PDA

View Full Version : Tulameen FSR results

lakelander
10-07-2019, 08:23 AM
Spent the weekend up Tulameen FSR and Britton Creek FSR. Hiked hard and did some road hunting. So many clear cuts that looked like perfect deer and grouse habitat but saw NOTHING. Some sign but not even a doe. Met some other hunters who told me the same thing. So just a heads up guys, don't bother going into that area unless you want to go for the scenery.

Leaseman
10-07-2019, 08:56 AM
That area sees lots of action....spring bear and ATV clubs....summer camping and ATV clubs......hunting and ATC clubs, then snow mobiles all white winter!

Hunted that are since 80-81.....will be there Friday for a look see!

It rarely has let me down, but you do nee to know the area!!

Aaron600
10-07-2019, 09:15 AM
Was up there as well. A lot of the snow pushed the deer out of my area. Lot's of pressure up there. Seems different year to year. Last year we saw a ton of deer up there. Saw way more predators this year. Couple bears and a couple packs of coyotes.

Salmon Belly
10-07-2019, 10:52 AM
It's too close to lower mainland, pressured

SB

Iron Glove
10-07-2019, 11:04 AM
As others have said, that area gets a lot of pressure from the LML.
Head further East towards Tulameen or up behind Coalmont, less pressure = more game.
This summer and so far all thru the Fall we've seen more bucks than we've seen for years in those areas and a few weeks ago people were quickly getting their Grouse tags filled.

Salty
10-07-2019, 11:14 AM
Always a good thing to get them grouse tags filled!

Stay tuned for Salty's hot dogs and chili stand on the Tulameen fsr I'm gonna be stinkin rich!! Pull off the Tulameen 500 for a much needed rest and a dog n chili for just... - $17. Advice - $5. Correct advice - $35. We've got pull thru parking for your rig and any trailer known to man kind, picnic tables and an outhouse . Mai Lee will have her massage parlour up and running out back of the kitchen as well, prices upon request.

Iron Glove
10-07-2019, 11:58 AM
Always a good thing to get them grouse tags filled!

Stay tuned for Salty's hot dogs and chili stand on the Tulameen fsr I'm gonna be stinkin rich!! Pull off the Tulameen 500 for a much needed rest and a dog n chili for just... - $17. Advice - $5. Correct advice - $35. We've got pull thru parking for your rig and any trailer known to man kind, picnic tables and an outhouse . Mai Lee will have her massage parlour up and running out back of the kitchen as well, prices upon request.

Oh, this weekend will be a zoo up there. We used to joke that there was a CO at the start of Britton / Lawless who would only allow a vehicle every 30 minutes onto the road to avoid congestion.
Add beer and toilet paper to your offerings and you'll be moving to the better side of Hope soon.
We have our annual family Thanksgiving in Tulameen, will get the Grand Girls out Quadding, the Son and Son In Law out hunting and the Women back in the cabin cooking dinner like they should. :mrgreen:

Stillhunting
10-07-2019, 12:05 PM
Try looking up Roany, Blakeburn, Arrastra and North Newton out of Coalmont. I was seeing 50+ deer/day in there this Spring.

blacksn95
10-07-2019, 12:32 PM
Was up there last week.. saw lots of deer and one less bear near Blakeburn area... The weather seems to be pushing the deer further down

stogs
10-07-2019, 12:41 PM
Cougars have moved into the 10k cabin area no game left

lakelander
10-07-2019, 01:24 PM
Was up there last week.. saw lots of deer and one less bear near Blakeburn area... The weather seems to be pushing the deer further down

I'll take a crack at it one more time and see what Blakeburn area/Wells lake shelter holds after the long weekend otherwise I'm heading to Cheryville/Lumby area to cut my tag

BCHunterTV
10-07-2019, 01:26 PM
i was there the weekend before the any buck opener...seen 17 deer in half a day. 2 were bucks

Leaseman
10-07-2019, 01:32 PM
Rare to the BIG deer that use to hang out there.....

You need to really know the area well. Many deer are nocturnal due to pressures of years past. Seems even the bears aren't as abundant.

HikerHunter
10-07-2019, 03:22 PM
really? i camped up there middle of last week and seen 5 does, a bear and her cub, and 2 grouse. 2 weeks before that I seen 2 single spike bucks jumping off the side of the road and came across 4 grouse and likely the same pair of bears. i must be in the right area of tulameen!

Iron Glove
10-07-2019, 03:38 PM
There is NO GAME anywhere near Tulameen this coming weekend, please stay away, don't waste your time. :wink:

gamer
10-07-2019, 07:55 PM
I was up last week. Saw 20 or so does, some fork and spike bucks, black bear with a very nice coat and too many grouse to count. Noticed a canine of some sort running off as well. Didn't have a long enough look to tell what it was. Guess it all depends where you look.

r106
10-07-2019, 08:05 PM
They're in there. Get inside the bush a hundred yards you might be surprised.

HuntingAngler
09-24-2021, 02:14 PM
Any word on how its like this year? looking to head up early this sunday.

Iron Glove
09-24-2021, 03:29 PM
Are you heading to the Tulameen FSR area in particular or the Tulameen area in general?
Son was out last week in the Tulameen FSR area looking for bear, no luck. They did however feast on bunnies and grouse.
I'm in Tulameen now searching for the elusive Whitetail Buck - Son got one around Tulameen 3 days ago, today, same area we only saw does.
There's a few bear running around in Town.

lakelander
09-24-2021, 03:38 PM
Are you heading to the Tulameen FSR area in particular or the Tulameen area in general?
Son was out last week in the Tulameen FSR area looking for bear, no luck. They did however feast on bunnies and grouse.
I'm in Tulameen now searching for the elusive Whitetail Buck - Son got one around Tulameen 3 days ago, today, same area we only saw does.
There's a few bear running around in Town.

Wow nice going on the WT. Can't imagine there's many WTs, mostly mulies.... I might give it a shot on Sunday and hopefully bag a few grouse at the very least.