PDA

View Full Version : B.C. predator cull would target 80 per cent of wolves in caribou recovery areas

Ohwildwon
09-12-2019, 08:08 PM
Free Range Cattle help to feed this problem unfortunately

Anti's are going to push back on this big time?

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/b-c-predator-cull-would-target-80-per-cent-of-wolves-in-caribou-recovery-areas (https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/b-c-predator-cull-would-target-80-per-cent-of-wolves-in-caribou-recovery-areas)

Huntingtyler123
09-12-2019, 08:20 PM
Good about time, do it. Of course anti’s will have something to say but the government needs to have some balls and stick to there guns and do it. Time for change

Jereky
09-12-2019, 08:34 PM
Absolutely. Wolves have a place but need to be managed like other animals.

tomcat
09-12-2019, 08:47 PM
Absolutely. Wolves have a place but need to be managed like other animals. YES, predators are controlled by disease, starvation and other predators of which man is the superior one. Thus, the hunting and trapping of predators is necessary to maintain a balance for the general benefit of both.

two-feet
09-12-2019, 09:45 PM
Hats off to our good govt bios who have been pushing this for years, and to our elected officials that are doing a politically unpopular thing for the good of wildlife. Hopefully this can be expanded to help moose populations recover

Arctic Lake
09-12-2019, 10:03 PM
I saw a comment that mentioned Grizzlies have an impact on Caribou as well !
Arctic Lake

REMINGTON JIM
09-12-2019, 10:31 PM
I saw a comment that mentioned Grizzlies have an impact on Caribou as well !
Arctic Lake

BEAR's will KILL and EAT any animal it can ! :sad: RJ

j270wsm
09-12-2019, 10:47 PM
80% reduction of wolves is a great start. Hopefully it will happen and be the start of something good.

northof49
09-13-2019, 03:07 AM
Too bad it has taken so long to react. Could have prevented a whole lot of grief had it started 15yrs ago and would have saved a bunch of money as well. Good something is finally being done. The 30 day consult is simply obligatory at this point....and great this is going ahead. All the anti’s need to shut the heck up and let the wildlife managers...manage. Would be nice to see it expanded to other areas as well. Hopefully the start of some common sense.

GreyDog
09-13-2019, 08:00 AM
While there is little doubt that habitat loss was the biggest problem facing caribou, predation is a much more immediate problem and they need a beak if they are to have a chance to recover. GD

09-13-2019, 08:00 AM
Reactive rather then proactive. Not to be negative and i hope this goes through but BCs recent history on anything like this like pred cull on wolves seals bears etc etc is a complete joke. No back bone. Kiss the enviromentalist and tree huggers backside for votes while watching the Ungulates and salmon collapse. Then the preds collapse. The circle continues. Good to hear the managers are at least trying. Our lack of Fish Wildlife Management Funding is a complete joke. Where as if done properly all species would thrive. Grow some Biggin Nads BC

northof49
09-13-2019, 08:20 AM
Exactly my point....if proactive and acted much sooner (actual game management)....could have saved a lot of grief. Problem is tho even amongst the bios/managers consensus on the issue was lacking. Good to see this moving ahead.

SemperAurum
09-14-2019, 09:12 AM
Its not just caribou that are threatened by predators in BC

All ungulates are being eaten by predators province wide.

It is time for a MASSIVE province wide predator cull. Poison, traps, helicopters........

Wolves, cougars, black bears.

Grizzly hunting also should be reinstated.

Just the other day I saw 4 cougars on the road while driving to work. 6 wolves a week ago. Close to town and right on the road.

northof49
09-14-2019, 12:42 PM
Where....let me go take care of them.

Poison aint gonna happen....that ship sailed long ago. Too much collateral damage.