PDA

View Full Version : Review of Irish Setter Boots

Benthos
10-02-2007, 08:27 PM
I bought a new pair of Irish Setter "Tamarack" 10inch boots in August from wholesale sports.

So far I have been out hunting around 5 days this year looking for moose. The first four days i was walking through swamps, cutblocks in pouring rain, and various other areas. this past weekend i shot a moose that dropped near the water and i was standing in and out of the water for close to 45 minutes while gutting, etc. My feet stayed completely dry the entire time, no leaks. further, they are very comfortable.

just wanted to say how happy i am with this purchase.

thanks

bcfarmer
10-02-2007, 08:36 PM
Well Benthos...I have to agree with you. I have a pair of elk trackers and I think they're a great boot. Like the Irish Setters and will definitely be buying another pair.:grin:

bcf

Mr. Dean
10-02-2007, 08:50 PM
Gentlemen;

If they're any good... You shouldn't need to buy another pair for many, many years to come. Just resole as ya go....

The Dawg
10-02-2007, 09:04 PM
I agree...I bought a pair for this season, and am loving them so far.

lunatic
10-03-2007, 07:10 PM
I also love the boots. I bought a pair of Irish Setter snow pacs. They were great the first two seasons but this year started to leak. Not sure why as I always follow proper care instructions. I do plan on contacting Red Wing Shoes regarding this so we'll see what happens.

Untouchable
10-03-2007, 07:23 PM
Well this is very good news, as I bought a pair yesterday from the states! Went down and dropped a whack of money at Joes, just outside Bellis Fair
in Bellingham. I found their store very nice, and the staff were really knowledgable in terms of what constitutes quality equipment.With our dollar as strong as it is right now, our buying power down south really makes the trip worth while. It a shame that you cant bring ammo back because their ammo is an average of half to a third our price.:cry:

bsa30-06
10-03-2007, 07:40 PM
i bought a pair last year, well worth it feet are always warm , dry, and comfortable.

rockrabbitt
10-03-2007, 08:07 PM
I have had a pair of Irish Setter boots for the last 5 years, got them on a clearance sale for a $100.00, best boots i have ever bought, feet stay dry no matter how wet i get them and the leather has hardly broke down at all.

Frango
10-03-2007, 09:08 PM
I have a pair of elk hunters.I have used them for two years and have never had wet or blistered feet.They still look new after many miles.

kishman
10-03-2007, 09:37 PM
This is my second season in my Deer Trackers no complaints at all. No leaks, very nice fit and all in all holding up nicely.

Bpower
10-06-2007, 07:08 PM
Untouchable,

What is the problem with bringing back ammo?

Canada Customs has no problem with ammo being brought across the border just as long as you have your PAL with you.

Buying ammo in the states is another story. Just pay cash and there shouldn't be much of a problem as long as you look over 21. There are export laws for ammuniton in the states but don't advertise you are Canadian and no body will be wiser.

Walksalot
10-08-2007, 04:42 PM
I have a pair of Elk Trackers and a pair of the 1000 gram ones. Excellent boot.

RMG
10-08-2007, 04:52 PM
I have a pair of Elk Trackers and a pair of the 1000 gram ones. Excellent boot.

Ditto, extremely comfortable, warm and dry, right out of the box 2 seasons ago, and still the same way now.

WoodOx
10-08-2007, 07:05 PM
Theyre great just done take em sheep hunting. No where near enough support.

Elk, moose, deer etc theyre great.

Also a side note: dont dry them too close to the fire :D

CTC
10-17-2007, 01:56 PM
I've got a pair and I'd have to say they're pretty great. I've used them for work during the past two summers in the arctic and they stay very dry (the tundra gets pretty soggy when the top of the perma-frost starts to melt).

One thing to note is that they are built generous in width. I grabbed an extra wide pair because that is what I have worn in other makes. In hindsight I should have been more careful. I don't think I needed the extra wide in the Irish Setter as they can be a bit sloppy if I'm on really rough terrain and not wearing an extra pair of socks.

cdub
10-17-2007, 08:54 PM
I bought a pair about 5 yrs ago. They started leaking about 2 yrs ago, Inow use wp socks in them as they are still in good physical condition. By far the best boots I have bought were my Rocky corn stalkers that never leaked, only wore them out.