PDA

View Full Version : Wonder why game is scarce?

Deer_Slayer
11-05-2019, 12:27 PM
Read this and feel free to puke in anger! This prick has the audacity to whine that because of his age he is suffering a lifetime ban from hunting. Nobody wants to say it for fear of being labelled racist, but ban these people from hunting period. They scoff at our laws, and financial penalties to them are laughable. Read this and understand he is just ONE OF MANY doing this in BC!!!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/hunting-grizzly-bear-liu-guns-1.4974005

twoSevenO
11-05-2019, 01:19 PM
Hunting without tags, hunting out of season, shooting into private land, (likely) illegal guiding, possessing banned parts, record of repeat offending behavior and still only 10 years ban and $3,000 fine .... what's a guy gotta do to get a lifetime ban?

The f***?

Would Rather Be Fishing
11-05-2019, 01:26 PM
"The appeal board also noted Liu's inability to tell the difference between a male and female moose"

'nuf said

sames14
11-05-2019, 01:29 PM
Someone should be looking into illegal CORE courses. What a joke.

Ron.C
11-05-2019, 01:46 PM
This moron needs to be in jail, period

rocksteady
11-05-2019, 01:49 PM
Since he moved back to china, red flag him for non entry back into canada.. fairly easy to do

SemperAurum
11-05-2019, 02:11 PM
Indians are no better. They do the same type of things.

Whites are no better either. One day I would like to hold a forum and tell the world about the busloads of white hunters brought to Gang Ranch in the old days. Bus would pull over and deer would be massacred.

Redthies
11-05-2019, 02:12 PM
The other problem is everyone will equate this trail of bulls#!t with real hunting. This is essentially poaching. The failure of the author to stress that point is a concern. The same author writes most of the stories about illegal “hunting”, but almost always fails to put the appropriate emphasis on the fact that it is illegal.

rocksteady
11-05-2019, 02:20 PM
Gotta disagree.. its not essentially poaching... it is full fledged AAA grade poaching.. he knew what he was doing..

skibum
11-05-2019, 02:23 PM
Indians are no better. They do the same type of things.

Whites are no better either. One day I would like to hold a forum and tell the world about the busloads of white hunters brought to Gang Ranch in the old days. Bus would pull over and deer would be massacred.

For me the issue is about how the media reports and sensationalizes infractions by different groups - (ignoring this story link above).

There is that one chick on Global News who has a very anti scientific game management bias. She has done a lot of anti-grizzly bear stories, etc... Always splashing dudes with their legal kills on the screen as a$$holes. I wonder if she has covered this guy in the past?

caddisguy
11-05-2019, 03:15 PM
Ran into something similar a couple weeks ago...

Hunter: "Have you see any animal? We have a 22"
caddisguy: "Not really, just the grouse we got yesterday"
Hunter: "What's a grouse?"
caddisguy: "A tasty bird"
Hunter: "Oh you so lucky"

After this exchange I wondered

a) How someone could have passed their CORE and not know what a grouse is
b) What they planned on shooting in this valley with a 22 other than grouse (no opening for snowshoe hare)

Anyway, it is definitely irritating how in the article they kept calling these violations "mistakes" ?

Taking the gull bladder... oh just a mistake, nothing to see here
Leaving the meat behind... ooh just a mistake... nothing to see
"Forgetting" where the carcass was left.. oops, just a mistake, no big deal
Misidentifying a cow as a bull moose... thought it was cows with antlers, not bulls... another honest mistake
Forgets where another bear carcass was left.. oops... turns out to be a grizz... oops
"Mistakes" muley for whitetail... just another "mistake"

Anyone who even entertains the idea that any of these were "mistakes" or anything other than blatant disregard for the law and hoping not to get caught is gullible.

jac
11-05-2019, 06:39 PM
10 years not long enough, should be lifetime and pay all the cost associated with the investigation and court fees. as far as I’m concerned don’t come back to Canada!!

SemperAurum
11-05-2019, 07:05 PM
Game is scarce because of wolves, cougars, bears, habitat destruction, impact by speeding vehicle, overhunting by natives, overhunting by others, out of season poaching, destruction of winter range, winter die off and non-management by our wildlife branch. Probably many more reasons.

Drillbit
11-05-2019, 07:14 PM
Game is scarce because of wolves, cougars, bears, habitat destruction, impact by speeding vehicle, overhunting by natives, overhunting by others, out of season poaching, destruction of winter range, winter die off and non-management by our wildlife branch. Probably many more reasons.

Trains too. They plow down a lot of game in the winter.

OneStevo
11-05-2019, 09:50 PM
Ran into something similar a couple weeks ago...

Hunter: "Have you see any animal? We have a 22"
caddisguy: "Not really, just the grouse we got yesterday"
Hunter: "What's a grouse?"
caddisguy: "A tasty bird"
Hunter: "Oh you so lucky"

After this exchange I wondered

a) How someone could have passed their CORE and not know what a grouse is
b) What they planned on shooting in this valley with a 22 other than grouse (no opening for snowshoe hare)

Anyway, it is definitely irritating how in the article they kept calling these violations "mistakes" ?

Taking the gull bladder... oh just a mistake, nothing to see here
Leaving the meat behind... ooh just a mistake... nothing to see
"Forgetting" where the carcass was left.. oops, just a mistake, no big deal
Misidentifying a cow as a bull moose... thought it was cows with antlers, not bulls... another honest mistake
Forgets where another bear carcass was left.. oops... turns out to be a grizz... oops
"Mistakes" muley for whitetail... just another "mistake"

Anyone who even entertains the idea that any of these were "mistakes" or anything other than blatant disregard for the law and hoping not to get caught is gullible.You hit the nail on the head! two options for this guy, deportation with no hopes of return or jail time. And maximum fines either way. His pleading comment about his age and a lifetime hunting ban are simply pathetic and should be the least of his worries. Hunters have a bad enough reputation as it is, without a$$h01e$ like this out there.

HarryToolips
11-05-2019, 10:36 PM
You pretty much got it covered I think....anyways this other asssshat should be thrown in jail in China after breaking our laws..it would be nice at least if it worked that way..

bigredchev
11-06-2019, 05:23 PM
Confiscate, fine, lifetime ban of firearms ans hunting. Deny return.

LBM
11-06-2019, 06:45 PM
Confiscate, fine, lifetime ban of firearms ans hunting. Deny return.
That would have been the best out come for this case

tigrr
11-06-2019, 08:30 PM
The bigger picture. Notice how they mention other hunters. Some of these guys get upwards of $40000 to bring a rich guy from china over here to shoot something. $8000 fine is peanuts. Guys like this even own log houses to host the people in. He says he might hunt on some small trips into Canada. Towing along a very wealthy couple of clients.

pro 111
11-06-2019, 09:54 PM
I totally Agree. Ten year hunting ban . what a bunch of bulshit.. These ****ers are just ruining it for the rest.
This moron needs to be in jail, period

Darksith
11-07-2019, 03:03 AM
they need to start putting a higher value on our wildlife...what is up with these liberal judges

john-brennan
11-07-2019, 08:19 AM
The judicial system in Canada sucks when it comes to dealing with criminal sentencing, way to soft always has been.

BearSupreme
11-07-2019, 08:41 AM
This is ridiculous! They Throw the book at people who report ACTUAL mistakes and then give people a slap on the wrist for denying things that are blatant lies. Do they actually think this is actually going to stop this guy? He was hunting without licenses and out of season before, what is banning him from hunting going to do?!

There is already no enforcement for this kind of stuff. Ive been out hunting hundreds of days and stayed out camping a lot of nights over the last 10 years and have seen more badgers (3) in the bush than Conservation officers (1).
They need to jail this idiot!

J-F
11-07-2019, 05:49 PM
A big problem of the newsline is calling this person a hunter... He is nothing of a hunter. And all other law-abiding hunters get put in the same bag as this poacher.

180grainer
11-08-2019, 09:31 PM
.what is up with these liberal judges

They're Marxists. Duh. Do your research.

scott h
11-09-2019, 09:02 AM
A big reason is the recent increase in the gall bladder, bear paw loving crowd. Luckily they are easy to pick out.

scott h
11-09-2019, 09:06 AM
they need to start putting a higher value on our wildlife...what is up with these liberal judges
Oh they put a high value on our wildlife. They make a $$$$$ on selling gall bladders, bear paws, etc. They don't care about much else than making cash and couldn't care less about animals or the environment. Empathy is a something they generally lack.

butcher
11-09-2019, 10:23 AM
Oh they put a high value on our wildlife. They make a $$$$$ on selling gall bladders, bear paws, etc. They don't care about much else than making cash and couldn't care less about animals or the environment. Empathy is a something they generally lack.

there’s nothing recent about it.

downsouth204
11-09-2019, 11:19 AM
Why only 10 years, lol. Banned from possessing firearms and hunting for life in BC would be more appropriate!

hawk-i
11-09-2019, 12:30 PM
While this one twisted individual certainly hasn't helped with game numbers, he hasn't made much of a decline in any populations as well.

MichelD
11-09-2019, 12:39 PM
I remember when this news story was posted on January 12 that his lawyer said the accused wanted to come back to hunt on his holidays. Nobody in the comments mentioned that seeing as he was resident abroad, it would simply be illegal for him to do that because of residency requirements,never ind all the illegal s**t he was found guilty of.

scott h
11-09-2019, 01:28 PM
there’s nothing recent about it.
I guess the recent aspect is the increase in the amount of these poachers out in the field

butcher
11-09-2019, 01:35 PM
I guess the recent aspect is the increase in the amount of these poachers out in the field

OR.... is it that our awareness of these folks is at an all time high?

SemperAurum
11-12-2019, 01:19 PM
A big reason is the recent increase in the gall bladder, bear paw loving crowd. Luckily they are easy to pick out.

Careful. You sound like Don Cherry, albeit, not nearly as knowledgable.

Deer_Slayer
11-16-2019, 05:53 PM
Do you seriously think he is a isolated case? They get caught with cube vans full of game. Rich Chinese pay these pricks to go and procure game meat for them. The fines are laughable. They line up for "tour" buses every day into the interior to buy land and businesses. They are buying huge parcels of land and making them private hunting grounds for filthy rich Asians.

SemperAurum
11-18-2019, 02:54 PM
In the areas that I hunt I see very few hunters of asian decent. I do however, see lots of white trash that always seem to be hunting and shooting anything available to them and leaving their garbage behind.