PDA

View Full Version : Caribou White Tails

V8JP
09-29-2019, 10:02 PM
I’m curious if anybody could give me some tips or advise on coming across a white tail in the southern caribou region. I’ve hunted the caribou region for a few years now. Covered a decent amount of area in two regions at different times during hunting season.

However, in the last five years I’ve only seen two white tail does. I’ve become overly interested in coming across a whitetail buck over the last two years now and so far this season I am yet to encounter one.

Does anybody have any tips or advice on ways to encounter a white tail or are they as illusive as I’m starting to think.

warnniklz
09-29-2019, 10:11 PM
I see all sorts of them... mostly during spring bear season. But too be fair... see most white tail during the fall hunting season on the way to likely or north of highway 20 out west 1-5 hours away from WL

Mulehahn
09-30-2019, 10:33 PM
They are moving closer to town. I had a friend pull the cards on my property about 20 minutes from 100 mile house. I was last up there mid August and only had mule does, cow moose, and black bears on my cams. In the last 6 weeks 3 (maybe 4 as one is a literal spiker and poor photo) white tail bucks on my property. One is a nice non typical. Strangely, not a single mule buck since June. Mule does, moose, and bear still around though.

ACB
10-01-2019, 10:57 AM
Number 1 thing, have a whitetail tag in your pocket when you see one and their legal, speaking from experience. I was hunting in the Chilicotin a number of years a go and had already taken a mule deer buck and was grouse hunting, I drove around a corner on the road and there were deer every where. Two mulie bucks, a 4pt. and a 3x4pt. following a mulie doe, but between the the doe and the mulie bucks was a 5pt. whitetail buck all within a 100yds and me without a whitetail tag, oops. Shoulda woulda coulda.