PDA

View Full Version : trying to save LEH Moose draw

adamhome
09-11-2019, 08:51 PM
I got a Moose bull in 7 23 zone D; it is good till end of September;
the MU # was my hunt-partner idea.
He is not able to go this year and I do not know the area.
It is too late for prospecting and research for a cooler etc.
What do you think?

Sharpish
09-11-2019, 08:53 PM
Just go for it. Study some maps and try to spend as long as possible there until you get a moose.

whitespringer
09-11-2019, 11:14 PM
Adamhome what are you after? An experience? Or a result? It can be the same thing. Go for it and enjoy the adventure. We go to DisneyLand for.......?

Ride Red
09-12-2019, 05:08 AM
What do you think?

Don’t worry about a cooler as the weather will be fine by then to hang a moose. Hopefully you have someone to go with as it’s bear country and very thick in places, plus handling a moose on your own is tough. You’ll be north of the Parsnip river with plenty of area to explore. It’s been a few years since I’ve been back in there, but the critters are around.

Darksith
09-12-2019, 06:23 AM
go get your moose! not even sure why you would hesitate...you might not even need a cooler soon

sidney-hunter
09-12-2019, 03:50 PM
We did 7-24 in 2016, with very general info. Tagged out on a group hunt in 4 days. Hunted hard, called lots, and saw very few other ppl. Best of luck!

BRvalley
09-12-2019, 03:56 PM
a radio would be advisable for the bottom portion of redrocky road, or piggy back off of somebody else

I wouldn't hesitate to hunt that LEH blind and learn the unit as you get up there

depending on weather conditions, you are approx 2-3 hours away from Hunnifords butcher north of PG, I've only used them to process a deer into products for me, not sure if they offer only cooler service or not, could call before you go

Arctic Lake
09-12-2019, 04:10 PM
Adamhome , grab someone and go, if you drop a moose you will need a hand, no I mean 4 hands ! Looks like there are roads on both sides of the Missinka River . Grab a Backroads Mapbook get a blown up map of page 28 of the Mapbook. Call em in ! Be prepared ! Best of Luck !
Arctic Lake

Xbow
09-27-2019, 10:20 PM
Did you go?

Arctic Lake
09-28-2019, 10:03 AM
What Xbox said . Would be good to have a follow up on this .

Did you go?

rustynuggets
07-01-2020, 12:53 PM
i'll bump this as well, i got this exact draw this year and we are going
it would be nice to hear a follow up if you went

BRrooster
07-05-2020, 04:37 PM
Rusty, my son lives in Mackenzie and gets all his game processed in PG. Make some calls and arrangements for processing prior to the hunt , the weather is what it is . Peace of mind will make a great hunt better. Good luck and straight shooting.
B.

rustynuggets
07-06-2020, 10:00 PM
thanks for the heads up
i'll make some calls, should be a great trip i'm looking forward to it

bruce44
07-08-2020, 08:19 AM
What do you think?

I usually hunt 7-23E. The area has lots of trails you can go down and plenty of swamps to look at. Stay there long enough and I don't doubt you'll run into a bull eventually. If you have a canoe, you can paddle down the parsnip if the water isn't too high. Bring a fishing rod, lots of hungry fish in there.