PDA

View Full Version : Finally got to go on my first deer hunt.

NaStY
10-03-2007, 03:08 PM
Well i finally got to go after many months of waiting and planning. Got to Williams lake around 5pm, got out of the car and unloaded and got back in and drove down a gravel road for about 3 miles and there they were. 3 does and a big 3pt buck. Couldn't stop fast enough to get the guns out and they were gone. We decided to drive further and check out a few spots until we ran out of light and headed back.

We then planned a day of hunting from there ( not to mention the use of a 4X4). Got to our spot and walked some cut blocks at first light for about 3 hrs and managed to jump a doe and a buck beaded down but didn't act fast enough. Mover to a different local and saw 2 moose and some more doe's. Decided to call it a morning at 11am and get some lunch and plan the later part of the day. 5pm we headed up to a cut block we were at earlier and just out of the corner of my eye THERE. I jumped out raised my scope and it looked like a doe till it turned and i jumped to a mound of dirt for a rest and BAM. It was a very nice 5X4 none typical buck:grin:. One day in and i have my first deer.

That was Saturday so i had to wait till Monday to shoot my doe. The 2 guys i was with had to come back to the lower mainland so my doe hunt was going to be solo. Well i got out of the house at 7am and drove to a different block not having a clue where to look. So i drove up till i couldn't drive any more and got out and walked to tree line. I didn't have a good feeling about the place so i decided to head back the the truck when there she was, walking right beside the truck. I got in place and let out a little bleep and BAM, missed at 70 yards. She got 150yrds and BAM missed here again. Then the last bleep i had in me she stopped at 300yrds and BAM! got her right where she stood. Just below the skull through the neck. By 830 i was driving back to camp and my tags were full.

I will have pics of my buck as soon as my bud emails them to me and i never had a camera to take a pic of my doe. I couldn't have asked for a better trip then this one. :biggrin: I will definetly be heading back there next year. Absolutely awesome country !!!!!!!!

sooke hunter 30 06
10-03-2007, 03:29 PM
awsome hunt, can't wait to see the pics

Will
10-03-2007, 03:30 PM
Congrats ! :smile:
What you gonna do for the rest of the season ? ;)

NEEHAMA
10-03-2007, 03:33 PM
nice! pic's are where?

HighCountry
10-03-2007, 06:35 PM
Nice looking antlers Congratulation.

Will
10-03-2007, 06:44 PM
I like the little droppers....Congrats:smile:

Phil
10-03-2007, 07:06 PM
Nice work! What do you have planned with the rack.

lip_ripper00
10-03-2007, 07:17 PM
Good times! So this is why you stood me up:biggrin:. Glad you left my moose alone, I will get them next week. Congrats, Chucky sent me lots of picts nice buck!!

NaStY
10-03-2007, 07:23 PM
Nice work! What do you have planned with the rack.

I'm not to sure what to do with the head. Its in the freezer waiting for me to make up my mind. Any suggestions?

Good times! So this is why you stood me up:biggrin:. Glad you left my moose alone, I will get them next week. Congrats, Chucky sent me lots of picts nice buck!!

Ya well you know the drill. Sorry bout that :D

I didn't leave you the bull to shoot. I made him move to region 2 so i could get him next year :biggrin:

Untouchable
10-03-2007, 07:30 PM
Great looking deer. Can anyone guess the age on that guy? Would you say that was a younger buck? His Body looks huge, but his rack seems not quite proportional.? That deer had some real potential. Looks like he's got pretty wild non typical jeans. Again congrats on your deer.

3kills
10-03-2007, 07:34 PM
nice first buck for sure...

NaStY
10-03-2007, 07:40 PM
Great looking deer. Can anyone guess the age on that guy? Would you say that was a younger buck? His Body looks huge, but his rack seems not quite proportional.? That deer had some real potential. Looks like he's got pretty wild non typical jeans. Again congrats on your deer.

I figure next year he would have been a 6X5 at least. He had one small tine on one side that i couldn't count. It was only 3/4" long.

gameslayer
10-03-2007, 10:01 PM
Sounds like a quick trip. you will have lots of meat in the freezer. I gues you got doe frver instead of buck fever :p

Dragginbait
10-04-2007, 09:24 AM
Personally, I think if that was my first deer it would be hanging on the wall !!! What a great way to get started, congrats. Terry.