PDA

View Full Version : I have a week off but no plans on where to go

russm
10-06-2019, 10:43 AM
I have the week after thanksgiving booked off but with my dads poor health and u reliable buddies I haven’t had the chance to plan anything this year. I typically head to somewhere in region 3 but wouldn’t mind going somewhere else this year, I’ve got a mule, whitetail and black bear tag, where would one recommend heading? I usually hunt around cache creek/Clinton, maybe someone is in the same situation and would want to plan something together? I kind of wouldn’t mind getting out to Turkey country.

RackStar
10-06-2019, 11:19 AM
Grab a elk tag, and head over to Cranbrook.

bigredchev
10-06-2019, 11:24 AM
Fill up and go to the kootneys. It's the one part of Bc I've yet to explore. Solo is nice: all on your schedule and speed, the only downside is you are your only help so be mindful.

I wouldn't see this as a negative at all, there are lots of up sides. Good luck

russm
10-06-2019, 11:34 AM
Fill up and go to the kootneys. It's the one part of Bc I've yet to explore. Solo is nice: all on your schedule and speed, the only downside is you are your only help so be mindful.

I wouldn't see this as a negative at all, there are lots of up sides. Good luck

I thought about that actually, only deterrent right now is price of fuel for a one person trip, not as bad if you can split it with someone else.

KBC
10-06-2019, 01:05 PM
I have there same week off with no concrete plans yet either. Probably can't leave until Tuesday or Wednesday. Probably end up around Rock Creek.

russm
10-06-2019, 01:20 PM
I have there same week off with no concrete plans yet either. Probably can't leave until Tuesday or Wednesday. Probably end up around Rock Creek.

I spent a couple days poking around there a few years ago but found it really thick in the spots I was in...

BRrooster
10-06-2019, 02:57 PM
As I just replied to another post , look into an area with the "any Mulie any WT buck season. Make your odds as good as you can.

BRrooster
10-06-2019, 03:01 PM
Hey look at that, my last post was at 257 and it was my 243 rd post. gotta be some mojo there!
good luck on your hunt.
B.

HarryToolips
10-06-2019, 03:24 PM
PM sent.......

IslandWanderer
10-06-2019, 03:38 PM
Come to the island and take two bears home with you.

russm
10-06-2019, 03:56 PM
Come to the island and take two bears home with you.

Never hunted over there, care to show me around? Lol

IslandWanderer
10-06-2019, 04:02 PM
I would if I wasn't working so much until Nov. Earning $ to pay for 2 trips.

The bear hunting is pretty easy here- even in the fall. Anywhere without gates is good for bears- Nitinat, Bamfield, Sayward, North Island. Deer are elusive, but even a road hunter like me got a spike so far.

russm
10-06-2019, 04:07 PM

The bear hunting is pretty easy here- even in the fall. Anywhere without gates is good for bears- Nitinat, Bamfield, Sayward, North Island. Deer are elusive, but even a road hunter like me got a spike so far.

No worries, I think I’m starting to lean towards a kootenay hunt, not sure about east or west, I got my first deer in grand forks but that was a total fluke and I know there’s a lot of private property, never really been to the east though...

IslandWanderer
10-06-2019, 04:12 PM
No worries, I think I’m starting to lean towards a kootenay hunt, not sure about east or west, I got my first deer in grand forks but that was a total fluke and I know there’s a lot of private property, never really been to the east though...

I think you've got a good idea looking for feedback. Another HBC member was looking for someone to share a trip and he and I have it booked leave in month, so this site works for that.

russm
10-06-2019, 07:12 PM
If someone were in my position and decided to do a last minute kootenays hunt where would you choose? East or west?

j270wsm
10-06-2019, 07:44 PM
dont think you’ll go wrong picking either one

browningboy
10-06-2019, 08:08 PM
Cranbrook would be cool!

Rieber
10-06-2019, 09:41 PM
Buy a Canucks ticket and go watch their home opener.

Arctic Lake
10-06-2019, 09:50 PM

Island Waderer . My partner has an Uncle in Bowser any good bear deer hunting near there ? I have a truck .
Thanks
Arctic Lake

338win mag
10-06-2019, 10:04 PM
If someone were in my position and decided to do a last minute kootenays hunt where would you choose? East or west?
I'd go whitetailing in the east koots.