PDA

View Full Version : Any current reports on princeton area?

bcshadow
10-14-2019, 08:02 AM
We are heading out for the week into the Princeton Coalmont area... Supposed to get 30mm rain every day 😈
Anyone been out there last few days..? Deer .. mule or whitetail, elk, moose sightings?

Fella
10-14-2019, 08:04 AM
Some buddies are up that way. Lots of hunters. Saw a couple does that’s about it. Pretty sure the long weekend lower mainland crew have pushed the animals deep

Iron Glove
10-14-2019, 09:16 AM
We've been up that way for the Long Weekend, lots of deer hanging around here, both mule and white tail, lots of grouse reported, a few bears down ………………
Son almost hit a moose with his truck up in the boonies.
Pretty busy in many areas but should really quiet down after today.

russm
10-14-2019, 09:54 AM
Was up there a couple weeks ago,lots of people and a ton of new logging, I saw 2 shares and a grouse.

Jagermeister
10-14-2019, 10:05 AM
If it's raining, hunker down someplace where the canopy will keep the rain off and let the drivers push the deer to you. Deer do not like the rain as it filters out wind carrying odors and makes them nervous. So they keep moving about with a sharp eye for predators. You have to have patience though. Having a blind would be a plus because at least you can stand up and stretch without exposing yourself. Make sure you have a piss bottle with a cap that way you wont have to leave the blind for a tinkle. Another story if you have to drop a load.

sako79
10-14-2019, 11:07 AM
Just got back hunting with my daughter up there didn't see a single buck but we saw a s*** ton of does and moose. My daughter turning 10 and I wanted her get her the shoot a grouse but only saw 1 in 4 days

Edzzed
10-14-2019, 12:18 PM
Make sure you have a piss bottle with a cap that way you wont have to leave the blind for a tinkle. Another story if you have to drop a load.I could sell you a toilet seat that fits a home depot bucket. https://www.ebay.com/p/691363018?iid=123897324520&rt=nc

bcshadow
10-14-2019, 02:07 PM
Thanks for the feedback everyone who has been there recently...
I will update when we get back.
Happy Thanksgiving.

elkhunterette
10-14-2019, 02:11 PM
Son and grandson tagged out with a 3x4 and a 2 point....both big deer!

Bugle M In
10-14-2019, 02:29 PM
Lots of Grouse and Rabbits from my friends reports.
Couldn't find the elk however, just some month old rubs and tracks, but nothing fresh.

blackbart
10-15-2019, 08:21 AM
I hear a couple of guys in a grey SUV got a buck.....

Deer_Slayer
10-15-2019, 01:16 PM
No Sunny's?

ajr5406
10-15-2019, 03:21 PM
Was up there two weeks ago and saw about 20 x more hunters than deer.

Coach Bob
10-15-2019, 10:47 PM
Was in Princeton last 4 days for long weekend.
Saw nearly 100+ Mule Does.
Bucks 3 point on private land, 2 point no shot very brief & a 4 Point, a 3 point, two 2 points & a spike in town lol. I’m mostly Elk hunting with Uncle and headed back to Princeton tmrw morn for last few days of season. Haven't seen any Whitetails unfortunately don’t have good knowledge where to go for Whitetails. Good luck everyone fill your freezers.

ryanonthevedder
10-16-2019, 09:12 PM
Drove the Princeton summerland rd on Saturday with the kiddos and saw zero deer... it was mid day though.

bcshadow
10-18-2019, 02:43 PM
Hello everyone abd than you again...

Just got back... report as follows:

Deer.. over two and a half days we saw 65 mule deer does (my sons girlfriend kept a good tally!)
19 of those were in a farmers field, right off the main hwy. including two bucks ! Grrrrrr.
No mule bucks or any whitetail spotted.
One grizzly!.... way up the lower willis road, and in the same area saw lots of cougar tracks next to deer tracks... we were up in the snow.
A lot of the deer were in the coalmont and tulameen area.
Weather was not too cold, and rain and snow at higher levels fell mostly at night and was very light.
One gun shot heard while we were there, but heard from other hunters that two elk were taken down by the river.

Steeleco
10-18-2019, 03:02 PM
I too just got back. More hunters than I've seen in many a moon! Saw 5 bears, BIG sow and twins that I'd have shot if they were alone. The other 2 knew I have 2 tags! LOTS of does 2 yotes and very few chickens.

The roads in behind the mine are getting dumb, the freeze thaw and the rain is making them very slick.

The only shot I heard was mine, 6:15 last night I got a spiker buck. Took me a good amount of time to get him down out of the slash. Got back to the trailer 5 min before the skies opened up, then this morning everything was frozen.

Lots of hunters heading east this AM on Hwy 3. Glad I'm done!!

wideopenthrottle
10-18-2019, 03:06 PM
hunted up near the windmills Wed...very windy and zero animals seen (covered lots of ground)….hunted up tepee lakes in the afternoon till dark also super windy also covered lots of ground high and low with zero animals seen