PDA

View Full Version : Region 5 Deer activity

kitnayakwa77
11-17-2019, 10:02 PM
looking for an update on Region 5 deer sightings and activity.....heading there in a few days for 4 pt mulie and any whitetails. We've done well around this time of year previously, but the reports we are hearing are that deer and few and far between this year. Anyway else seeing this? Wondering if the unseasonally warm temps and lack of snow has resulted in the deer being spread around more evenly rather than congregated on their winter range? Or maybe people are still seeing and getting deer? Its been my observation that most locals road hunt around and we prefer walking edges, big fir timber etc.

Thanks

Rod
11-18-2019, 12:34 AM
5-1 and I haven’t seen anything with horns in weeks.. well except for two fork bucks both with only one antler... and that was the day after any buck julie closed.

It seems every very where I go it’s littered with wolf tracks..

bigredchev
11-19-2019, 05:28 AM
Low numbers this year. Im getting tired of saying this.

5-02 was full of wolf tracks. Our moose hunt was a major bust. The ranchers cattle are getting hit hard by wolves too, i guess to supplement their diet if game is low.

Even the local butchers arent busy, so it wasnt just us.

Still, they are there somewhere

zurevins
11-19-2019, 10:17 AM
South 5-14 and North 5-03 had surprisingly few deer around. All the deer we saw pretty well were around small aspen thickets. In a week on crown land we saw maybe 25 deer and all were antlerless. Saw two cougars in the bush while hunting as well.

warnniklz
11-19-2019, 11:07 AM
Been seeing deer all over, but haven't really been out deer hunting yet... that being said, have only seen what I would consider shooters during September archery and one in the headlights about 2 weeks ago. Been itching to go check trail cams, but they're in my archery spot and probably wont check them until probably the last day of 4 point season. Did manage to get buddy his moose in region 5 within 2 or 3 hours...

SemperAurum
11-19-2019, 11:10 AM
Gang Ranch has very good numbers of deer this year. Many decent bucks. I would drive in from Farwell Canyon and hunt the area.

Swamp mule
11-19-2019, 02:15 PM
just checked my trail cam on some private property in the Q area and only had two 3 pointers show up lately at last light though.

kitnayakwa77
11-19-2019, 03:09 PM
thanks everyone for info. I figure they gotta be around somewhere, likely a few haven't shown up yet due to lack of snow in mtns. Not looking for any spots, just curious if this rumour was anecdotal info or BS.

chris
11-19-2019, 03:14 PM
I'm seeing normal numbers for my area. The sky is not falling.

warnniklz
11-19-2019, 03:16 PM
She's also been clear and bright out at night. Most deer I have seen lately have been bedded...

willyqbc
11-19-2019, 03:18 PM
Living in Quesnel, we hunt everywhere from quesnel lake/horsefly area in the south, to the southern end of 7a (hixon) in the north, and well out east and west. Common thread we are seeing over the past number of years is that the few deer that we are seeing (other than on the farms and in town), are almost always right at the very back of the last blocks on impassible/de-activated roads...right on the back treelines, the best areas have steep drop off escape routes off the back of the block. Or....we see some deep in the heavy timber. In either case, they are more skittish than I have ever seen them before, and the numbers are as low as i can remember in the last 30 years. The moose and elk seem to be having a slight uptick, but the deer numbers seem to be getting worse.

just what we are seeing......

100MileGord
11-19-2019, 05:13 PM
I live on the edge of a large burn from the summer of 2017. We are seeing fewer deer in the burn on a typical evening but that might be due to the newly constructed 4 lane highway that seems to average 10 dead deer a week over a 6 km stretch. Its November 19th and we havnt even had a hard frost yet. There are a lot of small bucks in the burn and on my trail cam (in the driveway) but the big boys are still hiding.

We saw more moose this year in 5-02 than the last 5 years combined :razz:, and less wolf sign. The big mulies have got to be in there though; we havnt had significant winters for years and the FN folk that I know refuse to eat mule deer.

100MileGord
11-24-2019, 11:09 PM
I've been out the past few days. Seen lots of does/fawns and immature bucks. I've heard of a few 160 170ish bucks being taken and seen pictures.

Mule deer hunting is different around here: its relatively flat land that is difficult to pattern the bucks like one might in more mountainous terrian like the Okanagan or Kootenays. While I totally respect the skill level of the hunters who harvest a old mature buck around here, their efforts are often more a product of time (hours in the bush) rather than knowledge and preplanning.

warnniklz
11-25-2019, 09:13 AM
Was windy Saturday, deer were in the thick timber on benchland. If you found 1 doe, there was probably more close by... which meant there was a buck of some class near by. Seen a big 3 point, two four points. Neither were shooters for me, although someone tried to shoot the one.

Even though I didn't find the deer spooky, did notice that they didn't hang out in the open. Was overlooking a flat, 2 deer came out of the tumber, motored across the open country back into a coulie. Watched them walk amongst some cover then burn across the opening again.

Ran into some guys out of maple ridge that got a decent deer on Friday and we're packing out Saturday. Pretty sure the one dude was packing bear spray?

Got to see the CO's... pretty good guys.

Also hunted some ranch land. Talked to the owner and hasn't seen much for deer this year on his property. Usually they're packed in pretty good by now.

Bugle M In
11-25-2019, 11:44 AM
We all know depending where one hunts, that if wolves are active (and yes they do big loops so they can move quite a bit) that those areas still may deer, but those deer will be on high alert, very skittish and with those ears can move from ones line of sight and make one think not much
is around.
BUT, I have to ask, how is the snow level effecting peoples experiences?
I know where I hunt, the lack of it has definitely changed the hunting from years ago.
Without it, there certainly is a lack of bucks that I was once used to, especially mature ones.
I am speculating they are dispersed more and not concentrated like it should/would have been back in the day.

Also, I noticed most Does did have offspring, but I would have to say most only had 1 with them, not 2.
So, they are getting bred, and I think the feed/nutrition is there in many areas, so are the Does just young, or are the fawns getting picked
off?

warnniklz
11-25-2019, 12:06 PM
Anecdotally I think lack of snow up high is a pretty big factor. Why come down out of the high country if you don't have to?

Just heard it's suppose to drop to negative 10's and then into -23 Thursday. It's been trying to snow in town here.

SemperAurum
11-26-2019, 06:02 AM
Here is my observation about 2019 mule deer in region 5 and 3:

Feed is abundant due to rainy summer and steroidal grass growth in fire areas. The grass is taller than I have ever seen it. The deer are not desperate for a meal and have no reason to concentrate on winter ranges.

Does are young. I no longer see any old, mature does. Most of the visible bucks are young. Big bucks are around (I have seen their tracks) but they keep well hidden. I find it funny how some guys drive down a busy road and shoot a whopper. Damn things are unpredictable in the rut! I have seen some whoppers that were shot by road hunters this year.

If wolves or coyotes are active (they are) they deer will stay out of the open and stick to thick bush or steep terrain. Their habits and movements will change from day to day depending upon pressure. Lack of snow makes it hard to detect the presence of predators.

Some of the alfalfa ranches have decent resident deer numbers, but again, if predators are in the area, it can appear as if there is no deer.

NO SNOW up high. The top of Blackdome Mountain for instance is pretty much devoid of snow. Same goes for the Marbles and every other range in every direction. No need to leave the high country yet or at all.

The ground is now frozen. No new tracks to be seen even if they are there.

The does are also spread out into small groups. (3-5 does). No big herds concentrating in any one area.

If you hunt the burned areas be advised that the deer hear you and see you coming from a mile away. They will just move along and you will never see them.

Thankfully, almost every hunter continues to drive past some of the best hidey hole deer honey spots. Big bucks are rarely seen fom pickup truck windows mid day in areas with no snow. Also, Hunters and traffic have very little affect on deer.

I do firmly believe that deer numbers are way down from previous years.

Just a few of my observations.

kitnayakwa77
11-26-2019, 12:14 PM
Just got back last night. We saw many deer in posted land, and actually saw more whitetails than we did mule deer. Less big herds and certainly not the concentrations I have seen before. We had a 4 point MD beside the road that was too close to a residential area to harvest, and another mature buck in the big firs that didn't stick around long enough to allow us to count points. We hunted edges, still hunted big firs, and sat on agricultural property where we watched does. We saw less bucks than other years, but the sign was there, leading me to believe that they are not being pushed out by the snow, and have readily available cover/food/water and no need to expose themselves to predators by wandering too far from the thick stuff. I suspect numbers are down slightly given the fires/over-harvest of winter range old growth firs, but there are still deer around. The post above about there being a lack of snow changing things really makes sense to me, but maybe that is confirmation bias!

Bugle M In
11-26-2019, 01:02 PM

Feed is abundant due to rainy summer and steroidal grass growth in fire areas. The grass is taller than I have ever seen it. The deer are not desperate for a meal and have no reason to concentrate on winter ranges.

Does are young. I no longer see any old, mature does. Most of the visible bucks are young. Big bucks are around (I have seen their tracks) but they keep well hidden. I find it funny how some guys drive down a busy road and shoot a whopper. Damn things are unpredictable in the rut! I have seen some whoppers that were shot by road hunters this year.

If wolves or coyotes are active (they are) they deer will stay out of the open and stick to thick bush or steep terrain. Their habits and movements will change from day to day depending upon pressure. Lack of snow makes it hard to detect the presence of predators.

Some of the alfalfa ranches have decent resident deer numbers, but again, if predators are in the area, it can appear as if there is no deer.

NO SNOW up high. The top of Blackdome Mountain for instance is pretty much devoid of snow. Same goes for the Marbles and every other range in every direction. No need to leave the high country yet or at all.

The does are also spread out into small groups. (3-5 does). No big herds concentrating in any one area.

If you hunt the burned areas be advised that the deer hear you and see you coming from a mile away. They will just move along and you will never see them.

Thankfully, almost every hunter continues to drive past some of the best hidey hole deer honey spots. Big bucks are rarely seen fom pickup truck windows mid day in areas with no snow. Also, Hunters and traffic have very little affect on deer.

Great post of "observation"!!
Yes, from frozen ground to age, I think you covered everything I am thinking as well.

And YES, BIG BUCKS TAKEN FROM ROAD"!!!!!
I have no clue why I bother to hike my ass all day, thru rain and icy fog, with feet soaked full of water and freezing (yes, my boots are done),
up early, come out a dark, with not enough water, only to hear someone took a nice one right on the road!
(I know, I like the challenge and the thought that big bucks are away from everyone!....lol)

Worst part is with those road bucks, they seem to just stand there broadside, and don't move with their Doe/s.
In the woods, they scream away in an instant.
I know of 4 bucks taken those few days we were out...all from the road.

Anyways, I am really curious to see the study from collared MD in several areas down south in BC.
It will hold some interesting things I believe.

warnniklz
11-26-2019, 02:48 PM
A local kid pulled a stud out of the woods this week from (I'm assuming) around here. I'm sure someone is bound to post it up not on his behalf soon enough.

twoSevenO
11-26-2019, 02:53 PM
Great post of "observation"!!
Yes, from frozen ground to age, I think you covered everything I am thinking as well.

And YES, BIG BUCKS TAKEN FROM ROAD"!!!!!
I have no clue why I bother to hike my ass all day, thru rain and icy fog, with feet soaked full of water and freezing (yes, my boots are done),
up early, come out a dark, with not enough water, only to hear someone took a nice one right on the road!
(I know, I like the challenge and the thought that big bucks are away from everyone!....lol)

Worst part is with those road bucks, they seem to just stand there broadside, and don't move with their Doe/s.
In the woods, they scream away in an instant.
I know of 4 bucks taken those few days we were out...all from the road.

Anyways, I am really curious to see the study from collared MD in several areas down south in BC.
It will hold some interesting things I believe.

Where and when will this study be published?

srupp
11-26-2019, 05:38 PM

Hmmmmm IMO bang on. No deer per sey migrating yet..feed levels are exellent everywhere..snow levels are below average..
Hmmm even Warrenknz Dads favorite spot has great numbers of bucks running around..couple studs.
Gang..Horsefly, Big LAKE..Blue lake..all have better than normal deer still there. .fat and sassy..
Even my favorite area out east..Nick campbell leasmans son first buck..couple 250 pound body bucks right where they should be..just easier to access...
As for moose couple hunters did not connect..yet in 2 hours found 3 bulls right where I left them 12 months prior.
My favorite deer sit for mulies is only 20 minute stroll..in..looking for bunnies seen 3 big bodied bucks..probably on decline due to age.
most deer still are in town..in my front lawn..nightly..lol
Srupp

warnniklz
11-26-2019, 06:13 PM
Ruppster... I haven't seen that 3 point kicking around lately. You seen him at all? Wonder if he's down in the river valley or hanging in the dairies.

srupp
11-26-2019, 06:28 PM
Ruppster... I haven't seen that 3 point kicking around lately. You seen him at all? Wonder if he's down in the river valley or hanging in the dairies.

hmmm he was here last week..3:15 am eating crabapples 30 feet from front window.
still 4 or so down the street nightly..small spiker is here this week.
Cheers
Srupp

Bugle M In
11-27-2019, 02:10 PM
Where and when will this study be published?

Well, that's a different story!
BUT, at some point it has to be available to the public!
And yes, folks directly involved and "their friends that they tell" definitely benefit the best.
For example, my hunting partner ran into another hunter, whose friend is directly apart of the study in one area where they put up
a multitude of Cams and Collared some deer.
Obviously he is going to know a lot about what comes out.

I need to find that thread that started originally and see if anyone one there know when the sudy will be completed and when it may come
available.

Another FYI, they were smart about "where they collared the deer as they did it in an area where deer do migrate to.
So there are some brains behind this one I think!
And as far as migration and lack of snow or when plus the Pred issues (not just hunting), this study might be of great value.
Things certainly are different now from say 30 or 40 years ago, like snow and preds and even all the logging now.

Bugle M In
11-27-2019, 02:13 PM
A local kid pulled a stud out of the woods this week from (I'm assuming) around here. I'm sure someone is bound to post it up not on his behalf soon enough.

^^^^^^
There are still plenty of really decent big bucks being taken every season.
Sadly one has to go to FB or Twit to see them posted then on here.
But it is encouraging and gives one hope that one day someone here could still run into one of those hogs.
They are out there, just not behind every tree.
Seen a fellow from Kammy on FB with a huge buck!!

warnniklz
11-27-2019, 02:28 PM
^^^^^^
There are still plenty of really decent big bucks being taken every season.
Sadly one has to go to FB or Twit to see them posted then on here.
But it is encouraging and gives one hope that one day someone here could still run into one of those hogs.
They are out there, just not behind every tree.
Seen a fellow from Kammy on FB with a huge buck!!

There''s lots of porch bucks out there and they're not overly hard to get. But those ones that make you just freeze up and make you poop a little... those are the one's I'm after

Bugle M In
11-27-2019, 07:19 PM
There''s lots of porch bucks out there and they're not overly hard to get. But those ones that make you just freeze up and make you poop a little... those are the one's I'm after

Yup, I hear you!
I k ow where I usually go for MD was a great area, but it needs snow, a lot of snow.
If I am lucky, there is a skiff, and worse, generally frozen and crunchy.
Many of the old timers would always call the motels in advance to see if there was "fresh snow", OTHERWISE, they did "not" go.
On top of that, it had some traffic by road guys but rarely any where I hunt on foot except for the old guys that showed me the area and one
other old-timer who had a grandson that hunted it, with friends but only when he was there.
BUT, he moved to Quesnel or something, so all friends could now go with out him.
Think somebody had "loose lips" and now is getting to be a gong show.
But, I go deeper and farther back, and there is nothing to be seen!
Again, most get them on the road!!!! (frustrating but true)

Oh well, I will keep looking for that elusive pant pooper!
It's been years since I seen one, but when I did, I ended up freezing cause I couldn't believe what I was seeing!
And he didn't care about my existing condition and got the hell out of there.

I do believe you took a real nice one a couple years ago.
I think Steelpulse also posted up a real beaut as well back around then.

srupp
11-27-2019, 07:48 PM
Hmmm years ago a elderly fellow was being driven into Blackdome area where his sons were spending thanksgiving hunting..en route just prior to the calving barn a monsterous mulie buck walked onto the uphill side of the road.guy slowly got out and dropped a typical heavy framed buck in excess of 200 magical mark.
They cleared the tag, rolled the buck into the pickup..and drove 15 minutes to get his sons to clean his deer.
I would always prefer to be lucky than good..lol
The 190 ram 3 years ago was spotted from the highway at Spenses Bridge...on a youngsters first year hunting..no he did not get the 190 on day 1..however he did harvest it on day 2.
Cheers
Srupp

twoSevenO
11-27-2019, 08:59 PM
Everyone can get lucky once.
It only becomes impressive when a guy can demonstrate his ability to do it several times.

Bugle M In
11-28-2019, 11:07 AM
Everyone can get lucky once.
It only becomes impressive when a guy can demonstrate his ability to do it several times.

Absolutely.
And there are a few folks who do on a regular basis harvest big bucks.
Part of that is definitely determination, hard work but also finding an area that many folks just haven't considered and also, have the time
and are relatively close to the area to begin with.
Not everyone has that opportunity even if they have the other factors needed.

Those that harvest big bucks of the road, well that is "Luck".
Also another factor needed.
Lots of folks hunt hard and see bucks, but never see a 200+......ever.

Only have to look at the MD record book of BC and read stories to see how some harvest them just by driving....lots.
Others I know and they had property no one else could hunt and the seasons went really late with tons of snow, so they harvested
really big bucks, both MD and WT.
Look at the ones from Lumby....that was a family affair back in those days.
I know a relative from that group and he has one in the books as well as the others in the family tree.

Bugle M In
11-28-2019, 12:06 PM
I will say this about "big bucks".
I have limited time and funds to go on hunts so I have to plan around that factor, as well as my hunting partners.
There is a reason I don't hunt much for MD in October.
Part is, I am not interested in spike bucks etc.
But there is another thing that seems to occur.

Over the past 10 years or so, I have come across 2 3pt mature bucks, that I am sure would score 160 at least.
And these 2 bucks are "dominant" and I have witnessed them chasing 4 pt bucks away and watched them do the humping.
Frustrating because I am there in the 4pt season, and I know they are spreading that potential 3 pt gene.
And these bucks do tend to come back to the same playgrounds, at some point (they move around) and thus if you hit it right,
which is the "luck factor", you can find these bucks.

But it also tells me during the whole time of "any buck" that runs till end of October, hunters don't come across these 2 bucks.
Shows that these big boys can stay well away from traffic and hunters until the rut.
They are out there, we just don't find them.

Frustrating about the point restriction to be honest when it comes to this.
Seen it with bull elk that are just 5pt forever.
Some folks will drop a spike or fork and others let them pass.
Chasing the breeding bucks only makes no sense to me, but that is the rule for everyone at that time.

Anyways, they are out there.

markomoose
11-28-2019, 12:13 PM
Did 4 day hunt at Meldrum Ck (5-14)& only saw one 4 point taken.Lots of smaller bucks but numbers down for sure.

warnniklz
11-28-2019, 12:19 PM
Only ever seen 4 poopers with my own eyes. 1 of which I got, 1 was past legal shooting light lit up by a full moon on a ridge, 1 I tried to get my buddy to shoot but his safety was on, 1 was the first time I had ever seen a deer that big while out hunting.

Saturday is the last day for the bigguns for the year. I say I'll take a porch buck right now, but my brother says I'll probably let it walk... time will tell I guess. It's cooled right off. Should be interesting to see what happens. Went and checked the trail cams the other night. Nice and noisy in the woods now :???:... may have to steal Ruppster's crab apples and hunker down with the bow on sunday and hope for the best.

Did 4 day hunt at Meldrum Ck (5-14)& only saw one 4 point taken.Lots of smaller bucks but numbers down for sure.
It's been warm and not much for snow, but that being said... I haven't hunted that area in several years.

Ocean jade
11-28-2019, 12:36 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/blob:http://www.huntingbc.ca/b11a8a49-7bfd-4c31-b8fc-78b44f043f94

Ocean jade
11-28-2019, 01:14 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/blob:http://www.huntingbc.ca/022ea58e-e64f-477b-98d1-e560cda392be

Ocean jade
11-28-2019, 01:15 PM
Trying to post a pic of 2 region 5 4 points we got when it opened back up, no luck posting

warnniklz
11-28-2019, 02:08 PM
Trying to post a pic of 2 region 5 4 points we got when it opened back up, no luck posting

I gotchu... first one didn't come through so good
https://scontent.fyyc3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/77175245_10162833504100387_3325652658294882304_n.j pg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ohc=mW5dV-4WxekAQk1VTYMBc-FAdyNez5QVaI4xAtY11NmBVQhE3bn6H5zZA&_nc_ht=scontent.fyyc3-1.fna&oh=edefc32bbc121c607a09c8323a37a449&oe=5E870538

https://scontent.fyyc3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/77040502_10162833508445387_7675005089349632000_n.j pg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ohc=_lEuwxrQrzoAQlWOo8_6HjxgaW9xuBEUmRMgXa_fpk YIbVxhQjrGEhoaw&_nc_ht=scontent.fyyc3-1.fna&oh=71bdd4d75c1175a99c5ef8909d9fe940&oe=5E7926E8

https://scontent.fyyc3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/77065346_10162833503990387_5176694738652233728_n.j pg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ohc=PhUTrpQwd1kAQlGK00phsWPlAgYjVsdg087icTll6B MFuiZobJmiF_ylA&_nc_ht=scontent.fyyc3-1.fna&oh=88b8f0469b3d4d1c448a43b76ec0191d&oe=5E82EACC

warnniklz
11-28-2019, 02:41 PM
https://scontent.fyyc3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/77064643_10162833670185387_2014587352587960320_n.j pg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ohc=CZbnaTLRLfMAQnFikVF5cGQUF259VaZMU3CKBiAgaK pc8e2ogZUMiEz-g&_nc_ht=scontent.fyyc3-1.fna&oh=3f7305f3e9887edeb9363450eefbd659&oe=5E486072

Bugle M In
11-28-2019, 03:30 PM
Hey...congrats on them.

ghost
11-28-2019, 04:02 PM
Nice bucks way to go

Ajsawden
11-30-2019, 02:34 PM
I was in east side of region 5 for a day of work with my coworker who still has a mulie tag. We finished the job around noon and started driving looking for sign. After 15 minutes i thought hell with it, leta go for a walk. Not 50 yards from the truck i spot a deer. I call my buddy over (he had binos) and point. "Its a buck, i think it's a four." He excitedly whispers, handing me the binos. Im looking and i see a doe, a doe, a doe... Lean a little left, Bingo! Big buck. One of the does buggers off and, uh oh, whitetail. Neither of us have a whitetail tag. Two does walk towards us and buck follows. Nice solid 5x5. Biggest I've ever saw in BC ( i have not seen a ton). Lesson learned, always buy a whitetail tag. This was Thursday. Also saw a cougar.

srupp
11-30-2019, 04:03 PM
Hmmm surprising as whities are really concentrated. .however they are out there.
sounds like a great day...
cheers
steven

Ajsawden
11-30-2019, 04:50 PM
How do you mean, "concentrated"? Thanks

warnniklz
11-30-2019, 07:31 PM
Myself and my brother just finished rifle season off. Not as much movement as last weekend. A lot colder. Shared the area with 1 other guy. Seen a total of 28 or so deer. 1 tall buck we couldn't put 4 on. A dinky 2 point. A good two point and a canker 3 point still chasing tail.

willyqbc
11-30-2019, 07:33 PM
The kid spent all day in the boots thursday.....just over 15km, mostly in the heavy timber, but occasionally popping out into blocks. Saw 14 muley's total, 3 bucks....one was a nice 160" class, but he couldn't get a shot. Last block he popped out in, he found 3 does with this fellow with them. Every deer seen was well away from, or at least out of sight of any roads

https://i.imgur.com/54ypyus.png

Bugle M In
12-01-2019, 10:12 AM
I was in east side of region 5 for a day of work with my coworker who still has a mulie tag. We finished the job around noon and started driving looking for sign. After 15 minutes i thought hell with it, leta go for a walk. Not 50 yards from the truck i spot a deer. I call my buddy over (he had binos) and point. "Its a buck, i think it's a four." He excitedly whispers, handing me the binos. Im looking and i see a doe, a doe, a doe... Lean a little left, Bingo! Big buck. One of the does buggers off and, uh oh, whitetail. Neither of us have a whitetail tag. Two does walk towards us and buck follows. Nice solid 5x5. Biggest I've ever saw in BC ( i have not seen a ton). Lesson learned, always buy a whitetail tag. This was Thursday. Also saw a cougar.
That sucks! but sounds so familiar probably to many members at some point over the years.

Cyrus
12-01-2019, 02:36 PM
Way more activity this last few days since it reopened. The cold and for a change no wind got them moving. All over now.