PDA

View Full Version : Anyone wear blaze while hunting.

spock
10-01-2007, 02:07 PM
I've done most of my hunting on private land, so I haven't been too worried about other hunters, will be going out on crown land this november in 8-15 just wondering if any of your wore blaze or what other precautions you took to counteract trigger happy yahoos.

dawn2dusk
10-01-2007, 02:09 PM
If i know there are others hunting in the area or is very popular like 8-15 will be in Nov. I would definitly wear some blaze especially if I am still hunting or moving through bush. Once i get to stand i camo up.

J_T
10-01-2007, 02:13 PM
Nope, camo head to toe for me. Haven't been scoped since I stopped wearing a colour.

ruger#1
10-01-2007, 02:20 PM
No one knows when they have and havent been scoped. Unless they have spotted the spotter. If you do wear blaze, try to find some that is broke up with branch colors going through it, Remember animals can pick out solid colors faster then the ones that are broke up.

308BAR
10-01-2007, 02:23 PM
If I know that there area is hot with pressure from cars and hunters while i'm hiking higher up, I usually pull out my blaze vest and tie it to my pack while I hike. I hate for some buck fevered "a"hole scoping me.

ruger#1
10-01-2007, 02:37 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/Blaze_camo.jpg (http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=6173)

Poguebilt
10-01-2007, 02:51 PM
camo head to toe for me...

will break out the blaze when packing an animal out this year for sure!

Orangethunder
10-01-2007, 03:04 PM
I am usually camo all the way. I do carry an orange touque and some ribbon to blaze up antlers if I am successful. You cant be too careful when you might come across the beer in one hand and gun in the other crowd. Oddly enough they are usually camo clad and dont leave the confines of the truck except to get more booze...:roll:

Will
10-01-2007, 03:05 PM
Normally I do not....but like others I do carry a Blaze vest occasionally that I'll put on if moving through bush close to roads and such.

Sharkey
10-01-2007, 03:10 PM
I wear Camo - head to toe but also have a blaze hat, and a headband that's camo on one side and blaze on the other for when we're hiking/tracking. I never thought of using the blaze tape on the rack though - great idea. And I like the blaze/camo jacket photo posted below. Great ideas.

johnes50
10-01-2007, 03:22 PM
I would if I was hunting in an area with a high concentration of hunters. But most places I go to I rarely see anyone else. My son likes to wear a blaze hat all the time.

tooty
10-01-2007, 04:10 PM
There is a story of a hunter that was shot in a treestand that was wearing blaze.The hunter that shot him said (while he was in court) .... wait for it, I THOUGHT HE WAS A DEER.Yes it was in the states.

Deerwhacker
10-01-2007, 04:25 PM
There is a story of a hunter that was shot in a treestand that was wearing blaze.The hunter that shot him said (while he was in court) .... wait for it, I THOUGHT HE WAS A DEER.Yes it was in the states. Are you sure it dident go more like this..." I dun thought he was a deer , a hyuk" at least thats how i picture it being.
Personaly im all camoed out most of the time but when hunting in the princeton area in october i where my red hockey canada hat.

Wildfoot
10-01-2007, 04:28 PM
i wear a blaze orange softshell or red fleece when hiking for fun or when hiking to an area that im going to hunt in. I usually just wear a camo hoodie when im actually hunting. blaze if its raining - just cause my rainjacket is blaze.

I also wear blaze while walking around kamloops! cant be too safe around some of these drivers!

tooty
10-01-2007, 04:29 PM
You are not saying what I think your saying about Princeton hunters.?Are ya now,huh?

happygilmore
10-02-2007, 06:07 AM
Did a search for injury stats and came across a report of all hunting accidents for Canada, USA, Mexico. for the year 1997. Canada had 40 injuries/deaths that year the usa like 900+. They had the stats for hunters wearing blaze and hunters not wearing blaze and the blaze had 29 deaths and the non blaze had 24. so I guess it's safer to be in camo!

Radar
10-02-2007, 06:16 AM
I think the 29 blaze victims were hit by drivers on roads thinking they were pylons and trying to run them over....

Cedarstrip
10-02-2007, 06:43 AM
Didn't it used to be law that you had to wear some orange or red? Or is my aged mind going a little further into the abyss?
Anyways, I'm with most of you guys. Mostly camo or darker colours unless I figure there's others around.

Gateholio
10-02-2007, 10:54 AM
Did a search for injury stats and came across a report of all hunting accidents for Canada, USA, Mexico. for the year 1997. Canada had 40 injuries/deaths that year the usa like 900+. They had the stats for hunters wearing blaze and hunters not wearing blaze and the blaze had 29 deaths and the non blaze had 24. so I guess it's safer to be in camo!

The BC regulations used to have a chart with # of hunter accidents and deaths per year. IN BC, the number of hunters that get mistakenly shot is virtually non existent ...;)

TGF
10-02-2007, 11:12 AM
Only when I go back to Ontario where it is required by law. Here in BC I always go camo.

Dayto
10-02-2007, 11:31 AM
always blade toque , and if im moving around lots through the woods I wear a Blaze jacket that I sprayed painted olive,black to break up the pattern looks great in the woods

Drachen Jager
10-02-2007, 11:42 AM
I just did a quick search for hunting related deaths. In the past year I could only find one reference to a fatal shooting in Canada...

And it was an American, go figure.

Wife shot her husband in Nfld. she claims she thought he was a bear...

Deerwhacker
10-02-2007, 05:55 PM
You are not saying what I think your saying about Princeton hunters.?Are ya now,huh?Hey im a princeton hunter myself occasionally but you gotta wear something visible when theres about 80 thousand other hunters on the road system.

ruger#1
10-02-2007, 05:58 PM
80 thousand , Thats why i stay off of the road. Might get hit by a truck.

kjohn
10-02-2007, 09:27 PM
I am from good ol' Sask. You are required to wear all white with red or blaze headgear, all red, or all blaze. Heck, I even wear blaze underwear! I've been hunting whitetails out here for 40 years and have managed. Over the years, I have finally assembled a hodge-podge of free stuff, bought stuff, hats, toques, overalls, jackets, etc, all in blaze. The best little jacket I have in blaze came free from a guy who thought he had won a free "Polaris" jacket in a radio contest. "Sure", he says, "send it to me in the mail". When it arrived, it was a blaze orange "Belarus" tractor jacket, about as ugly as you could get. He gave it to me. I still laugh when I think about that jacket. It works great to seal out the wind. I finally found a pair of overalls that fit me properly. I had some that were a little short in the body part, if you know what I mean. I had to walk sort of hunched over to avoid any undue pressure. :tongue::tongue:

RMG
10-05-2007, 11:11 PM
Camo, head to toe. I figure if some nutz gonna shot at me, the less they see of me the better for me.

diggerpax
10-06-2007, 12:48 AM
It's required during rifle season in Wyoming- no choice. Some of these guys that come out on their once annual "hunting trip" from the city make me nervous. I even orange up my horses and mules when we pack in- buckskin with black legs isn't exactly the best color to be come October.

sealevel
10-06-2007, 05:29 AM
Camo head to toe. started that hunting in the elk valley in the 80s . three guys floating down the croaked river in a boat moose hunting . all three had blaze orange on were all shot by a guy... who said in court i thought it was a moose. this was about 35 years ago.

kjohn
10-06-2007, 03:47 PM
Diggerpax: I hear ya!!! I, too get a little nervous when I see the big, hauncho pickup with 27" tractor tires, at least one $10,000 quad in the box. After reading the "What is your longest shot" thread, I am considering perhaps installing a revolving red beacon on my hat, too!! Most of the local hunters struggle along with the regulation clothing. As far as the "hunters shot while wearing blaze orange clothing" stories, well....what can you say.:tongue::tongue:

huntwriter
10-06-2007, 07:53 PM
If I know that are other hunters in an area I am hunting I definitely will wear a blaze orange vest and cap. Once in my stand I take the vest and cap off. As for those that are worried critters might spot them when wearing a blaze orange vest. I have never found this to be true. In fact some years back I had a doe walk right past me leaning against a tree at about 15 yards. After a very close shave with destiny, to close for comfort, – I still have the scares to prove it – I wouldn’t care if an animal would spot me. Given the choice, I rather lose a critter than my live. As a husband and brother I owed to my wife and family to do everything in my power to return home in one piece and alive.:wink:

Gateholio
10-06-2007, 08:54 PM
I just did a quick search for hunting related deaths. In the past year I could only find one reference to a fatal shooting in Canada...

And it was an American, go figure.

Wife shot her husband in Nfld. she claims she thought he was a bear...

It's odd....many eastern hunters believe that to hunt without blaze is "unsafe"

I've never felt the need. BC hunters tend not to shoot each other due to mistaken identity. In fact, you are much more likely to trip and break you r ankle, or get in a MVA than get shot....

propfwd
10-06-2007, 09:35 PM
I'm moving to New Zealand and have been checking up on thier hunting regs and found on a government website a whole bunch of studies on whether blaze works as a saftey tool or not from all over the world and all the stats show that blaze does not help and in certain light conditions actually looks very close to several deer species hide colors i.e early season blacktail and various others. I prefer full cammo so that I am less conspicuous to others therfore less likely to be seen and shot.

Brambles
10-06-2007, 09:44 PM
I don't wear blaze or any loud colors while hunting, I don't WANT to be seen, plus the bush normally thick in the places I hunt so in order for someone to see you they would have to be fairly close, I would see them coming before they see me, and I rarely see anyone in the places I go. That being said I have a bright Yellow ATV, mainly because I will probably loose it if it wasn't so bright:lol:

Hell I went to the kamloops area a few years ago and only seen one other hunter, before that I headed West to Headly-Princeton and only saw one other group of hunters, guess I have a knack for picking quiet spots8) maybe thats why I don't shoot anything big:roll: gotta pound the bush with the masses.......nah

The Hermit
10-07-2007, 09:39 AM
I had a couple guys walk within twenty yards of my treestand, they were wearing blaze, talking in normal voices, and smoking... for a second there I thought they were deer!

Thought that having a paint ball gun for those situations would be fun and kinda helpful for those fellas, you know make them multi-colored with flurescent paint!! ;-)

brian
10-07-2007, 10:10 AM
I found a great article about deer vision here (http://www.qdma.com/articles/details.asp?id=48)

I have a pet theory that in daylight, when a deer is looking at you. It technically isn't looking at you but aiming its other more powerful sense organs in your direction. The deers eyes do not face directly forward and therefore they should have more limited vision directly in front of them. This eye configuration gives them much better peripheral vision and allows for a much broader range of sight. Put this together with their colour blindness and inability to see detail, its clear that their vision is designed to see motion. So it is probably more effective to break up your silhouette and mask defining features.

I found blaze orange hats to be really helpful when we were hunting as a group. We could keep tabs on each other so much easier. I think many of the 'studies' done about the efficacy of blaze orange don't tell you the whole story. It is really hard to tell how many times someone wasn't shot because they were wearing it.

BCLongshot
10-07-2007, 11:27 AM
If you take a damn shot or scope me boy You better run !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dougan
10-07-2007, 11:55 AM
I Use An Orange Touque How The Hell You Spell That Anyway Just A Little PeiCe Of Mind I Guess

Gunsmoke
10-07-2007, 02:00 PM
Yep; an orange cap or toque as a rule,

In '93 near Kelowna, my father-in-law and I were positioned near the top of a large clearcut and we were both wearing blaze orange camo pattern caps I might add. We were both scoped by a young lady and later when we caught up to her and asked why, she responded "I don't have binos..." After my father-in-law and I had a "discussion" with her and her squeeze, they left quickly and were never seen again in our area during that hunt....

In '96, one morning in late November (in the dark) I was hunkered down beneath a large pine tree along a ridge overlooking a large open area below. A small truck pulled in on an old skidder trail about 50 yards away and above me. With the truck still running, I could hear the driver get out and quickly load his rifle while I fumbled with a mini-Mag flashlight in my pocket. I gave him a few spots from my flashlight and when he saw it, he unloaded his rifle and drove off.

With two small boys and a wife at home; it's an orange cap or toque for me....

Gunsmoke

BiG Boar
07-03-2008, 05:52 PM
I am thinking that most of you people have binoed someone eles out there before. That being said I am betting some people dont have binos. And they aint shooting with open sights, nuff said. I prefer a lifted f350 for my blaze pattern. Never get scoped, never get shot at. haha, road hunters

Jelvis
07-03-2008, 06:01 PM
Color don't matter much if you break it up, deer don't see color they see reflection. So if you wear soft material and not shiny plastic stuff, they will walk right up, if you don't move, with any color, even blaze orange, it's the type of surface material you need to choose. Material type that doesn't reflect light. Jel

riflebuilder
07-03-2008, 07:08 PM
I can see camo it stands out like a sore thumb, but blaze orange just dissapears against any green. So if you want to hide from us color blind guys keep the orange on.

huntcoop
07-03-2008, 07:09 PM
I've never worn blaze, they can't hit what they can't see.

oddsix
07-03-2008, 08:57 PM
I dont own one single item of blaze, im all about the plaid

Phreddy
07-03-2008, 10:30 PM
You are not saying what I think your saying about Princeton hunters.?Are ya now,huh?
We're just fine up here in sunny Princeton. It's the yokels from out of the area that seem to be the most problems. I know. I usually end up cleaning up their messes when they leave. Got shot at once, and the only other person in the general area was from the coast. All I heard was the wack of the bullet into the tree in front of me followed by a very loud bang, then after letting a yell out of me I heard footsteps hot footing it down the hill through the bush. I won't tell you what nationality the guy I saw was, but he was camped with a whole bunch of the same folks further up the hill.
Just anpother reason why you won't find me hunting up the Lamont/Whipsaw are anymore.

hunter1947
07-04-2008, 06:27 AM
Never have put blaze orange on me.

kennyj
07-04-2008, 06:52 AM
I have a reversible camo blaze orange hat.When an animal is down I wear blaze orange.Also packing out antlers and I add some orange ribbons to the antlers for extra safety.
Kenny

shotgunjohn
07-04-2008, 07:43 AM
I also hang ribbons of orange flagging tape from antlers if I'm packing them. If you see those antlers with the tape twisting in the wind it shows up immediately. Figure if someone still shoots at me then I'm getting ready to shoot back.

Ron.C
07-04-2008, 08:19 AM
During the archery only season no, but once the gun season opens and If I am moving, you bet I wear an orange hat. I don't see how can it hurt? Years ago when used to gun hunt on the island, I always wore an orange hat as well. When I was sitting on a stand, I would hang the hat on a limb well above me.

newhunterette
07-04-2008, 11:37 AM
I don't wear blaze - hubby made me a special hat to wear and I always get to walk ahead of him - seems I blend in with all the critters hehehehehe go figure

on a more serious note - it usually depends on the time of year and weather for what we choose to wear for camo etc.

mrdoog
07-04-2008, 10:15 PM
I only hunt in the colours the good Lord gave me.
In order to meet decency laws in heavily hunted areas I do wear a camo thong.

BCBear
10-06-2016, 09:58 PM
when kids are on the hunt there's nothing in the chamber and orange lids for each of them

walks with deer
10-10-2016, 09:37 PM
I wear orange all the time...kids wear it too

Surrey Boy
10-10-2016, 09:45 PM
I wear reflective clothing at night.

Treed
10-10-2016, 11:12 PM
I was in the bush wearing a cruising vest and orange hard hat and had a deer walk up 20
ft from me. It kept looking at me but couldn't figure the picture out. Walked by and caught my scent and took off like an arrow. Had my new west Siberian Laika puppy out this weekend and had him wearing blaze. Looks too much like a coyote or young wolf. He even treed a bobcat. Not bad for 4 months.

kevan
10-11-2016, 05:42 AM
I am from good ol' Sask. You are required to wear all white with red or blaze headgear, all red, or all blaze. Heck, I even wear blaze underwear! I've been hunting whitetails out here for 40 years and have managed. Over the years, I have finally assembled a hodge-podge of free stuff, bought stuff, hats, toques, overalls, jackets, etc, all in blaze. The best little jacket I have in blaze came free from a guy who thought he had won a free "Polaris" jacket in a radio contest. "Sure", he says, "send it to me in the mail". When it arrived, it was a blaze orange "Belarus" tractor jacket, about as ugly as you could get. He gave it to me. I still laugh when I think about that jacket. It works great to seal out the wind. I finally found a pair of overalls that fit me properly. I had some that were a little short in the body part, if you know what I mean. I had to walk sort of hunched over to avoid any undue pressure. :tongue::tongue:

Your coveralls have one thing in common with a Tim Hortons..... no ballroom..

Redneck Rocket
10-11-2016, 09:16 AM
I usually wear an orange hat, and I pack in a big orange vest which I can throw on if packing out an animal.

mpotzold
10-11-2016, 09:51 AM
As I said many times before I want to be seen by other hunters!
A colleague wearing camo when it first became popular was shot at more than once in the Quesnel area if I recall. Luckily the asshead missed. The colleague never hunted again.

batman66
10-12-2016, 07:44 PM
I usually wear blue jeans and a black jean jacket, sometimes a camo hoodie. The deer don't know the difference. That being said it is amazing how many other hunters I have met that do not use binos.

wicket
10-12-2016, 08:15 PM
I have hunted BC 6 times with my Brother under permit to accompany. each and every time I have had on at minimum a blase vest...solid orange and a blaze hat of some sort...ball cap or toque. I really dont see any reason not too.

metalface
10-12-2016, 08:18 PM
i'll chuck on an orange toque or hat if I'm moving around or hunting near anyone

Bugle M In
10-12-2016, 10:15 PM
As I said many times before I want to be seen by other hunters!
A colleague wearing camo when it first became popular was shot at more than once in the Quesnel area if I recall. Luckily the asshead missed. The colleague never hunted again.

Question...how bad is it out there these days with hunters being shot at by other hunters.
I can imagine back in the 70's it was bad at times, as everyone could go hunting....
just flip some cash, buy some tags, and buy a rifle or 2.
Back tan, Everything was OPEN to shoot!!!, Every species was open for the most part, and almost no point restriction etc.
Now days, we have CORE, limited species to hunt, LEH, and quite often, point restriction.
I lost count how many times as a kid, I would hear that someone shot an ELK....only to find out it was a MOOSE:shock:
But hey...back then, most hunters carried an elk tag and a moose tag, as they were both open....
Scary, and why my father always took me somewhere, where there were "less hunters".
It may have meant less game, but less problems.
i.e. he went to the Bull River once....never went back.
But anyways, how many hunter shooting incidences still occur in BC yearly??
The one thing I will never, ever do, is where a "White Shirt or whit t shirt"!!
I have heard of a few people who ended up being shot, because either it was hot that day, and took off there jacket,
or had a white shirt on underneath another shirt that was unbuttoned.
People saw white flashing, and think it was a deer....boom....dead hunter.
One was a father years ago, who shot his own son.
I think it happened back east just a couple years back.... again.
I don't where orange....but I would never laugh at someone who did....
I do carry a red toque along...just in case...especially when elk hunting.....lost count how many other hunters I
have called in over the years.

mpotzold
10-12-2016, 11:19 PM
I usually wear blue jeans and a black jean jacket, sometimes a camo hoodie. The deer don't know the difference. That being said it is amazing how many other hunters I have met that do not use binos.

Every now & then we also see hunters without binos.
No doubt they're at a huge disadvantage. What concerns me is when they use their rifle scope as a substitute. I've been using Bushnell 10x42 for many years & Eve uses the Vortex Viper 10x42. They are indispensable for hunters.

-GOOD ARTICLE-Glassing for Game
http://www.rmef.org/TheHunt/During/Glassing.aspx

mpotzold
11-25-2016, 08:09 PM
Just yesterday dad was killed by his son in a hunting accident. Investigation is ongoing.
It's unlikely the dad wore hunter orange (not required in NY).
What a tragic story!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3972818/Son-shoots-father-dead-Thanksgiving-hunting-trip-mistaking-deer.html

okas
11-25-2016, 08:45 PM
Camo:razz: gone are the days of the real hunter i do not want to be seen and hide when i see others in the timber

Piperdown
11-26-2016, 07:56 AM
When walking the timber i always were my trusty orange hat.

Buck
11-26-2016, 10:40 AM

Yep usually wear a blaze orange hat.I would rather not but i have run in to some very unfit for the woods fuds out there.

ajr5406
11-26-2016, 05:03 PM

Same here.

Its amazing how a blaze orange hat of a hunter can stand out. I know there are mixed opinions on this, but i'd certainly rather be seen by other hunters than not.

Piperdown
11-27-2016, 07:37 AM
Same here.

Its amazing how a blaze orange hat of a hunter can stand out. I know there are mixed opinions on this, but i'd certainly rather be seen by other hunters than not.

Case in point a few years ago i was walking an area, hat on, bumped into 2 other hunters on my way out no orange on them. I come out and up to the road a guy is standing on his running board, gun over the top of the truck using his scope for binos. I say what the hell are you doing he says I saw something moving in the timber, i tell him yes you saw 2 hunters walking that area and next time use your binos. He said he saw me coming no problem because of my hat, lucky me!

Walksalot
11-27-2016, 07:55 AM
Blaze orange disappears at dusk and dawn hours. Ask a golfer and they will tell you a fluorescent green is a better color to stand out in low light conditions.

ajr5406
11-27-2016, 08:45 AM
Case in point a few years ago i was walking an area, hat on, bumped into 2 other hunters on my way out no orange on them. I come out and up to the road a guy is standing on his running board, gun over the top of the truck using his scope for binos. I say what the hell are you doing he says I saw something moving in the timber, i tell him yes you saw 2 hunters walking that area and next time use your binos. He said he saw me coming no problem because of my hat, lucky me!

Its frightening to hear of this happening, and it seems to happen way more than it should. Perhaps it should be illegal to rifle-hunt without binos?

brian
11-27-2016, 11:12 AM
Perhaps it should be illegal to rifle-hunt without binos? That would be one of those dumb laws made with good intentions. Just picture it, Co pulls you over,
"Can I see your bino's sir?"
"Ahhh man I accidentally left them on the counter at home!" you answer honestly.
"Hunting without binos, I am going to have to write you up for a $500 fine and escort you out of the forest!"

mpotzold
11-27-2016, 12:00 PM
Blaze orange disappears at dusk and dawn hours. Ask a golfer and they will tell you a fluorescent green is a better color to stand out in low light conditions.

I guess it depends how dark it is! No doubt it is not as effective.
A few days ago a hunter? shot his brother in the head thinking he was a coyote or small doe.

He was in a rush to take the shot because it was getting dark.
South Carolina requires hunter orange in general so more than likely the father & the 2 sons wore hunter orange.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3941470/Man-fatally-shot-brother-South-Carolina-hunting-trip.html

This is the reason we wear hunting orange

http://www.ski-epic.com/2011_deer_hunting_fort_peck_montana/p62s_hunter_orange_on_side_of_hill_fort_peck_monta na.jpg

lovemywinchester
11-27-2016, 02:59 PM
I have a reversible hat I sometimes wear while hunting but I usually keep it in my pack for when I feel I need it. I will wear it while walking out or in at dusk and dawn. If I am hunting with a partner close by I will throw it on or if I hear shots or quads going around near me. Generally just walking out at dusk. It does make me feel safer, there is no doubt about that.

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l573/zippogold/033_zps9fv0xdry.jpg (http://s1124.photobucket.com/user/zippogold/media/033_zps9fv0xdry.jpg.html)

Piperdown
11-27-2016, 03:35 PM
Hey Winchester nice pic but man can't you find a better looking hunting partner :mrgreen:

ekul246
11-27-2016, 04:29 PM
Have never had any blaze orange and didn't want to pay up for anything in that colour. Last spring i picked up a few square feet of blaze orange cotton fabric for $5(which was surprisingly hard to find actually). Since wife didn't have a sewing machine, I asked my mommy to sew me up two handkerchiefs. Wore it around my neck while out in October. Worked great to cover my face when the wind picked up. $2.50 a piece. Doesn't mean I will always wear it.....but have it if I feel I need it.

ajr5406
11-27-2016, 08:08 PM
Have never had any blaze orange and didn't want to pay up for anything in that colour. Last spring i picked up a few square feet of blaze orange cotton fabric for $5(which was surprisingly hard to find actually). Since wife didn't have a sewing machine, I asked my mommy to sew me up two handkerchiefs. Wore it around my neck while out in October. Worked great to cover my face when the wind picked up. $2.50 a piece. Doesn't mean I will always wear it.....but have it if I feel I need it.

Or or you can pick up a $6 orange torque at Canadian T?

lovemywinchester
11-27-2016, 09:41 PM
Hey Winchester nice pic but man can't you find a better looking hunting partner :mrgreen:

He looks like a skinny Gatehouse in this pic. :p I don't have kids so Captain Al comes in handy when it's time to drag a deer out.

Glenny
11-27-2016, 10:16 PM
Hey I know. Lets stop bringing up this shyte subject. Know wuh I mean?

luger
11-28-2016, 08:17 AM
My brother had a guy scope him at 300 yards in end of October. The guy got down and even put his rifle on his pack to get a sturdy shot. My brother then opened up the inside of his jacket which is blaze and started walking towards the guy. The guy grabbed his stuff and ran down the mountain and took off in his truck before my brother could get to him. I feel like people should be reminded that it's illegal to point a firearm at a person at any time, and to the guys that have got scoped. If you get a chance take a photo of the guy and truck as well as license plate. You might be saving the life of a future fellow hunter by calling the cops.

Piperdown
11-28-2016, 05:05 PM
He looks like a skinny Gatehouse in this pic. :p I don't have kids so Captain Al comes in handy when it's time to drag a deer out.

lol i am sure Gatehouse will say he is better looking