PDA

View Full Version : Pan Phillips home ranch for sale

primmed99
09-22-2019, 02:58 PM
Interesting piece of real estate for sale. Piece of history for sale.

https://www.realtor.ca/real-estate/20956979/agriculture-lots-1559-1563-luskup-ootsa-forest-service-road-williams-lake-zone-27

CranePete
09-22-2019, 03:55 PM
Well, that’s kinda cool. I’ve read the books, and have coffee every now and then with his son Ken. Lotsa history in that part of BC.

Iltasyuko
09-22-2019, 03:59 PM
Thanks for sharing that. Really cool part of B.C. and history.

hawk-i
09-22-2019, 04:17 PM
Do you think its worth the asking price?

Jagermeister
09-22-2019, 08:24 PM
Well, that’s kinda cool. I’ve read the books, and have coffee every now and then with his son Ken. Lotsa history in that part of BC.
Would his mother have been Betty?

Given the proximity to the chilcotin land tenure problems. Would I be eager to buy it had I the money. Nope.
And that goes for the rest of B.C. for that matter.

Jagermeister
09-22-2019, 08:27 PM
Come to think of it. That would be a good property for Dickieboy to purchase. It would go along with his other holdings in the approximate vicinity.

srupp
09-22-2019, 08:47 PM
Hmmmm wouldnt accept it for free..not there.
Pan would drive his cattle to Quesnel..then go to the Billy Barker hotel..get a bottle of whiskey..spin the top off..go to the door and throw the cap into the street..and loudly proclaim. ...thats the last time wee will need that..
When he died..folks gathered at the Billy Barker and were given small bottles of whiskey..they all to gether threw the caps into the street..proclaiming..thats the last time we will need that.
It was said that anyone walking past the Billy that day would most certainly been killed by the flying whiskey caps flung in unison into the street..ala Pan Phillips.
Srupp

REMINGTON JIM
09-22-2019, 08:58 PM
That LANDs right in the THICK of FN country - Its NOT worth a plugged Nickel now ! jmo RJ

CranePete
09-22-2019, 09:38 PM
Would his mother have been Betty?

Given the proximity to the chilcotin land tenure problems. Would I be eager to buy it had I the money. Nope.
And that goes for the rest of B.C. for that matter.

I can certainly ask next time I see him. Sister Dianne has also written a couple of good books. As for value, I would suggest that the best timber has been creamed over the years. Don’t believe there’s lots of hay meadows. And as SRupp points out, it’s right in the thick of FN hassles. Not sure that it would be a wise investment.

mpotzold
09-22-2019, 09:40 PM
Brings back memories of the 2 unique characters Pan & Rick & the book Grass Beyond the Mountains.
In 1983 Eve & I were driving near WL on our way to Redstone when it was announced that Pan died from a heart attack at age 73.
While surveying near Chetwynd in Aug. 66 just before going to school an old timer that knew of him told us that Rick in his late 50s also died from a heart attack.

Always wanted to visit home ranch by horseback.
Sadly the cabins are no more.
Home Ranch - Pan Phillips homestead
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-rHRJRhmU2gI/TuEz2aFBNAI/AAAAAAAAAJM/Mggw2tx1iRI/s1600/IMG_1088.JPG

srupp
09-22-2019, 09:51 PM
That LANDs right in the THICK of FN country - Its NOT worth a plugged Nickel now ! jmo RJ

Hmmmm concur completely. ..
Cheers
Steven

Piperdown
09-23-2019, 07:12 AM
Well there is chief Joe's new rez. Shit he'll get it handed to him for free then we can all pony up and build him a new ranch on it. Pan was quite the character, he would be so disappointed in the way things are now.

Jagermeister
09-23-2019, 11:27 AM
Well there is chief Joe's new rez. Shit he'll get it handed to him for free then we can all pony up and build him a new ranch on it. Pan was quite the character, he would be so disappointed in the way things are now.
He's probably flopping in his grave which I think was at the Home Ranch.

Linksman313
09-23-2019, 01:36 PM
Brings back memories of the 2 unique characters Pan & Rick & the book Grass Beyond the Mountains.
In 1983 Eve & I were driving near WL on our way to Redstone when it was announced that Pan died from a heart attack at age 73.
While surveying near Chetwynd in Aug. 66 just before going to school an old timer that knew of him told us that Rick in his late 50s also died from a heart attack.

Always wanted to visit home ranch by horseback.
Sadly the cabins are no more.
Home Ranch - Pan Phillips homestead
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-rHRJRhmU2gI/TuEz2aFBNAI/AAAAAAAAAJM/Mggw2tx1iRI/s1600/IMG_1088.JPG

What a sight this would have been with smoke curling up out of the chimney while approaching at dusk drenched with horses drawn full of moose meat.
I first heard of Phillips and his character in a book my Uncle Clarence Simmons wrote - "The Endless Reach". He describes pulling in there on a night such as described whilst finishing a guiding trip I believe. Shame it has got to such conditions, surrounds and all.

adriaticum
09-23-2019, 01:48 PM
Good luck what that!