PDA

View Full Version : Powell River anyone?

blackford
10-22-2019, 10:06 PM
Hi Guys,

So I have one mule deer tag left. Long story short is I am off to Powell River for work. I have Sunday free and was supposed to hunt with someone that's working in our Powell river office. long story short is the guy can't get out because he is going to the island. We were going to go to texada or even hunt Powell River. the issue now is he can't go and my truck is with my wife in Alberta as she is visiting family and moving some stuff from her sisters.

I am going to have the wife car and she told me not to take it off road. Its low to the ground and it will scrape. so I am looking for somewhere where I can either rent a quad or hike into some hunting areas on Sunday... if anyone here is from Powell River and wants to rent out a atv or razor or even split the deer tag I am all game.

northof49
10-23-2019, 05:57 AM
Don’t worry about the ground clearance, just use a little more speed. That rock will be good for traction. Being a little lower will also help when pushing through the tighter brushy areas

blackford
10-23-2019, 07:29 AM
��. Ha. Thanks

mjplewak
10-24-2019, 10:47 AM
If clearance is your problem, just go to Texada. There is huntable ground accessible via pavement. The gravel roads leading out of Van Anda on the northeast side of the islands paralleling the gas pipe line are in good enough shape for a low car too.

blackford
10-24-2019, 09:50 PM
Gonna give it a go. Worst case scenario...I get fresh air.

northof49
10-25-2019, 05:12 PM
Nice....I foresee a night in the doghouse.... but she will get over the pin stripes and stains in the trunk!!

Mark-R
10-25-2019, 08:38 PM
Being a little lower will also help when pushing through the tighter brushy areas

oh man that made me laugh!

If you have low profile rims, that's a bonus, cause when you'll flat you'll hardly lose any clearance.

blackford
10-26-2019, 09:27 PM
well thanks for the private messages and for the guys who decided to be jokers.

went out this morning in PR and drove to where I could. I walked in and within the first 45 minutes I had to roll up my sleeves . Buck DOWN!. A great guy was out quadding and put it on his quad.. drove it to his truck and asked if he could debone it for me. I gave him a good amount of meat and made sure he wasn't thirsty... tag cut. its great meat. thanks for all your help

Mark-R
10-27-2019, 07:58 AM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7634&stc=1

Knute
10-27-2019, 08:53 AM
^^^^^^^^ I agree with Colonel John "Hannibal" Smith^^^^^^^^^^

albravo2
10-27-2019, 09:00 AM
Nice! Well done. Any photos?

northof49
10-27-2019, 06:26 PM
Awesome....well done!