PDA

View Full Version : Fort St. James/LEH any bull

papaken
09-30-2007, 11:41 PM
:-D Leaving Friday for 7:25 hunt.:-D Just wondering if any one has any info ie: rut? current weather? does calling work in the area? seen any moose? Also taking a boat thought we might try hunting some of the lakes. Is there much elk around as I see they are open 'til the 9th? That would be a real bonus! Thanks in advance for any info papaken

TGF
10-01-2007, 06:53 AM
Kloch lake is thick with some ignorant hunters according to my connection in Tachie area. Parking their big rigs so no one can have access to lake. Lucky I wasn't there. Sorry thats 7-26. People like that irk me.
Buddy shot a 2 pointer even though he had a big bull draw in that area around Cunningham. I have been seeing some moose on Stuart. I'm sure they are starting to rut now up there.
Elk as previously mentioned on some posts....the big boys have been hunted for a few years now so a little wary.
Good luck.

papaken
10-01-2007, 08:20 AM
Thanks TGF. Glad your buddy got his (better a 2 point than no moose at all) My partner has a cow draw for 7-26 so we will be hunting both areas when it opens on the 10th.

Mini_Me
10-01-2007, 04:21 PM
That's where I'm currently hunting. I have seen only one and it was a big fat cow.
The weather is pretty cruddy right now, it snowed brefly the other day.
Elk are pretty hard to find up here but you might see the odd one.
Good luck. Have a safe trip and hunt.

papaken
10-01-2007, 09:12 PM
Thanks Cody. Hope your hunt gets better. Good Luck!

Mini_Me
10-02-2007, 08:22 AM
Thanks
Oh yeah get a bear tag there are a ton here.

papaken
10-02-2007, 10:54 AM
Got one! Like to mix bear and deer for sausage. mmmmh!
thx