PDA

View Full Version : complete wildlife hunting closure

flyboy
09-07-2019, 09:28 AM
https://www.wltribune.com/news/tng-enact-wildlife-law-for-declared-title-lands/

only 20%. We going after it all

nice length of open season for band members Aug-Jan

crickets from BC/Federal government, The UN made us do it...

butcher
09-07-2019, 09:51 AM
Anyone feeling light-headed? Short of breath? That’s the noose tightening. You are a generation from being completely banned from your back country.

rocksteady
09-07-2019, 09:57 AM
How can a FN enact a "law"???

limit time
09-07-2019, 10:00 AM
Freeman on the land....

Spy
09-07-2019, 10:10 AM
Ok so “ hypothetically speaking “ I decide I’m as a white guy going to travel through said lands to fish hunt do whatever the **** I want on said lands... Who is going to tell me I can’t, and by what authority under Canadian law... They don’t make the laws and don’t have the authority to do Jackshit to me, if they lay one finger on me or my property then they are breaking Canadian laws... Am I wrong .

rocksteady
09-07-2019, 10:16 AM
FN have no legislative power to enact any laws, except within their own community.. that would be like them enacting an absurd law that while hunting their alleged territory that you must wear a clown nose and size 27 Ronald MacDonald shoes...

It has zero power within the legal system of canada

rocksteady
09-07-2019, 10:18 AM
Ok so “ hypothetically speaking “ I decide I’m as a white guy going to travel through said lands to fish hunt do whatever the **** I want on said lands... Who is going to tell me I can’t, and by what authority under Canadian law... They don’t make the laws and don’t have the authority to do Jackshit to me, if they lay one finger on me or my property then they are breaking Canadian laws... Am I wrong .

Agree with you, but with the power instilled to the bands from Trudeau and Horgan, it would still be a shat show.. recognition and reconcilliation is in vogue

rocksteady
09-07-2019, 10:28 AM
FN have gone way too far with approval of federal and provincial governments... they can do almost anything under the guise of r and r.. this has to stop.

Years ago when they were gonna try to drill for oil off the "Quenn Charlotte" islands, FN laid claim to it... scuse me, when historically did FN ever drill for oil as part if their heritage???

rocksteady
09-07-2019, 10:50 AM
Gotta say it..

What a bunch of bull sheit

rocksteady
09-07-2019, 11:14 AM
Total closure, except for FN that dont decide to abide.. no mention of "legal action" against them... hmmmmmm

srupp
09-07-2019, 12:44 PM
Ok so “ hypotheticalthatpeaking “ I decide I’m as a white guy going to travel through said lands to fish hunt do whatever the **** I want on said lands... Who is going to tell me I can’t, and by what authority under Canadian law... They don’t make the laws and don’t have the authority to do Jackshit to me, if they lay one finger on me or my property then they are breaking Canadian laws... Am I wrong .

Hmm unfortunately. .you would be facing consequences..
The givernment has enacted legaslation that makes it an offense to cross Tchilcotin granted land to hunt. .or to hunt on their land.
My understanding is they need to call a BC conservation officer..or RCMP.
this is only on Tchilcotin declared land by supreme court.
Interesting whore again. .has indicated, stated the province is preparing to give EXTRA lands in addition to those already given away..to EVERY band..
AND the chiefs are going for the entire west chilcotin. ..the map I seen in the paper ..it looks like 5x 7x? Whatever they already have been traitorously been given.
It never will be enough. ..oink oink oink. .to the trough..
Srupp

antlerking
09-07-2019, 12:55 PM
If this is the case and the way they want to govern “their land” then we as environmentally conscious Canadians have the responsibility to return the land back to the time before foreigners! Let’s fire up the bulldozers plow under the roads,power lines,water treatment plants,schools,grocery stores,hospitals and all other infrastructure that was forced onto them! Also can’t forget all the money Canadian tax payers give them! It’s time to give them what they want!

huntingfamily
09-07-2019, 01:03 PM
It's their 'declared land'. Not officially theirs, yet. I'd probably hunt on it if I was local. Courts would need to decide.

Bugle M In
09-07-2019, 01:13 PM
Lets recall the past.
The FN were allowed to blockade roads etc, even though "illegal" as to protest.
So, I guess we could go in with huge "hunting parties" to protest as well, even though illegal, by FN statements.

Honestly, I think that is the only way to get "EVERYONE" to listen.
And it probably means packing a lot of ammo, which is something to "not take lightly".

Otherwise, what else is there left to do????
Then the only thing left is to "Accept it".
Don't think the FN did.
Are we????

CranePete
09-07-2019, 01:17 PM
The courts can figure this out when the first challenge comes in. Me, I’ll stay on the east side of the Fraser until they sort this out. Jimmy and Joe are gonna be busy this fall...

Mulehahn
09-07-2019, 01:58 PM
When the ruling came down there was rules regarding hunting to be established in the title land, I can see this being enforced. But he clearly says they are not going to be allowing anyone through their territory to hunt outside of their title lands! How is this going to be enforced? What authority do they have to pull anyone over? Set up a road block? They have been ruled illegal many times and the courts are starting to crack down on the police for not enforcing their rulings. This is going to get ugly in a hurry. It would not surprise me if someone gets shot then it will really hit the fan.

Downwindtracker2
09-07-2019, 02:32 PM
The Neufies did it right.

srupp
09-07-2019, 02:51 PM
Hmmm first they take the reward out of hunting..the chance of success..then they take the fun away. ..will I be assaulted, will my vehicle, camp be effed with..
The BC HUNTING REGS tell us..we cant hunt on Tchilcotin land NOR cross their lands in pursuit of our hunting attempts.
No consent will be given.
Srupp

rocksteady
09-07-2019, 03:04 PM
Go on facebook and look up Hunting in BC site. Lots of good discussion on there

Gateholio
09-07-2019, 06:09 PM
When the rules become too onerous and overbearing, people start ignoring ALL the rules.

butcher
09-07-2019, 06:18 PM
When the rules become too onerous and overbearing, people start ignoring ALL the rules.

Coming soon to a M-U near you.

Squamch
09-07-2019, 07:33 PM
So what will this mean for private land owners in the area? Gcreek, any thoughts?

Walking Buffalo
09-07-2019, 07:53 PM
Indigenous Chartered hunting rights are for the individual, not Nations.

Soon someone will take the Band to court for contravening the Charter.
The Band will have to protest that Canada law and the Charter does not apply in their territory....

See the irony?

The legal clown show has just begun....

HarryToolips
09-07-2019, 09:22 PM
Man our balllless govt has given FNs way too much power.. and this Joe Alphonse is obviously an ignoramus who doesn't understand the benefits of keeping resident hunters hunting, happy, and contributing resources to wildlife.. he ultimately wants hunting to be first Nations only.. has the BCWF issued a statement of any kind on this matter?

HarryToolips
09-07-2019, 09:28 PM
So what do we do? How are we going to fight this?

butcher
09-07-2019, 10:43 PM
So what do we do? How are we going to fight this?

What are you a member of?

Spy
09-08-2019, 05:20 AM

I hope you are not going to say the BCWF

butcher
09-08-2019, 07:27 AM

No, but folks need to get on board with something.

huntingfamily
09-08-2019, 08:59 AM

What else is there? Internet bitching?
Suggestions?

RadHimself
09-08-2019, 09:15 AM
No shit, we need a better voice to represent us

bcwlf is a JOKE

mooseknuckler
09-08-2019, 09:16 AM
I wonder what the Backcountry Hunters and Anglers take is on this? It seems to me this is the biggest threat to being able to access the backcountry.

I'm currently a member of WSSBC, but interested in BHA...

butcher
09-08-2019, 09:16 AM
What else is there? Internet bitching?
Suggestions?

Excellent point. For me, WSSBC and BHA. This after much consideration. At some point put up or shut up.

butcher
09-08-2019, 09:17 AM
I wonder what the Backcountry Hunters and Anglers take is on this? It seems to me this is the biggest threat to being able to access the backcountry.

You a member Bruce ? Time to get on it.

rocksteady
09-08-2019, 09:18 AM
The only real way to deal with it us to question the local MP candidates in the upcoming election. If they are gonna support this sort of bs, they dont get our votes.. pretty simple..

FN are taking advantage of the claim for r and r, but if the politicians elected say "sorry, not buying it" is how we create changes

butcher
09-08-2019, 09:25 AM
The only real way to deal with it us to question the local MP candidates in the upcoming election. If they are gonna support this sort of bs, they dont get our votes.. pretty simple..

FN are taking advantage of the claim for r and r, but if the politicians elected say "sorry, not buying it" is how we create changes

Right, and organizations that represent large numbers of like minded people can bring greater pressure to bear on elected officials across the board. We saw this happen with the allocation debacle not that long ago.

rocksteady
09-08-2019, 09:59 AM
Right, and organizations that represent large numbers of like minded people can bring greater pressure to bear on elected officials across the board. We saw this happen with the allocation debacle not that long ago.

I dont think our present government cares when one body resists (hunters), they care when its a "general public" concern like killing Grizzlies..

Even if all of the members on here complained in unison (call it 35k) that us nothing compared to the millions complaing about trans mountain, wolf hunts, seal culls andCO2 emmissions.

butcher
09-08-2019, 10:11 AM
So there’s no point? Just let it happen?

islandarcher
09-08-2019, 10:35 AM
How can they prevent folks from crossing to hunt outside territory? Am i okay to cross through if I am photographing or camping outside the territory?

Further, is it not a Provincially maintained highway? Are my tax dollars filling pot holes and clearing snow on a road I will be prevented from driving in October?

180grainer
09-08-2019, 05:07 PM
This is almost forced racism. You'd have to be a phuking moron not to understand giving a whole whack load of land and benefits to an identifiable race at the expense of everyone else, is going to cause serious division. Like, it's almost like they want it to be that way. That's the way I'm going to start looking at it. There's a motive beyond the FN for this stuff to be happening. It's too stupid once you start considering how people operate psychologically. I know I'll get flamed for this, but I'm thinking it's a long term strategy for getting people to congregate into urban centers where it's easier to control them. Force them off the land. Hey, it's what Collectivists do. What better way to do this than start giving large tracks of land to a small minority of the population. The minority doesn't win either. They find themselves very much alone where bad shit can happen..........I know. I drink too much..........

knothead
09-08-2019, 05:28 PM
I dont think our present government cares when one body resists (hunters), they care when its a "general public" concern like killing Grizzlies..

Even if all of the members on here complained in unison (call it 35k) that us nothing compared to the millions complaing about trans mountain, wolf hunts, seal culls andCO2 emmissions.

That's not true, the end of the Grizzly hunt was determined by a very small poll who's results were manipulated by the leftists to control the narrative. If 35,000 sent letterset a political office it would be noticed.

butcher
09-08-2019, 06:21 PM
This is almost forced racism. You'd have to be a phuking moron not to understand giving a whole whack load of land and benefits to an identifiable race at the expense of everyone else, is going to cause serious division. Like, it's almost like they want it to be that way. That's the way I'm going to start looking at it. There's a motive beyond the FN for this stuff to be happening. It's too stupid once you start considering how people operate psychologically. I know I'll get flamed for this, but I'm thinking it's a long term strategy for getting people to congregate into urban centers where it's easier to control them. Force them off the land. Hey, it's what Collectivists do. What better way to do this than start giving large tracks of land to a small minority of the population. The minority doesn't win either. They find themselves very much alone where bad shit can happen..........I know. I drink too much..........

I used to think you were crazy. I still do, just less so.

REMINGTON JIM
09-08-2019, 06:28 PM
FN Leader Chief Jimmy Lulua is a POS ! :cry: jmo RJ

fuzzybiscuit
09-08-2019, 06:33 PM

It’s all a matter of perspective. Some would think you don’t drink enough...

180grainer
09-08-2019, 06:36 PM
It’s all a matter of perspective. Some would think you don’t drink enough...

You may have opened a door to an unfamiliar paradigm worth exploring.

HarryToolips
09-08-2019, 08:29 PM
I have been a member of the BCWF yes, until they weren't standing up for our rights to the extent that I think they should..I agree with you that we should all be a member of an organization, but which one? Seems like we need one for resident hunters..

HarryToolips
09-08-2019, 08:40 PM
Excellent point. For me, WSSBC and BHA. This after much consideration. At some point put up or shut up.
I have never heard of the backcountry hunters and anglers, I think I'll check that out and join...in your opinion, are they an organization that we can all get behind and they'll be vocal on our behalf? If so, I think they need to advertise a little more and we all need to jump on board and start supporting them..

338win mag
09-08-2019, 09:08 PM
...yup.......

butcher
09-08-2019, 09:14 PM
I have never heard of the backcountry hunters and anglers, I think I'll check that out and join...in your opinion, are they an organization that we can all get behind and they'll be vocal on our behalf? If so, I think they need to advertise a little more and we all need to jump on board and start supporting them..

https://www.backcountryhunters.org/british_columbia_bha

check it out and decide for yourself. I think it’s worthwhile even if it’s only a place for my support dollars to go.

Piperdown
09-09-2019, 06:33 AM
Well check out global news, Ballwinder DipSingh says if the NDP get elected he will put UNDRIP into law, PC all the way folks....

Arctic Lake
09-09-2019, 07:53 AM
Is Back Country Hunters (BHA) an American organization or Canadian ? Who on this site is a member ? Could you let me know more about HBA
Thanks
Arctic Lake

WhiteTailAB
09-09-2019, 08:42 AM

UN Agenda 21 or 30, forget which one, wants to force everyone into urban centers, easier population control.

HarryToolips
09-09-2019, 07:55 PM
https://www.backcountryhunters.org/british_columbia_bha

check it out and decide for yourself. I think it’s worthwhile even if it’s only a place for my support dollars to go.
I will, thanks..I hope if they get more members they'll become more vocal than the BCWF for our rights..

russm86
09-10-2019, 10:13 AM
How can a FN enact a "law"???

If our laws don't apply to them, then theirs sure as h*** don't apply to me...

leblanc
09-10-2019, 03:24 PM

that's my take on it as well, why should we give a crap about their made up laws when ours are dismissed?

338win mag
09-10-2019, 08:57 PM
Agree with you here.

Jack Russell
09-11-2019, 06:30 AM

It is called AGENDA 21

browningboy
09-11-2019, 09:25 AM
I wouldn't recognize the FN law, tell them to take a long hard suck...

rocksteady
09-11-2019, 09:36 AM
UN Agenda 21 or 30, forget which one, wants to force everyone into urban centers, easier population control.

UN has zero authority anywhere, they are an advisory (wishes).. board...

The UN banned land mines in many war torn countries but guess what, the non conformers to the UN dont care and keep setting land mines and blowing people to shrapnel

Bugle M In
09-11-2019, 09:56 AM
Also, have a history of being "Corrupt" as well at times^^^^

scoutlt1
09-11-2019, 07:27 PM
Also, have a history of being "Corrupt" as well at times^^^^

I would say not just "at times". The UN is rife with corruption more than any "organization" in the world. Has been for a long time.
The IOC, EU, FIFA, for example, are small potatoes in comparison.

The UN has no jurisdiction in this country or in our province. It has no authority here, and needs to be have its ass kicked to the curb. Sooner rather than later.

gcreek
09-11-2019, 08:41 PM
So what will this mean for private land owners in the area? Gcreek, any thoughts?

Lots of thoughts, some might land me in prison for conspiracy.........

While I consider Joey Alphonse a friend of mine on a personal basis I agree with none of his aspirations concerning land “entitlement” .

A couple of years ago, the former chief of Nehemiah was charged with a few sexual misconducts A good lawyer and from what I have read in personal posts from families involved, the possibility of a few threats got him away from a stay in prison. These proceedings happened during the last Rez elections. Enter Cheif Jimmy, well educated, charismatic and a rodeo hero to his people he was elected by a huge majority to take up Roger’s torch against the hated whitey. It is only lately that he has come to the forefront, thinking Joey might be nudging him along to see what can be gotten away with on a less travelled road than Hwy 20.
Many of the Chilcotins believe the whole world is watching their successes and one recently told me they will soon be driving all non natives from the land WE call Canada. I gave him a hint that there just may be a little resistance before that never came to be and that he might want to whittle a new war club.

Until politicians stop the courts from awarding these decisions and lawyers aren’t getting rich off the Canadian taxpayers backs I see little change. These natives want our money, amenities, inventions and infrastructure to keep coming and stay intact but don’t want us in the picture at all.

You might ask Chilcotin Hillbilly how it is shaking out as he stands to lose 70% of his guide area over this bs. Another friend who has had a resort on Chilco Lake for 25 years was told this spring to take the first offer the Indians give because the Province is washing its hands of the title area this fall.

Gun registrations and restrictions, more govt. control over everything, NDP welcoming the UN to our province, they all lead one to believe our socialists have something more in mind than the poor, downtrodden Red Man.

i fear shots will be fired before it’s over. Keep your powder dry.....

338win mag
09-11-2019, 08:59 PM
Your not alone in your thoughts gcreek.
Hey I thought the government was to give fair market value?
You mention "take the first offer the indians give" so who is offering money for land?

gcreek
09-11-2019, 09:05 PM
Your not alone in your thoughts gcreek.
Hey I thought the government was to give fair market value?
You mention "take the first offer the indians give" so who is offering money for land?

Only one buyer, who could get financing for property in the midst of this? Or conduct a business?

as I have stated elsewhere, the province needs to pay all those affected by this bs full market value. Then improvements and infrastructure removed and land returned to state it was 300 years ago. Then let the Indians manage “their land” without whitey influence.

srupp
09-11-2019, 11:33 PM
Hmmm exellent information however frustrating. .grrr
however section 35 of the condtitution act ,1982 recognizes and affirms existing aboriginal rights of indigenous peoples in Canada.
The Tchilcotin, nation comprised of 6 communities have " proven " title in a claim area..representing 7.6 % of the Chilcotin , affirmed by supreme court june 26,2014.

However consultation is a legal obligation, whereas UNIDRIP is a GUIDANCE document.that the government has committed to implement. ..BUT WHICH ISNT LEGALLY BINDING !
And the government and wildlife branch already know this.
UNIDRIP is merely the excuse government will use to continue to sell the taxpayer down the river..
Hmmm being a very good reader, exellent comprehension. .plus retired..= some extra time..time for thousands of pages of boring but good information.
old overweight Paramedics can sometimes accumulate vast amounts of information..
I truly feel for Doug, all the ranchers including gcreek..they have been thrown under the proverbial bus.
Sad but informed
steven

338win mag
09-12-2019, 05:26 AM
UNDRIP may not be legally binding today....but tomorrow it will be, when both provincial/federal governments make it law.

Piperdown
09-12-2019, 06:48 AM
Sorry to hear this Gcreek, but one thing for me stands out, i could never call someone who is trying to screw me a friend, if you are ever going to screw me it would only happen once and you would never be a friend of mine again. Hopefully we can get the federal and provincial govt out during the next elections and punt the UN out of Canada!!

srupp
09-12-2019, 11:06 AM
UNDRIP may not be legally binding today....but tomorrow it will be, when both provincial/federal governments make it law.

Hmmmmm no even passed into law..UNIDRIP is, nor will be legally binding, the document is for guidance only..it is not legally enforceable. ..they are principles..guidlines.
Cheers
Srupp

338win mag
09-12-2019, 01:11 PM
Hmmmmm no even passed into law..UNIDRIP is, nor will be legally binding, the document is for guidance only..it is not legally enforceable. ..they are principles..guidlines.
Cheers
Srupp
Then why are they making it law in this province and threatening to do it federally? which they will do if Trudeau gets one more term. Why make guidelines law?

butcher
09-12-2019, 03:01 PM
Cheers
Srupp

And our government is working to adopt them all and turn them into policy. I sat through a 90 minute presentation on this at a work function recently. The presenter was pumped to be doing it.

srupp
09-12-2019, 04:22 PM
Hmm guidlines can be challenged in court successfully.
Why do governments do anything..lol
lots of laws are challenged and beat..
Srupp

russm86
09-13-2019, 08:02 AM
I would say not just "at times". The UN is rife with corruption more than any "organization" in the world. Has been for a long time.
The IOC, EU, FIFA, for example, are small potatoes in comparison.

The UN has no jurisdiction in this country or in our province. It has no authority here, and needs to be have its ass kicked to the curb. Sooner rather than later.

That's what happens when unelected people are given power...

Busterbrown
09-13-2019, 08:26 AM
That's what happens when unelected people are given power...

You mean like Whoregan and Weaver ???

REMINGTON JIM
09-13-2019, 10:05 AM
gcreek : Gun registrations and restrictions, more govt. control over everything, NDP welcoming the UN to our province, they all lead one to believe our socialists have something more in mind than the poor, downtrodden Red Man.

Yea ! Maybe Time for a REVOLT Soon ! :shock: RJ

ElectricDyck
09-13-2019, 05:04 PM

I believe this to be true. On top of that there is no accountability for the first immigrants when it comes to wildlife harvest or anything for that matter. It starts to get real hard to respect the one sided unjust rules.

Weatherby Fan
09-13-2019, 05:22 PM
Well now looks like all the NDP (Provincial voters) and Liberal ( but he has nice hair Federal voters) are getting the real side of those asshats.

ElectricDyck
09-13-2019, 05:28 PM
Unfortunately I think it will take significant protest and loss of life for things to stop going the way they are going. I wouldn't worry to much about hunting the Chilko Taseko lake area, with the speed things are moving now in another 10 years it won't be worth the time or money to go fishing or hunting..

California just banned trapping. It's coming. The majority of Canadians are apathetic and ignorant, I'm friends with a few, hell there were people on HBC defending the federal Liberals and the provincial NDP, I even remember people defending Andrew Weaver on here saying he was pro hunting lol

338win mag
09-13-2019, 08:19 PM
I like this guys thinking^^^^^^^
This is one of the most logical statements I have ever heard.

Weatherby Fan
09-17-2019, 03:34 PM
Ok how long before the rest of the hunting areas in our Province is handed over by Horgan/Weaver and Trudeau ?

I give it 5 years............longer if we vote these asshats out !

REMINGTON JIM
09-17-2019, 09:25 PM
FN's will Running ALL The F&W service's before then :twisted: FN's will be Bossing all us Whiteys ! :cry: RJ

Arctic Lake
09-17-2019, 09:33 PM
FN's will Running ALL The F&W service's before then :twisted: FN's will be Bossing all us Whiteys ! :cry: RJ
Hey RJ. I think that’s a new signature line you have at the bottom . I joined BCHA as well !
Arctic Lake

REMINGTON JIM
09-17-2019, 10:34 PM
Hey RJ. I think that’s a new signature line you have at the bottom . I joined BCHA as well !
Arctic Lake

Good on you Buddy - I just signed up for 3 years ! :biggrin: RJ

Spy
09-17-2019, 11:17 PM
Unfortunately I think it will take significant protest and loss of life for things to stop going the way they are going. I wouldn't worry to much about hunting the Chilko Taseko lake area, with the speed things are moving now in another 10 years it won't be worth the time or money to go fishing or hunting..

California just banned trapping. It's coming. The majority of Canadians are apathetic and ignorant, I'm friends with a few, hell there were people on HBC defending the federal Liberals and the provincial NDP, I even remember people defending Andrew Weaver on here saying he was pro hunting lol

Yes that was me, I was wrong :-(

Pixem
09-18-2019, 01:28 AM
wow, come on then...lets just shoot the shit out of each other....are you ****ing serious!!!!!

338win mag
09-18-2019, 06:37 AM
wow, come on then...lets just shoot the shit out of each other....are you ****ing serious!!!!!
Please explain.