PDA

View Full Version : blackwater rd from Quesnel

burger
09-17-2019, 01:30 PM
Hey all,

Haven't posted in a while. Life and children taking up time. I'm sure many have been there. Decided to put in a draw for this year and get back into the groove after realizing I was missing a big part of me aka hunting. Lucked out and drew a Moose LEH for 7-10. We are planning on hanging around Punchaw lake in my wall tent and wondered if the Blackwater road was good from Quesnel up into that area?

I have come from PG before but since I'm coming from 70 mile area I would like to cut off the drive. Once I'm on dirt I'm hunting!!

Any updated info on access or fires or logging would be beneficial but not needed.

Thanks all!!!

Good luck to you all this season!!!

Piperdown
09-17-2019, 01:34 PM
The rd is good, maybe give blackwater spruce ranch a call, they are just on the 5-13 side and have nice cabins there, dale is a good friend and a great guy. Saves you from packing a tent and you have a barn to hang your meat in and the deer hunting on the ranch is good.

Pacemaker
09-17-2019, 01:50 PM
Burger says.....".....Once I'm on dirt I'm hunting!!"... Don't be too quick with that thought process in this case, at least not for your moose draw..... The Blackwater Road from Quesnel is in good shape....But, most of it is in 5-13 until well after you pass Pantage Lake and make the right fork at the junction with Batnuni Lake FSR. Even then you still have several km's to go before you get into your zone 7-10. Good luck on your draw tho', there are definitely moose in that area.

srupp
09-17-2019, 01:53 PM
Pm.sent
cheers
srupp

moosinaround
09-17-2019, 01:59 PM
blackwater road is good, 2wd access all the way to Punchaw lake! 7-10 starts at around 34 km on the blackwater, You will shoot a moose off of Punchaw lake shore. Bring a boat and call!! Moosin

burger
09-18-2019, 09:11 AM
Thanks guys for all the responses and to the great convo with you yesterday Srupp!! Looking forward to this years hunt!!