PDA

View Full Version : Unlimited hunting?

HikerHunter
09-16-2019, 09:12 AM
My mom has a friend who wants to take her hunting and he says he won an unlimited something or other from his local gun club. Is there such a thing as a unlimited tag where you can legally harvest as much as you want? this seems very suspicious.

09-16-2019, 09:18 AM
Not thats legal here. Unless your a special group that has no regulations or limits to follow.
Its Likely the unlimited use of gun club related issues. Range, trap skeet etc.

albravo2
09-16-2019, 09:25 AM
Before you get too suspicious I would find out exactly what he is saying. "Something or other" isn't specific enough to fact check.

To answer your question, there is no such thing as an unlimited tag.

HikerHunter
09-16-2019, 09:27 AM
all i could find anywhere is that if you're foreign than you might have unlimited access to sheep in region 4

HikerHunter
09-16-2019, 09:31 AM
Ill find out more info and come back

bighornbob
09-16-2019, 12:18 PM
He probably won a limited entry through the province.

BHB

adriaticum
09-16-2019, 01:23 PM
He probably won a limited entry through the province.

BHB

yah most likely limited turned to unlimited

MichelD
09-16-2019, 01:28 PM
Yes, it sounds like several people got their comprehension of some wording confused.

It may very well be a limited entry permit, but clubs don't issue them.

HikerHunter
09-16-2019, 05:25 PM
So i have found out its a limited entry. does this mean he has access to a specific spot/region in which he is allowed to have unlimited bag limits?

srthomas75
09-16-2019, 05:46 PM
It’s an authorization to hunt in a specific zone of a region. Depending on the type of animal it might be a 2 week slot or 2 months. Nothing unlimited about it. Make sure he buys a tag/ license for the species though.

Wild one
09-16-2019, 05:50 PM
So i have found out its a limited entry. does this mean he has access to a specific spot/region in which he is allowed to have unlimited bag limits?

Have you completed your CORE yet? Because this should have been covered

Look up BC LEH hunting regs and it should be clearer. Simply put you can apply for draws for hunting opportunities where only a limited number of tags are available. If successful you get 1 tag for a species/sex/time of the year that you cannot normally hunt under GOS

Only FN and poachers have unlimited harvest opportunities

SSG-man
09-16-2019, 06:09 PM
SNC Lavalin tags.

Issued by Liberals.

Weatherby Fan
09-16-2019, 06:11 PM
SNC Lavalin tags.

Issued by Liberals.

Yes with a little palm greasing you can have all the tags you want !

HikerHunter
09-17-2019, 06:50 AM
I have completed my CORE but obviously my instructor didn't do that great of a job explaining these details to the class. That's why I got you guys and Google. I also have never entered an LEH draw. Not even close to that sort of skill required. Thanks for all your help.

wideopenthrottle
09-17-2019, 08:27 AM
this thread reminds me of that "red velvet moose" thread...heheheh

Ajsawden
09-17-2019, 08:56 AM
Limited entry hunting authorizations give you permission to hunt a single animal of a single species in a specific geographical area, during a specific timeframe. You still need to buy a provincial tag for the species you're hunting during your limited entry hunt, and it counts towards your provincial bag limit. (ie. you're not allowed to shoot an open season moose and a limited entry moose)

RyoTHC
09-17-2019, 10:44 AM
I believe all this should be covered in the core.

If if it wasn’t do everyone a favour and report your instructor for doing a poor ass job at getting the next generation of hunters ready.

I cant even imagine how someone would think a leh draw tag allowed them to hunt unlimited animals.... like really?

Weatherby Fan
09-17-2019, 11:12 AM
I have completed my CORE but obviously my instructor didn't do that great of a job explaining these details to the class. That's why I got you guys and Google. I also have never entered an LEH draw. Not even close to that sort of skill required. Thanks for all your help.

Where and who did you do your CORE with ?

MichelD
09-17-2019, 11:20 AM
Look up BC LEH Hunting on line or better yet; go to a sporting goods store and get a hard copy of the LEH guide. It is really not that hard to apply and you can apply for mule deer does in some areas where you may have a better chance of getting a deer if you have a doe permit than being confined to bucks.

There are even mule deer LEH permits for those under 18.

You could even apply for moose. If you won an LEH authorization I'm sure if you got on here and sought help some grizzled old vet would love to come along and help you get your first moose.

Too bad you had such a poor instructor at your CORE course.

ajr5406
09-17-2019, 11:21 AM
Where and who did you do your CORE with ?

x2. This is concerning, and certainly something that should be covered in CORE. As responsible hunters, we are also expected to know the regs well too!

Gateholio
09-17-2019, 12:21 PM
Probably the guy has a "any bull" moose tag or similar.

What does it matter about the CORE course? It's impossible for every topic to be covered in a short course. LEH is a very small topic in the CORE course.

We have threads on HBC with guys with decades of experience arguing over what is legal and what is not. The guy has a question, how about answering it rather than badgering him?

fuzzybiscuit
09-17-2019, 01:05 PM
The HBC God of Wisdom has spoken once again...lol.

wideopenthrottle
09-17-2019, 01:23 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?141246-My-quot-Red-Velvet-Moose-quot&highlight=velvet

3rd hand info from someone that is an honest person who is "sure" can be fun stuff to figure out...heheheh...this was a story here from some time ago