHZuRFs0

Ride Red
12-07-2019, 08:20 AM
I know what I’d be doing in that position.

Bugle M In
12-07-2019, 10:07 AM
Yup Wayne, you are definitely in an area at the moment that has a wolf infestation!!
HOPEFULLY, there is a trapper working the area??????????

If not, the game #'s will even get worse in there as those wolves don't move til they basically drop the number by ATLEAST 70%.
I think some areas, they drop game #'s by around 85%, depending on species before they move elsewhere.
And if there #'s are already high with a multitude of packs in and around that valley (adjoining area/territory) then that pack is sort
stuck to that area in which you hunt....not good.

I know there would have been led flying with us and I probably at this point would take Proguides advice about the 1st shot to the 1st wolf.

HarryToolips
12-07-2019, 10:20 AM
My son and I enjoyed your vid Wayne.....I agree, we gotta hammer wolves...should we start a fund or something ourselves to pay for a helicopter and start shooting them ourselves? Or pay for more trapping, does Proguide still have a go fund me going?

jan.wi97
12-07-2019, 10:29 AM
My son and I enjoyed your vid Wayne.....I agree, we gotta hammer wolves...should we start a fund or something ourselves to pay for a helicopter and start shooting them ourselves? Or pay for more trapping, does Proguide still have a go fund me going?

Hey Harry,
Heard that a couple wolves have been spotted
in the Okanagan. About five klicks in on Bear Lake Main FSR.
Im going out and will try to get them...

northof49
12-07-2019, 12:14 PM
Hopefully you put the camera down and hammered one or two Wayne.

Pioneerman
12-07-2019, 12:49 PM
That is some amazing footage, as always thanks for the post and video

joshbazz
12-07-2019, 02:18 PM

Hey Harry,

I’m up for planning an Okanagan wolf hunt if you guys are game... caveat: I have 0 experience or knowledge, just bullets and enthusiasm :)

Jagermeister
12-07-2019, 03:23 PM
What's holding you back from stroking them Wayne? I'd be doing the same as Red Ride alluded to. I just can't believe how unconcerned they are with your presence nearby. The times I have seen them, they saw me first and were booking out of sight.
The only question that I would have is which one(s) are the alphas? Not that I would shot them first, no, I would take BearValley's advice and shoot the subordinates. BV is under the impression that taking the alphas out only makes more alphas out of the subordinates and then you have an increase in population because they all now screwing their heads off. I concur with this logic.

hunter1947
12-07-2019, 03:30 PM
What's holding you back from stroking them Wayne? I'd be doing the same as Red Ride alluded to. I just can't believe how unconcerned they are with your presence nearby. The times I have seen them, they saw me first and were booking out of sight.
The only question that I would have is which one(s) are the alphas? Not that I would shot them first, no, I would take BearValley's advice and shoot the subordinates. BV is under the impression that taking the alphas out only makes more alphas out of the subordinates and then you have an increase in population because they all now screwing their heads off. I concur with this logic.
If you started opening up on these wolves you shoot whatever you can you don't have much time to get shots away when they are running full tilt after the first shot..

HarryToolips
12-07-2019, 03:58 PM
Hey Harry,
Hmm I wouldn't doubt it...lets go hammer em..

Stone Sheep Steve
12-07-2019, 04:02 PM
At the advice of a good wolf killer, shoot the first in the hips and the rest of the pack will keep coming back. They CANNOT leave.

gcreek
12-07-2019, 05:54 PM
At the advice of a good wolf killer, shoot the first in the hips and the rest of the pack will keep coming back. They CANNOT leave.

Yep, works every time.

twoSevenO
12-07-2019, 05:59 PM

As in they wont leave the one behind?
Interesting. Did not know that.

Bugle M In
12-07-2019, 08:27 PM

Yup...……………………………...

hunter1947
12-08-2019, 05:29 AM
[QUOTE=Stone Sheep Steve;2136766]At the advice of a good wolf killer, shoot the first in the hips and the rest of the pack will keep coming back. They CANNOT leave.[/QUOTE

SSS I was informed that if you wound a wolf that the others will eat it ??? don't know if this is true or false ??

GreyDog
12-08-2019, 08:14 AM
Any game animal deserves better treatment. GD

Bugle M In
12-08-2019, 01:03 PM
^^^^^yes, they do, absolutely.
The sad part is, some are getting better treatment (wolves) then many of our other game animals or at the expense of them.

If the government would do what needs to be done, certain talk would never come up.
Sadly, when left to individuals rather than a planned process, people do things they wouldn't normally do when they become desperate!

On top of that, there is some evidence (if you believe it or is true), that by only taking 1 or 2 from a pack, you might actually be making
the whole situation worse!??
Thus people are trying to figure out what is the best way to not let that happen and to take as many as possible at one time.
There are proper, more ethical ways.....but rather than be morally correct, the ministry is more worried about staying
politically correct!!.

So, who's fault is it when talk like this comes up and no one is listening to the real solutions or not acting in accordance.???

upperleftcoaster
12-09-2019, 09:22 AM
are wolves like coyotes for breeding? when a coyote pack is reduced, the next litter has more puppies. hard to get rid of them...

hunter1947
12-10-2019, 03:13 AM
https://www.livingwithwolves.org/2015/09/24/how-the-death-of-one-wolf-can-affect-the-entire-pack/

https://www.facebook.com/StopTheWolfNow/photos/a.324678338216845/330102811007731/?type=3&eid=ARCRiRyxSX9C3JttRZQzc4PlZPT9L78U3vp2TFz4j_HrZJ d5RPJOkkr5HaZOw3a3Y1J1bGW9VrB1nzRW&__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARCHocCakOniL4mTySDPU06TZXNde97H CoToeuNFb3_kmGfNe0W8N6hYECXbDWLy0-584_HdQXGFe8gwlGREWdjKkfq14bJLPhM61bndFfTGfxEvrAwD En4-vOZ_fYgqS3TyPdDhllePY5-51DqbJnj7wr6nmiS0-LPGokCD6a7JnUv1O1reWiUoXpmag09HLZPE_f5dF4_JW9aDLNc utJyMouLaHN3VpL43hH1S80VMpnNcHRTOlWyztDD0slQL15OWJ xqiSTdyoNK6qE0U5qJzW06SNKNe4DzRU3Oi6WcqE3ECslXbWu1 D-_FXu4WJAJMn2dts7YrAtQEo3Q&__tn__=EHH-R