PDA

View Full Version : Rupps 2nd day region 5 deer hunt

srupp
10-03-2019, 08:00 PM
Second day for us 2019 deer season..helped another hunter pull his 2x2 buck to the rd at 3.30..
By 6 pm one shot from .270 with 140 boattail and we had a 4x4 mulie buck down right beside a road..lol.
200 yard one shot dropped him harvest. ..
My 30 year friend and my lab Ebony were there to watch it go down.
Having supper then some work and enjoy waidmannsheil..hunters celebration with my German friend.
Photos soon.
Cheers
Srupp

walks with deer
10-03-2019, 08:02 PM
way to go sir

whitlers
10-03-2019, 08:14 PM
Sounds like strong start! Well done!

Bigdoggdon
10-03-2019, 08:45 PM
Congrats, great start to the trip.

WhiteTailAB
10-03-2019, 08:53 PM
Nice, I'm going to be up in region 5 next week, hopefully connecting with either a wt or mulie.

HarryToolips
10-03-2019, 09:13 PM
Way to go Steven, congrats look forward to pics..

Huntingtyler123
10-03-2019, 09:36 PM
Congrats! Wish I could be up there also! Enjoy your supper
Tyler

Gateholio
10-03-2019, 10:33 PM
Two thumbs up!

Ride Red
10-04-2019, 05:15 AM
Great job Steven, that’s getting it done.

Springer
10-04-2019, 05:44 AM
What the heck....BC Mule Deer pics before last years Alberta Mule Deer pics , what the heck. Guess i have to be more German for priority eh..lol

butcher
10-04-2019, 07:41 AM
......Haha wtf?

Leaseman
10-04-2019, 07:45 AM
Looking forward to pictures buddy!

Nick is heading off today, I am following next Friday!

DeepJeep
10-04-2019, 08:36 AM
Congrats! .

Elkhound
10-04-2019, 08:43 AM
well done Steven

srupp
10-04-2019, 09:51 AM
Hmmmm always invited here Springer..we got 6#..9# rainbow on fly at YOUR LAKE..no sandwhiches were lost..lol
happy Birthday Butcher.51?
Will try and get Irorn noggin to do the couple photos I have.
Steven

srupp
10-04-2019, 02:02 PM
Have photos..anyone ? Can I send photos to post?
Srupp

IronNoggin
10-04-2019, 04:03 PM
Have photos..anyone ? Can I send photos to post?
Srupp

Shoot them to me Buddy, No Problemo.

Just online now today - dealing with thieves and vandalism at home. Messy.

Congrats on the Buck! Let's see him now my Friend!

Cheers,
Nog

IronNoggin
10-04-2019, 04:36 PM
There we go!! Nice Buck Buddy!

https://i.imgur.com/8D3owB0.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/YIaXci9.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Xn7dies.jpg

Hey Phil, how does that match up against last year?? https://www.tnof.ca/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/highly_amused.png https://www.tnof.ca/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/ROFLMAO.gif
Cheers,
Nog

Spy
10-04-2019, 04:55 PM
Thats a beauti buck nice job

srupp
10-04-2019, 05:02 PM
Hmmm Matt..thanks for the editing and posting...and....never mind lol..
cheers
Steven

moosinaround
10-04-2019, 05:53 PM
Nice buck Rupster!! Piles of fat on him, and nice sized body! Hoping for one of those myself this Sunday!! Moosinaround

CranePete
10-04-2019, 06:17 PM
That’s a great buck, congratulations!

DDD
10-04-2019, 08:54 PM
Nice work Steven. Right beside the road sounds easy on the knees.
Well done!

D

HarryToolips
10-04-2019, 09:01 PM
Very nice buck, congrats..

srupp
10-04-2019, 09:25 PM
Nice work Steven. Right beside the road sounds easy on the knees.
Well done!

D

Lol yes couple of slices into the back legs, and used my electric boat loader to lift him onto the lowered tailgate...no lifting required. .total distance dragged..zero feet..
Was looking for a meat buck..got that in spades...big well conditioned body, one shot no meat wasted..
Total time from shot. .photos. .grellick...load and off home..45 minutes..cancell license too..
Liver was rinsed and cut. .patted dry and frozen in 4mm chamber sealer bags...last night..doesnt get fresher.
The body not only was large, fat..hmmmmm but really good tone of flesh..set up really well..used 70 % water..30 % vinigar last night to clean..however cleanest field dressing I can remember. .virtually no blood. .on inside or outside of carcass.
Knives are sharp, totes are out plus cutting apron..lots of 4mm chamber sealer bags..
It was unbelievably great day..and having Detlef alongside to witness this whole wonderful adventure..a grouse and bunny day for our dog Ebony closed the season on deer..Sunday..Horsefly for rabbits. .grouse...brown colored black bear...
My friend Detlef is here ..his wife of 40 years has passed on..this was his attempt to revisit his friends Susan, Steven..cali sheep, brown colored black bears, northern lights, barb que sauce..seeing first rainbow trout, netting some trout..first trout dinner..spotting deer, and Detlef spotted this buck first..good to see him laugh, smile in spite of a crushed heart and empty world .
And of course every day hunters stopping by on the way to and from hunts.
Thank you for your kind words .
Cheers
Steven

Arctic Lake
10-04-2019, 09:37 PM
There we go!! Nice Buck Buddy!

https://i.imgur.com/8D3owB0.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/YIaXci9.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Xn7dies.jpg

Hey Phil, how does that match up against last year?? https://www.tnof.ca/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/highly_amused.png https://www.tnof.ca/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/ROFLMAO.gif
Cheers,
Nog

Very nice indeed ! Looks like nice muscled deer !
Arctic Lake

ydouask
10-04-2019, 09:48 PM
Well done Steven. great to see healthy Mule Deer.

Springer
10-05-2019, 05:45 AM
Well i would say its a Twin to the Alberta Buck Matt..If Steve doesn't have any to send you i'm sure i could come up with one That made it onto my phone camera somehow..

Arctic Lake
10-05-2019, 08:18 AM
Would also add that it looks like a great skining job !

Arctic Lake

BRvalley
10-05-2019, 11:02 AM
Very nice, congrats

srupp
10-05-2019, 04:37 PM
Hmmmm hi Phil...your absolutely correct, again..the deer I harvested in Alberta last year and this one do look like twins..really close..I will post a photo of side by side..
so we slept in and then completely cut up the entire deer, using the chamber sealer..also did up the trimmings into burger material. .mixed with pork roast ground up and mixed with deer grinds.
backstrap is seasoned and in the fridge for barbque tomorrow night.
Phil..it was a wonderful hunt to get this buck...as with all hunts with friends that are successful it will be a treasured memory..however nothing can compare to last years AMAZING ALBERTA ADVENTURE with you and your son Nathan..and other hunts with you..all very special..thank you.
Cheers
Srupp

Springer
10-05-2019, 07:01 PM
Ya it was a Good time , we should have stuck around at the farm and hunted Whiteys for a few more days though....
Now its your turn to do a Euro mount on this Buck...Simply skin , remove bottom jaw, slow boil and pressure wash , followed by a Peroxide bath...easy peasey.

srupp
10-05-2019, 09:13 PM
Ya it was a Good time , we should have stuck around at the farm and hunted Whiteys for a few more days though....
Now its your turn to do a Euro mount on this Buck...Simply skin , remove bottom jaw, slow boil and pressure wash , followed by a Peroxide bath...easy peasey.

Too late Bro...sawzall..lol
straight shooting..out for bunnies and brown bears and grouse..Detlefs visit ends thursday..
I might buy a whitetail tag and go use that fancy groundblind ?
Cheers
Steven

Islandeer
10-06-2019, 07:59 AM
Nice buck Steven, congrats!!
Very deserving!

whitespringer
10-06-2019, 09:39 AM
Way to go on the buck! I like it when a plan comes together!

Leaseman
10-07-2019, 08:26 AM
Nicely done buddy....same area as usual??

Hi to Susan....I am heading off Friday....

srupp
10-07-2019, 09:31 AM
Hi Mike...good luck buddy
no we were out Rosita lake way
cheers
steven

tim.l
10-07-2019, 09:41 AM
Congrats on the buck

Springer
10-07-2019, 12:53 PM
I cringe whenever i see someone cut out the antlers. Doing a Euro is so easy and looks way cooler.

jan.wi97
10-07-2019, 01:18 PM
Gratuliere zum erfolg!

Lol yes couple of slices into the back legs, and used my electric boat loader to lift him onto the lowered tailgate...no lifting required. .total distance dragged..zero feet..
Was looking for a meat buck..got that in spades...big well conditioned body, one shot no meat wasted..
Total time from shot. .photos. .grellick...load and off home..45 minutes..cancell license too..
Liver was rinsed and cut. .patted dry and frozen in 4mm chamber sealer bags...last night..doesnt get fresher.
The body not only was large, fat..hmmmmm but really good tone of flesh..set up really well..used 70 % water..30 % vinigar last night to clean..however cleanest field dressing I can remember. .virtually no blood. .on inside or outside of carcass.
Knives are sharp, totes are out plus cutting apron..lots of 4mm chamber sealer bags..
It was unbelievably great day..and having Detlef alongside to witness this whole wonderful adventure..a grouse and bunny day for our dog Ebony closed the season on deer..Sunday..Horsefly for rabbits. .grouse...brown colored black bear...
My friend Detlef is here ..his wife of 40 years has passed on..this was his attempt to revisit his friends Susan, Steven..cali sheep, brown colored black bears, northern lights, barb que sauce..seeing first rainbow trout, netting some trout..first trout dinner..spotting deer, and Detlef spotted this buck first..good to see him laugh, smile in spite of a crushed heart and empty world .
And of course every day hunters stopping by on the way to and from hunts.
Thank you for your kind words .
Cheers
Steven

srupp
10-07-2019, 02:01 PM
Hmmm we had some backstraps last night...they were exellent.
Vielen Dank fuer die Glueckwuensche!
Srupp
Detlef

Bugle M In
10-08-2019, 10:10 AM
Congrats Steve!

180grainer
10-08-2019, 06:29 PM
Vielen Dank fuer die Glueckwuensche!
Srupp
Detlef
My German's a little rusty......."his wifes farts are to die for"?

john-brennan
10-08-2019, 07:04 PM
Nice, I leave in 10 days to region 5 for mule deer I am pumped now, good job guys.

Moose63
10-08-2019, 09:48 PM
Congrats Steven!

srupp
10-10-2019, 11:09 AM
Hmmm thank you all for your kind comments.just home from airport, Detlef is enroute to Vancouver then Germany tommorrow.
He was well impressed with Canada yet again, Canadians, and our fish and wildlife..especially how tasty our deer are.
Thanks guys
Srupp

jan.wi97
10-10-2019, 11:11 AM
Hmmm thank you all for your kind comments.just home from airport, Detlef is enroute to Vancouver then Germany tommorrow.
He was well impressed with Canada yet again, Canadians, and our fish and wildlife..especially how tasty our deer are.
Thanks guys
Srupp

Post up some pictures Steven... would love to see them :)

IronNoggin
10-10-2019, 11:31 AM
Post up some pictures Steven... would love to see them :)

Post # 18 on this thread (page 2)...

Quiet Hunter
10-10-2019, 11:53 AM
Good job love a one shot drop. Congrats

DeepJeep
10-10-2019, 12:59 PM
Congrats. Nice buck

Bugle M In
10-10-2019, 01:11 PM
Thanks guys
Srupp

Yup, the germans love it here, especially at this time of year.
Too bad they find it so hard to immigrate here, as many would if they could!

jan.wi97
10-10-2019, 01:56 PM
Yup, the germans love it here, especially at this time of year.
Too bad they find it so hard to immigrate here, as many would if they could!

Been here 13 years now :)
Best thing we ever did!!

srupp
10-10-2019, 02:18 PM
My German's a little rusty......."his wifes farts are to die for"?

Hmmm unfortunate choice of words..completely innocent joke..however Detlef was here because his wife of 40 years died of cancer and he wanted some rest and relief for his mental health. .
No bad feelings for the innocent joke ..just missed.
And yes I think he would move here if things were just a bit different in his life at this time .
The trip was a total success..the 9 # rainbow on fly, and 4 x4 mule deer were merely icing on the cake along with Susans amazing gourmet meals.
Appreciate all the kind words.
Cheers
Srupp

srupp
10-14-2019, 03:00 PM
So..have tried the backstrap. .Incredible ! I happen to really love deer meat..best ever was on Alberta hunt..cold..whitetails were on winter wheat ? Absolutely wonderful. ..this year's mule deer was in an area with no alphalpha fields..yet was incredibly fat, marbled throughout..once cooled it set up quick and made butchering easier.have no idea why this buck turned out so well ?
been far colder since june, lots of rain..means good moisture on his food...showing in high fat content....single shot dropped him , and immediate field dressing, followed by head and hide removed. .washed down with 30 % white vinager / 70 % water..butchered 2 days later after storage in cold garage with some air movement...but thats what I try to do every year.
No idea why this guy turned out awesome .
Any suggestions what may make a noticable difference in outcome ?
thanks, cheers
Srupp

Springer
10-14-2019, 03:46 PM
News Flash !! Kel Called and left a message, He's Killing Lots of Hog's and geese, Seeing lots of Big Whiteys and Muleys ...lol
He's wondering if were coming back...what should i say....Congratulated me on my Caribou.If only he would come up with some pictures.

srupp
10-14-2019, 04:00 PM
News Flash !! Kel Called and left a message, He's Killing Lots of Hog's and geese, Seeing lots of Big Whiteys and Muleys ...lol
He's wondering if were coming back...what should i say....Congratulated me on my Caribou.If only he would come up with some pictures.

Hi Phil..I believe him on the big Mulies, whiteys..yaaa im gonna need photos for the hogs..lol
For what he showed us..he knew his stuff..and the area
The best deer meat was from your kindness hunter hosting me at Reds place..the early morning whitetail you helped me harvest on the winter wheat ? Hands down best deer meat ever.
Thank you again Bro.
Cheers
Steven

Springer
10-15-2019, 05:55 AM
Yes i have to agree , I prefer Whitetail over Mulies as well....especially the little ones i keep ending up with. If i ever get a day off again i hope to get out Bow Hunting.
Blaze hasn't been able to close the gap or get a decent Body shot of "Ol Tracks"...but im getting more footage of the Muley that got away each year..

srupp
10-30-2019, 10:47 PM
Hmmmm decided to enter my mulie in the rod and gun club contest..not that he is the biggest..but there are draws..prizes for entering.
got ahold of the scorer. .got my paperwork together..and a oh shit moment..lol
I shot my mulie on Oct 3...my renewal for the rod and gun club membership was due Sept 25...
Missed it by 8 days..was not a paid up member in good standing at the time of the harvest .
Embarrassing to say the least..however it saves my buddy from the club from having to measure it..
Feel very silly. .
Cheers
Srupp

REMINGTON JIM
10-30-2019, 11:29 PM
First Prize ! You are DUMB ! :-P lol RJ

srupp
10-30-2019, 11:54 PM
First Prize ! You are DUMB ! :-P lol RJ

Hmmmmm here I thought no one could make me feel worse than I already was..I was sadly mistaken .
oh well life goes on except for the deer.
Srupp

REMINGTON JIM
10-31-2019, 08:25 AM
Hmmmmm here I thought no one could make me feel worse than I already was..I was sadly mistaken .
oh well life goes on except for the deer.
Srupp

LMFFAO Steven I just couldn't resist that one ! Sorry Buddy :wink: RJ

andrew5
10-31-2019, 11:26 AM
Awesome job and pics!

srupp
10-31-2019, 01:08 PM
LMFFAO Steven I just couldn't resist that one ! Sorry Buddy :wink: RJ

its OK RJ..Its all good friend...life gets busy things get missed.
Be safe Jim..
Steven

RICKADY
11-02-2019, 09:50 AM
Good work srupp, congrats on a beauty, condolences to Detlef, hope he's home safe with a great story to tell, talking helps at these tough times.
Heading out next weekend, would be more than happy to shoot half what you got, even if I have to drag it really far.
Peace