PDA

View Full Version : Hard Times getting A Bull Elk Out Nighttime..

hunter1947
12-06-2019, 06:04 AM
Was a struggle for one of my friends getting this bull elk out late night :-(,,,https://youtu.be/P83tgTcZMhQ

Darksith
12-06-2019, 09:02 AM
wow, how far of a pack? Why not just 2 trips lol

hunter1947
12-06-2019, 11:00 AM
wow, how far of a pack? Why not just 2 trips lol

I kept telling them this better two trips or 3 but my friends wanted to do it there way so I let them be ,,this kind of packing can hurt you real good even if I was a younger man not worth packing out this kind of weight could ruin your back up for life time..

todbartell
12-06-2019, 11:21 AM
entertaining if nothing else

Fella
12-06-2019, 11:25 AM
I guess some guys just have something to prove lol

Foxton Gundogs
12-06-2019, 11:32 AM
Sorry but that's just plain crazy

andrew5
12-06-2019, 11:35 AM
entertaining for sure, but one slip and you have a ruined back for life. not sure it's worth the risk, but that is one hell of a story! great work!

Jagermeister
12-06-2019, 11:46 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but were there not 4 of you? So it behooves me as to why one person would pack that out by himself. It would have been just as simple to find a pole and and attach the hind to it. Then shoulder the pole, one person on the front and one person on the rear. Each packing half the load.:confused:

Fella
12-06-2019, 11:48 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but were there not 4 of you? So it behooves me as to why one person would pack that out by himself. It would have been just as simple to find a pole and and attach the hind to it. Then shoulder the pole, one person on the front and one person on the rear. Each packing half the load.:confused:
Like I said... some guys just feel like they have something to prove!

hunter1947
12-06-2019, 12:00 PM
Like I said... some guys just feel like they have something to prove!

LOL for sure ,,i just stood back and let them do what they wanted to do this feller decided he was going to do it his way so I just let him do what he wanted to do..

Jagermeister
12-06-2019, 12:31 PM
Doing a face plant is one thing, doing a face plant with an additional weight of 250-300 pounds is another. Best things old guys can do is stand back and watch, and like you Wayne, I'd be standing at your elbow taking it all in. That dude must have a lot more Neanderthal in him than the rest of us.
Anyhow, they got it out and that is what matters.

ACB
12-06-2019, 12:35 PM
Thats why they call it being young and stupid with a strong back, most big guy strong guys I know have back problems.Would have been a lot lighter without the hide on.

Bullseye Bob
12-06-2019, 08:20 PM
Lol that is only funny cause of how stupid it is .

RackStar
12-06-2019, 09:24 PM
Wowza, good way to get impaled by a stick when you fall over.

at least you die looking tough ... or stupid

two-feet
12-07-2019, 08:08 AM
I still feel pain from packing 130lb moose quarters over the years. I appreciate the gumption it takes to haul 1/2 an elk! Not sure how old that guy is but if he is a millennial it proves they are not all pussies.

JoeSixPack
12-07-2019, 09:31 AM
4 guys, gutless method, 1 easy trip. Learn it, use it.

walks with deer
12-07-2019, 10:07 AM
i did a immaturr bull moose similiar to that but it was too heavy with the hide on..i had to skin it first.

Bugle M In
12-07-2019, 10:13 AM
Definitely entertaining, just glad it wasn't me this time:razz:.

1st elk I ever shot was just before dark, and we went all the way back to camp to get the backpacks etc and then all the way back in.
(should of just gutted and came back in the morning)
Anyways, didn't get back to camp till 5 am!!!
All I remember was we decided to fry up some liver with apples and onions and a few shots of Schnapps!.
There was 4 of us, and we spent all the day as well getting every piece of meat out (this was before we started to debone meat)

When that one guy in your group put both hinds on the back, I was glad that wasn't me!
Hate to say it, but take it from a guy with some major back problems, DO NOT try to be superman.
One slight misstep or twist and it can change your life forever.

I do remember having to go up one slight incline once where I was on all 4's crawling up the hill.
Just could not get up it on 2 feet.
Don't miss it!!!

wideopenthrottle
12-12-2019, 03:22 PM

i have tried the pole method with 2 guys and man is it hard on the shoulder especially if you are on uneven ground or a slope....never again for me