PDA

View Full Version : Liability insurance

lakelander
10-17-2019, 11:13 AM
Going to try my hand at ducks and geese. Where can I buy the mandatory $1M liability insurance and anyone know much the cost is? Thanks.

Iron Glove
10-17-2019, 11:19 AM
Take a photo copy of your Homeowners or Tenants Package Policy with you.

lakelander
10-17-2019, 11:35 AM
Take a photo copy of your Homeowners or Tenants Package Policy with you.

Thanks. I didn't know it was covered by a home owners policy. I thought you needed some special hunting liability insurance or something. Good to know. Cheers

oilcountry
10-17-2019, 12:06 PM
You get 1M liability insurance with a a membership to BCWF

Redthies
10-17-2019, 02:19 PM
Thanks. I didn't know it was covered by a home owners policy. I thought you needed some special hunting liability insurance or something. Good to know. Cheers

I’d be pretty careful about that. I doubt your homeowners policy covers you shooting on public land. As oilcountry said, BCWF membership comes with what you need. I’d love to watch someone try and convince a CO that their homeowners policy was sufficient!

Arctic Lake
10-17-2019, 02:49 PM
CCFR. I think Membership gives you $5,000,000. Liability with $1000.00 Deductible . You need to check this yourself Iam not responsible for what I mentioned
Arctic Lake

Iron Glove
10-17-2019, 03:11 PM
I’d be pretty careful about that. I doubt your homeowners policy covers you shooting on public land. As oilcountry said, BCWF membership comes with what you need. I’d love to watch someone try and convince a CO that their homeowners policy was sufficient!

Your HO Policy covers your legal liability arising out of most all of your legal, personal activities.
It, like virtually all Liability policies will exclude any liability arising out of any illegal activities.
Yes BCWF Membership, which I have, does cover your legal liabilities arising out of legal hunting activities just offering up an alternative to those who are not BCWF Members.

whitlers
10-17-2019, 03:41 PM

Lots of home insurance policies have a public liability clause. I have used mine for years no issues. Just another option for those who dont want to support the BCWF

silveragent
10-17-2019, 03:48 PM
If you are a member of a gun club they may provide insurance as part of it. PCDHFC provides liability for hunting and fishing activities.

tigrr
10-17-2019, 08:06 PM
silvercore gun club Vancouver
Every membership comes with 10 million in liability insurance for hunting and shooting related activities

alpinedust
04-19-2020, 12:03 PM
When do we need insurance? Can't find anything in regs

silveragent
04-19-2020, 12:22 PM
I can only speak about waterfowling in the LML. To do that you need the Fraser Valley Special Area permit and a requirement of that is to have proof of insurance.

russm
04-19-2020, 12:35 PM
Homeowners insurance or bc wildlife,I've got both,also need migratory game and Fraser valley permit

alpinedust
04-19-2020, 12:43 PM
I can only speak about waterfowling in the LML. To do that you need the Fraser Valley Special Area permit and a requirement of that is to have proof of insurance.
Thank you! I want to try waterfowl hunting but hopefully I can find a watershed that is less busy ����