PDA

View Full Version : Whats Going On in PG?

The Hermit
09-30-2007, 06:14 PM
I have an LEH any bull moose and had planned to head up to 7-16B this Thursday for the Thanksgiving weekend BUT the WD was giving me major grief ... "I've invited my whole family for dinner", "you have already had two weeks hunting", "you are being selfish", "our daughter is coming home for the weekend" and on and on. I don't call her the war department for nothing! So...

It looks like my PG excursion will have to wait till Oct 11, 112, 13, 14, and 15th. What is going on with the rut now and what is likely to be happening on my new dates?

moose hunter
09-30-2007, 06:17 PM
i aint seen a thing but the dude contracting our new shop has the same leh and he said after he went up there he was dissapointed but there was still some signs of moose and the odd elk

sealevel
09-30-2007, 06:19 PM
come on hermit be a man tell her who`s boss....if she lets you

The Dawg
09-30-2007, 06:22 PM
I got a bull last monday...seen a few up here already...heard a few calling as well, so I think its starting up...PM if you need info

elkdom
09-30-2007, 06:37 PM
Dont sweat it,the bulls that start in late SEPT rut will be chasing mature cows untill they no longer come into estrus, I have observed that taking place as late mid January, and that takes place within veiw of my living room picture window year after year, so if there are bulls in the area you were heading Oct 2,4,6, they will still be lookin for love Oct 12,15,17....they dont stop till they are Done, and that takes some time if there are good population of moose where you hunt,clear cuts, meadows, willow swamps, water , GOOD LUCK!,

Krico
09-30-2007, 06:41 PM
Generally speaking the rut up here peaks right about now. There will still be moose rutting on Oct 11, but it will be slowed from the current pace. The best thing to do if you have an any bull LEH is get your trip in before the calf season begins, on Oct 10. That's when every road hunting bubba for 800km cruises the local FSRs. It can be a very busy time. Still lots of good quiet areas though if you are willing to walk...

elkdom
09-30-2007, 06:47 PM
YOU probably know this but if you see a cow moose or even better a couple of cow moose be patient at this time of year a bull or BULLS very well be near,if they look behind into willow or bush there is most likely a bull in that area, watch what the cows tell ya !

ratherbefishin
09-30-2007, 07:00 PM
any of the fabled ''2pt immature''bulls to be seen?

The Dawg
09-30-2007, 07:08 PM
any of the fabled ''2pt immature''bulls to be seen?

Thats what I got last Monday :) Saw him with a cow and also have seen a few bulls, as well as a TON of other cows

moose hunter
09-30-2007, 07:14 PM
Noah...where the hell were you????

moosecaller
09-30-2007, 08:12 PM
The moose are in rut and will still be in rut when you get here, don't worry your change in plans are a small price to keep everyone happy! You'll do just fine during your new timeframe. There are lots of moose around, again don't sweat it.

Benthos
10-02-2007, 08:24 PM
i got my bull leh in 7-16 this past weekend as well. the moose are definitely rutting right now...

very few hunters out right now. as mentioned, many of the areas become a gong show as soon as calf season opens..

todbartell
10-02-2007, 08:52 PM
few hours south west of PG, saw a nice bull with two mature cows, and heard a cow calling in the distance

should be good hunting for a couple weeks for sure

Fisher-Dude
10-02-2007, 09:06 PM
... BUT the WD was giving me major grief ... "I've invited my whole family for dinner", "you have already had two weeks hunting", "you are being selfish", "our daughter is coming home for the weekend" and on and on. I don't call her the war department for nothing! So...

Yup, I wanna get married REAL SOON! :rolleyes:

All I hear from PG is that some lunatic is running naked thru the streets - beware of this man!

http://usera.imagecave.com/BCWILL/ForSaleStuff/tb1.JPG

todbartell
10-02-2007, 09:21 PM
when I thought only Will was a creepy stalker, now I find out an old geezer is saving pictures of me too! :o :-(

SLIK
10-02-2007, 10:19 PM
I got an LEH for 7-16a. Both the Hodda lake and Parsnip FSR's got washed out this last spring so It's pretty tough to access about half the area. We ended taking a jet boat in a couple weeks ago, but got shut out. Too hot the whole time, like 20 C during the day.

lip_ripper00
10-02-2007, 10:24 PM
I got an LEH for 7-16a. Both the Hodda lake and Parsnip FSR's got washed out this last spring so It's pretty tough to access about half the area. We ended taking a jet boat in a couple weeks ago, but got shut out. Too hot the whole time, like 20 C during the day.

Parsnip frs is open :wink:

Benthos
10-02-2007, 11:08 PM
my draw was for 7-16a, and i got my moose.

the parsnip is washed out if you access it from windy point, but you can access it from the hodda. just drive through, it looks iffy but is solid underneath

actually, just after i shot mine, about 20 minutes later i saw a bigger bull in 7-16a:eek:

mine was just a small guy 3x4, but should provide some excellent table fare

watch out, we saw soooo many black bears and grizzly sign throughout the hodda area.

76Chevy
10-02-2007, 11:35 PM
just got back from a hunt out that way.

not much happening really. been raining for 2 weeks nearly everyday. moose were pretty scarce. not much movement, nothin answering calls.
having said that I did manage to bag myself a nice bull but nobody else in camp even seen a bull, and as far as we seen in the week and half we were out only one other guy besides me managed to get a bull and it was a small 2point. so maybe I just got lucky cause everyone we talked to out there said the same thing that hadnt seen a damn thing.

what we need is a few days of really cold frosty weather and then a nice thing layer of snow to jump start em and get them mooving around and active.

76chevy