PDA

View Full Version : Taxidermist Recommendations PG

rimfire
09-26-2019, 09:39 PM
Hello Friends,
I got my first black bear on Tuesday night.
I'm looking for some recommendations on a taxidermist to tan the hide in Prince George or the surrounding areas.

Thanks!

RyoTHC
09-26-2019, 09:53 PM
I’m no expert, but I’m pretty sure most taxidermists want the hide after it’s been tanned ?
The ones I spoke to here would send it to the tannery and then work on it, or you could curb the middleman send it yourself and then bring it to the taxidermist.

I am sure there are some that so the whole deal start to finish though ! Bear is a tonne of work, ask me how I know haha

decker9
09-27-2019, 06:51 AM
Iv used Daryn Eakin of northern wildlife designs in burns lake a fare bit, he does some pretty amazing work, he’s defiantly worth a look.

Norwestalta
09-27-2019, 09:00 AM
If you get a chance, look at www.solitudetaxidermy.ca
Imo the bears they do are second to none.

decker9
09-27-2019, 09:46 AM
If you get a chance, look at www.solitudetaxidermy.ca (http://www.solitudetaxidermy.ca)
Imo the bears they do are second to none.

Just scrolling through his photos, there’s some pretty spectacular taxidermy in there!!

Norwestalta
09-27-2019, 01:36 PM
Just scrolling through his photos, there’s some pretty spectacular taxidermy in there!!

He's not the cheapest but imo you only get one shot at it and Darren is as good as they come. He takes great pride in what comes out their shop. Very reasonable turn around as well.

The silver fox in his gallery is one I had done.