PDA

View Full Version : A little help

Gnarly
09-27-2007, 07:23 PM
Ok, Since I've moved back from Alberta almost 4 years ago I've taken my 72 year old father whose had a couple of strokes deer hunting for a week each year. These trips haven't nescessarily been easy as he doesn't get around very well anymore all things considered. He hunted the Christian Valley for a number of years when he was younger so we have always gone back there for his week in October and last year he even managed to take a nice little forkhorn whitey. This year however I'd like to break the mold. I'd like to find a spot where we could put the 12 foot aluminum in and do a little trout fishing during the middle of the day and I could still get him out in some fairly level terrain with a decent chance of harvesting a deer over the course of the week. I'm not after your honey hole , I just havent seen enough of the province to know many area's that would nescessarily fill the bill. I'd appreciate any insight you may be able to share.

Mtn Wonderer
09-27-2007, 08:07 PM
Maybe Big Bar Lake Easy Access And Level Country Up Top

Gerry
09-27-2007, 08:17 PM
Hey Gnarly, I used to hunt the Christian valley all the time before moving to Victoria. Lots of great hunting spots all around there and Echo Lake is terrific for trout and kokanee fishing. I have also fished and hunted around Big Bar as I have an uncle in 70 Mile House, my choice would be to stick near Christian Valley.

Dayto
09-27-2007, 08:34 PM
Mclease lake , Camp at Elk Lake.