PDA

View Full Version : Moose draw 6-09

bosch
10-02-2007, 01:06 PM
I've been reading the forum alot lately, trying to get a feel on the moose population this year and to tell you the truth, according to alot of people, the counts seem down in comparison to the last few seasons. I was fortunate enough to get a draw in 6-09, Smithers area and am leaving this Friday to first go and chase elk around in the Kootenays, then heading up there to hopefully fill a bull tag. Although I have not been there before, I do have the luxury of having a contact there who is an avid hunter and knows the area well. This does'nt mean the hunt will be a success, just helps out a bit. I have hunted the north country and been quite successful in recent years, 100% to be exact in success!, however I have had to work hard for it and I truly believe that I hunt for the love of hunting and meat in the freezer is just a bonus.
Any help or reports of the 6-09 area would be helpful for sightings of moose. i plan on being in there around the 13th. Good luck to all and remember VEGETARIAN is an old indian word for BAD HUNTER!!:wink:

TGF
10-02-2007, 01:12 PM
A buddy of mine got a nice bull up by end of Morice lake. He also saw a few cows up there 10 days ago before he got the bull. Good luck and that is some awesome country that way.