PDA

View Full Version : GoFundMe refund notice

mod7rem
11-25-2019, 04:07 PM
I just got an email letting me know that GoFundMe is refunding the money I donated to Emergency Ungulate Conservation BC.
I must have missed this before, but obviously the money didn’t get to where it was intended.

Gateholio
11-25-2019, 04:24 PM
There are anti hunters at gofundme that kept blocking the payouts. Only a fraction of the money donated via GFM actually made it to the trappers.

twoSevenO
11-25-2019, 04:40 PM
Is this legal?
Hmmmm

Danny_29
11-25-2019, 05:30 PM
Is this legal?
Hmmmm

Definitely legal, they are a private company.

11-25-2019, 06:28 PM
There are anti hunters at gofundme that kept blocking the payouts. Only a fraction of the money donated via GFM actually made it to the trappers.

yeah I got notice of a refund today too. I have also given directly to a trapper to support his efforts. I guess that’s the way it will need to be done

wideopenthrottle
11-26-2019, 11:21 AM
got my refund notification too..is there someone here who can/is collecting money for them directly?...with the looming bankruptcy of North American Fur Auctions I am sure they could use some help more than ever

Ajsawden
11-26-2019, 11:43 AM
Disappointing. I too received mine. It lines up mysteriously well with proguide66's online plea for region 2 wolf information. Is/was there a connection?

Stone Sheep Steve
11-26-2019, 12:15 PM
Received my notice as well.

11-26-2019, 12:18 PM
Got mine as well but i will be dammed to send my pass word as i dont trust the system. I consider that money lost. I also funded directly to a trapper i know and will do it this way or no way from now on.

Bugle M In
11-26-2019, 12:51 PM
Holy shit!....really!!!
???????????????????????????

VLD43
11-26-2019, 02:54 PM
In lite of this situation , could Pro Guide set up a bank account that people on this site could etransfer too? Don't know the in's and out's of this, but just a thought. If willing he could supply the funds to the trappers

j270wsm
11-26-2019, 07:46 PM
You can etransfer anyone.....just need their email.

Gateholio
11-26-2019, 07:47 PM
PG 66 says to hold onto your fund for now, or if you know a trapper that targets wolves, to donate to them directly. Not sure what will happen this year. I know Steve always has many irons in the fire so we will see what happens. On the plus side, i know he took a wolf the other day. :)

As far as money and gofundme funds......They actually ended up spending more of their own money than they received but all were absolutely stoked at the enthusiasm and support from fellow hunters supporting predator control. It was a great example of what can be accomplished with hunters working together.

The message remains the same- find a trapper who targets wolves, and get him motivated and funded. And encourage non wolf trappers to allow those that want to target wolves access to their trapline.

Well done everyone.