butthead
10-07-2019, 10:45 AM
hi there
was wondering if people are seeing deer this year
been out and not seeing many animals as of yet
any one else.

Aaron600
10-07-2019, 10:47 AM
Same. Almost no deer. Hunted for 4 days. Saw 4 deer.

butthead
10-07-2019, 10:55 AM
iam in 8 10 and not seeing much either
what region was that in

Salty
10-07-2019, 11:24 AM
I've made it out about a half dozen days so far this year; less than I'd like but life has its interruptions. Anyways I've been in traditionally mule deer country for all of it, I've seen one white tail and about 30 deer total just about all mule does and yearlings. My unscientific take is that this year is a little better for deer sightings than the last few in the area.

RyoTHC
10-07-2019, 11:29 AM
I’ve hunted nearly every day since the 10th, no shortage of mule deer, white tail or bears around my neck of the woods.
you sure you don’t live in a migration path ?

wideopenthrottle
10-07-2019, 11:39 AM
I have been seeing lots of them every evening when I close my eyes.....heheheh ...looks like I will finally get out this weekend...:mrgreen:

Aaron600
10-07-2019, 11:43 AM
Region 8-5

Muliechaser
10-07-2019, 11:46 AM
I have been out 3 times since the first . Same as every other year here . No shortages of mules and whitetail in my area. Typical not to see much this time of year near the roads in some areas . Itll pick up shortly

Mc

dmaxtech
10-07-2019, 11:49 AM
Was in 8-5 2 weeks ago and only saw a cow moose. No bucks, no does. Saw lots of deer sign though. Lots of grouse. Son got a spike buck in 8-5 second day of youth season. They are there.

DarekG
10-07-2019, 11:50 AM
I'm in region 8 and have seen tons of animals, bears, moose with a calf, tons of whitetail and mule deer. Rabbits, grouse, you name it. Great season so far! :-)
I go out early in the morning, I don't like hunting in the evenings.

triggerhappy
10-07-2019, 11:56 AM
Only been out hunting mulies twice this year, but first day saw 20+ and second day was about 12. Those were both only half day hunts. Typical numbers for my spots.

Cyrus
10-07-2019, 05:24 PM
Saw 9 bucks in 6 hunts of varying size. Wife shot a nice 4pt. Nothing for me since then....no sign at all. Guess they moved out.

sako79
10-07-2019, 05:49 PM
I've seen more game this year so far than I have in the past of yours

Rattler
10-07-2019, 06:35 PM
Region 4 WK. 13 days hunting and 2 WT spotted and zero MD. Some kind of dreadful here. No tracks in week old snow as well. Very concerning...

HarryToolips
10-07-2019, 08:21 PM
Seeing ok numbers of WT, including one nice buck that I had to,pass on as the shot was not a high percentage shot.. decent numbers of MD, one less as it's in my freezer...no elk but some elk sign..lots of moose, including one nice bull...a few bears including one hog from several Km away last light that wouldn't show up the next day even with distress calls..

white moose
10-07-2019, 08:26 PM
Region 4 WK. 13 days hunting and 2 WT spotted and zero MD. Some kind of dreadful here. No tracks in week old snow as well. Very concerning...

Ya might want to move areas, they're around. What area ya hunting?

Liveforthehunt
10-07-2019, 09:32 PM
I'm no biologist but are moose pops on the up in reg 8 ? I hve been out in 4 and 8 seeing multiple cow calfs with one set of twins... a couple bullets and 1dry cow ... seems promising. The deer may be a bit on the short side but it seems about the same as the past few years I have seen my fare share of muleys and whiteys. Bucks and does. Mind you I have not hunted as hard more drives due to taking my 3 month old out on most outings ��

Lugg
10-08-2019, 07:16 AM
Curious of people not seeing deer are road hunting or walking in a few hundred yards.

GEF
10-08-2019, 07:38 AM
October =christmas tree's, sub alpine timber, old growth timber.Clear cuts not so much.Lots of immature bucks around region 3 and 8 ,good winter and lush spring good survival.

Bugle M In
10-08-2019, 09:58 AM
Could have taken a bunch of small WT bucks last week in the EK.
(if you want bigger boys you have to hunt where they are and I wasn't targeting them at this time).
Some will be glad to hear we left the population alone and left WT tags unfilled but could have had them clipped in 2 days.

Brizz
10-08-2019, 11:57 AM
Yes, seeing lots. Lots of bucks, lots of does - more than last year. Region 8.

DarekG
10-08-2019, 12:20 PM
Yes, seeing lots. Lots of bucks, lots of does - more than last year. Region 8.

I'm also hearing more gunshots in the distance than last year as well. :lol:

HarryToolips
10-08-2019, 01:03 PM
I'm no biologist but are moose pops on the up in reg 8 ? I hve been out in 4 and 8 seeing multiple cow calfs with one set of twins... a couple bullets and 1dry cow ... seems promising. The deer may be a bit on the short side but it seems about the same as the past few years I have seen my fare share of muleys and whiteys. Bucks and does. Mind you I have not hunted as hard more drives due to taking my 3 month old out on most outings 😅
From the last ungulate population assessment, I believe our biologists thought that their pops in region 8 is steady..

Buckaroo
10-08-2019, 09:47 PM
hmmmm, No.

Ohwildwon
10-08-2019, 11:13 PM
I went out hunting Deer for the first time this year for 3 days last weekend.

Ran into a property owner near where I hunt. Said it was 2 weeks early.

Did find some fresh sign. Then happened upon a group of three bedded Bucks grunting back and forth on a bench!

They have it down. In the thick with an escape route. Almost impossible not to get busted.

I got busted, ugh, again..

8-4

338win mag
10-09-2019, 05:23 AM
region 3.....Where I have been perusing (working),, previously has been an exellent Mule deer area, not very much for game at all, surprising and abit disturbing really. I heard of wolves being seen chasing game in the area, I have been out everyday for a month and a half and I never saw an animal until a small buck and doe stepped out near where I was working, so I managed to shoot a small buck.
Other hunters I run into in the area say the same, the game is pretty thin for a once rich area....I only saw 3 groups of hunters the entire time in the area.

Bugle M In
10-09-2019, 10:06 AM
So, I talked to the local butcher in a town in the EK.
In a nutshell:

He had more Elk in by September 30th of this season then all of last season.
Also, same went for deer.
Moose was consistent and has been for some time.

What I can tell you, if you are going to the EK, get a "bear tag"...or 2!!!!
He said they are all over the place.
It's nice to see that bears are well and so plentiful.
In all the years I have gone up there, I have never seen the Columbia Valley so green at this time of year.
Rosehips all over, and not just oval in shape, but round and almost ready to burst!
Grouse was about average from other years.

The thing is, if next spring is crappy and the berry season is not good, there are going to be some sickly bears walking around next season.
IMO, too many to be supported and I have never seen so many in such a short time.
I guess the logging has benefitted the wolves and the bears best!?

Talking to others about elk, they had seen more elk this year then the past 5 years combined.
BUT, they agree, the past 5 years were miserable and the elk sightings are still far from stellar!!

Did see MD, however they were close to towns!!...lol.
Mind you, I didn't target them while hunting so it is not fair to say how they are doing from my point.
WT seemed to be a little better, mind you, we had a lot of new logging in the area which generally benefits them the most and seeing
them.

ncurrie
10-09-2019, 12:38 PM
Yep he is hanging in my shop as we speak!

Ohwildwon
10-09-2019, 05:36 PM
Yep he is hanging in my shop as we speak!

You know the drill.

Pics or it didn't happen :razz:

Squamch
10-09-2019, 05:44 PM
Yes. But none with antlers yet.

ncurrie
10-09-2019, 05:49 PM
You know the drill.

Pics or it didn't happen :razz:

Its all on facebook and instagram. I can never post pics on this site. @ncurrie1979 on ig

Mosin
10-09-2019, 06:04 PM
I went out to a different area than previous years and I am seeing more.

srupp
10-09-2019, 07:31 PM
Hmmmm out for bear this afternoon..seen 1 grouse..12 mule deer..1 of which was a 2 point..all from 3.30 till 6pm
srupp

nature girl
10-09-2019, 07:42 PM
Just got back from the caribou hunting for 7 days hunting saw I mule buck and 1 mule doe and a few mule does with fawns and 5 whitetail deer which one was a buck but it was gone before I realized it was a buck. But that is not including the deer you always see near town and farmers field. One area we hunt the deer were skiddish wolf tracks almost every place we hunted.
It was windy for 3 of the days we road hunted and walked in the bush down low and went up in the higher country for one afternoon hunt.
It was still very thick in the bush.

cptnoblivious
10-09-2019, 08:30 PM
I saw more mule deer this year than previous years. Less whitetails so far.

Shot a nice 3x3 mulie last week.

4 point
10-09-2019, 08:38 PM
Seeing mire moose this season, 7 so far including the elusive immature. Wanted to tie him to a tree and come back on Nov. 1st. Seeing less mule deer so far, but they are there.

butthead
10-10-2019, 12:15 AM
iam with him, No.