PDA

View Full Version : Gang Ranch

sooke hunter 30 06
09-28-2007, 05:28 PM
Has anyone hunted that area in the last while??

BlacktailStalker
09-28-2007, 06:33 PM
Last year. Snows came a bit late and real heavy when they did, had one chance at one decent 4 point but the hippy that camped down the road shot it the next a.m 400 yards below me in the draw I was looking for him in.
LOTS of wolves in there, getting increasingly worse every year for the last 5 years it seems.
Out of maybe 10 camps in the 2nd week of Nov to the middle of the 3rd week I saw 2 legal 4 points shot including the one I didnt get the evening before the guy below me got the next a.m. Only a couple other 3's. It was -27 and over 12" of snow on the ground with 2-5" fresh most nights.
Not sure what it is, it's nice hunting in there but I never see any real impressive bucks come out. They all seem to be around 150-160ish, not that that's bad.
Which is why I'm switching it up this year, but who knows, maybe I'll go back in november anyways. It's hard leaving one of the only areas you know.
Instead of hoping to time it right and be there when the migration is arriving, I hope to intercept it somewhere else.

I know some HAMMER bucks are shot jet boating the river...

dino
09-28-2007, 06:35 PM
to early wait a month

Rob
09-28-2007, 06:37 PM
I thought The Gang Ranch was permission only?

CHilko21
09-28-2007, 08:42 PM
I was out on the old roads behind the gang, out farwell canyon way a couple weeks ago....it's too early really. Beautiful country out there though

BigD
09-28-2007, 09:17 PM
Had some friends come back from the gang this morning, phoned me from Clinton. Said they seen nothing but on Wed they each shot a 4 point mulie, but seen nothing in five other days. Funny how it works, and never got there moose leh, only saw one bull but never had a chance for a shot.