PDA

View Full Version : Whipsaw (Princeton) or Lawless FSR (Tulameen)

lakelander
10-09-2019, 08:23 AM
Will be heading out for the day for some grouse. Any input as to which area is better - thinking Whipsaw/Placier or Lawless FSR. Thanks.

Gone_Fishin_
10-10-2019, 08:44 AM
Will be heading out for the day for some grouse. Any input as to which area is better - thinking Whipsaw/Placier or Lawless FSR. Thanks.

Placer up behind the cop shop there, head up to around the 30km marker (Wilbert Hills) decent grouse population however i haven't been this year but always do pretty good around that area. Grassy side roads, walk them to the top then on the way back down take the high side of the road and go in 10 yards. Slowly walk following the road back down keeping it in eye sight. Works great for me.

lakelander
10-10-2019, 11:25 AM
Placer up behind the cop shop there, head up to around the 30km marker (Wilbert Hills) decent grouse population however i haven't been this year but always do pretty good around that area. Grassy side roads, walk them to the top then on the way back down take the high side of the road and go in 10 yards. Slowly walk following the road back down keeping it in eye sight. Works great for me.

Thanks I'll give that a go. Area looks really promising on Google maps.

DannyO
10-12-2019, 09:07 PM
Well how was it!?

DannyO
10-15-2019, 05:15 PM
I show a few grouse on Sunday when I drove up whipsaw for a pit stop on my way home after coming out empty handed chasing deer

lakelander
10-18-2019, 01:37 PM
Well how was it!?

Saw 3 does, no bucks. Took home 5 grouse between my buddy and myself. Had a good time but we spent too much time on the SxS. Need to be in the bush a bit more next time. Should be good deer hunting with the rain.