PDA

View Full Version : Still Snowing in Ft. Nelson

David Heitsman
09-28-2007, 09:57 AM
I arrived her last night on the evening flight from YVR. The palne had to go into holding pattern above the airport for about 30 mins as they quickly brought in some non vfr planes.

Over to the hotel (Super 8) in blinding snow only to have it keep up all night and now there is 3" plus. The lobby is full of jet boaters coming and going and other hunters all waiting as we can't get our bush planes out to the camps yet. The jet boaters are waiting as they aren't interested in running up river with the snow peppering them all the way.

The bush air service told me it might be a couple days.Guess I'll brush up on Oprah today as there isn't much else to do in this little town.

I feel bad for some of the US fellas that only booked seven days as this really eats into their hunting time. Hopefully later today or maybe Saturday we can all get back out.

All I know is that it is going to be a wet cold hunt in the Tuchodis this year for me.

Lionhill
09-28-2007, 10:57 AM
Go to the chicken shack for lunch - great fries too.

LH

Wildman
09-28-2007, 11:35 AM
I dont feel bad for the US fellas...........Leave our animals alone!

Rock Doctor
09-28-2007, 11:43 AM
There is about 10" at my place, just out of town.

The "Chicken Shack" is under new ownership, I would steer clear of it.

Jetboat
09-28-2007, 11:54 AM
Dan's still good?

David Heitsman
09-28-2007, 02:33 PM
I tried a Chinese place on the West side of town. Picked up a full plate at the buffet couldn't eat any of it so went over to another Chinese place on the East side (P & T) I think it was and it was pretty good.
Talked with the boys at Wapiti Sports and CMP and looked at some pictures.

frenchbar
09-28-2007, 02:46 PM
I arrived her last night on the evening flight from YVR. The palne had to go into holding pattern above the airport for about 30 mins as they quickly brought in some non vfr planes.

Over to the hotel (Super 8) in blinding snow only to have it keep up all night and now there is 3" plus. The lobby is full of jet boaters coming and going and other hunters all waiting as we can't get our bush planes out to the camps yet. The jet boaters are waiting as they aren't interested in running up river with the snow peppering them all the way.

The bush air service told me it might be a couple days.Guess I'll brush up on Oprah today as there isn't much else to do in this little town.

I feel bad for some of the US fellas that only booked seven days as this really eats into their hunting time. Hopefully later today or maybe Saturday we can all get back out.

All I know is that it is going to be a wet cold hunt in the Tuchodis this year for me.Oprah...now that is a last resort,i would rather watch the snow fall :wink:

Lil Buck
09-28-2007, 04:22 PM
I could think of a million things to do other than watch oprah..
But do what you want Dave..

Good luck if you get in....:smile:

David Heitsman
10-13-2007, 07:24 AM
The Oprah comment was very firmly tongue in cheek!

srupp
10-13-2007, 09:24 AM
Ya our stay at the Super 8 was a thrill a minute also...lol

BCLongshot
10-13-2007, 10:09 AM
It would be a cold day in HELL when I felt sorry for a bunch of fat Americans in our province.

Don't get all pissy, I have some fat Americans who are friends and they admit that most are what they are.

Just my opinion.

Snow makes it interesting and HARDER and if we can make it HARDER not everyone will come.

Gateholio
10-13-2007, 11:52 AM
Skinny or fat, American or Canadian...we're all hunters.:smile:

David Heitsman
10-13-2007, 03:40 PM
This year I had a gentlemen from Switzerland in camp and really enjoyed his perspective. Also stayed at the hotel on the way out with 3 hunters from Sweden. All of them spoke great English and it's fun to hear them tell the stories of what we tend to take for granted.

There was also in camp an air conditioning company owner from Wisconsin, a retired corn farmer from Minnisota, a custom homebuilder from Virginia, a cement block manufacturer from Arizona, come to think of it, none of them were fat!

You know, if it wasn't for the hunters flying in, the airlines would only schedule one flight a day and not two. Fully half of each of my flights was non resident sportsmen.

As to the money they spend, well let's add it up... guides, wranglers
cooks, pilots, housekeepers, restaurants the list goes on. It's an incredible economic driver especially in the North.

Lil Buck
10-13-2007, 09:04 PM
Well Dave what did you get? Where are the pics and the story??

We know about oprah and we know who you were in camp with and Motel guests etc..

Waiting .....:smile:

lb

David Heitsman
10-14-2007, 08:32 AM
Yes I got a ram. Along with frostbite and pneumonia!

I am going to draft a post today and go over to 1/2 Slams place for a little sheep tender fry tonight and figure out how to post a pic or three.

bcmulie
10-14-2007, 10:22 AM
Dave,

Congrats on getting a ram!! Now hurry up with the pics and story!

Alan

Lil Buck
10-16-2007, 07:30 PM
Where are the pics DAVE...
Still waiting..

LB:???: