PDA

View Full Version : Shortage of hunters???

moose hunter
09-29-2007, 12:28 PM
I dont see any shortage of hunters i went out to one of my spots that not many people usualy frequent the other night saw not a single animal just 12 other trucks and 3 atvs, I have not seen any deer since the first week of september out hunting and only 4 moose, maybe this "shortage of hunters" will be good for animal populations because either i have very very very bad luck or hunting really sucks this year

MB_Boy
09-29-2007, 12:32 PM
either i have very very very bad luck or hunting really sucks this year

Or.....option #3......you have no clue what you are doing out there?? :tongue::tongue:

Just kiddin' MH....you can't leave yourself wide open like that. :wink:

moose hunter
09-29-2007, 04:04 PM
you might just be right but i hiked one area for a day with a friend and coming back tired we drove past a guy that had shot a spike fork in the middle of the road, maybe road hunting is where its at?

browningboy
09-29-2007, 04:13 PM
you might just be right but i hiked one area for a day with a friend and coming back tired we drove past a guy that had shot a spike fork in the middle of the road, maybe road hunting is where its at?

You passed fisherdude!:lol::lol:

Mr. Dean
09-29-2007, 04:42 PM
Hunter #'s are a problem (lack of). No doubt about it.

Sounds as if the news is out about your honey hole. (gulp) Maybe it's time to move on or maybe it was just an off day???

Radar
09-29-2007, 06:00 PM
I really wish the government would get serious about encouraging hunters a lot of what I see is just talk. If hunter numbers are down why do some of us not get drawn for LEH.

I would like to see extreme enforcement of the rules, so poachers (those breaking the rules) loose their home, vehicle, firearms and get a fine. That way there would be more legal animals for the hunters to hunt.

I know its a pipe dream but it is nice to dream...

moose hunter
09-29-2007, 07:59 PM
Well I think they should start adjusting leh tags to how harsh the winter was, if it was a good winter full tags can be issued but if alot of animals died that winter the tags should be fewer.

Jagermeister
09-29-2007, 08:07 PM
I dont see any shortage of hunters i went out to one of my spots that not many people usualy frequent the other night saw not a single animal just 12 other trucks and 3 atvs, I have not seen any deer since the first week of september out hunting and only 4 moose, maybe this "shortage of hunters" will be good for animal populations because either i have very very very bad luck or hunting really sucks this yearYour too close to the road. It's hunting season, the animals know this and are travelling just back far enough from the road for hunters not to see them. They're using the "hunting season back trails".