PDA

View Full Version : Joe Rogan: "It's illegal to gut a bear in BC!"

Squamch
08-27-2019, 08:33 AM
I've heard him and John Dudley both mention this on podcasts. Where do people come up with this? They both blamed it on the gall bladder market. The only thing I can find in the regs is that it is illegal to possess or traffic in gall bladders, parts, or derivatives.

warnniklz
08-27-2019, 08:51 AM
I don't know for sure. My guess would be it's second or even 3rd hand information that's been misinterpreted.

bankshot
08-27-2019, 09:29 AM
Joe should not smoke and podcast. I like the guy but nearly everything he says needs to be fact checked.

DeepJeep
08-27-2019, 09:57 AM
Joe should not smoke and podcast. I like the guy but nearly everything he says needs to be fact checked.

He's passionate about certain topics but his knowledge is built with experience via association with knowledgeable people. If anything he's brought hunting exposure to mainstream media and he does it well.

WhiteTailAB
08-27-2019, 10:31 AM
Lots of times Joe is incorrect.

John dudley probably increased the valleyview AB population overnight since hes hunting up there right now lol.

Arctic Lake
08-27-2019, 10:49 AM
Maybe someone should contact him and let him know the FACTS !
Arctic Lake

Fella
08-27-2019, 10:50 AM
I like joe Rogan but I think he needs to lay off the mushrooms for a bit

Firstblood
08-27-2019, 12:18 PM
What was the title of Joes podcast where he mentions this? He is doing good things by bringing hunting into the mainstream, but hes not the most educated individual.

Linksman313
08-27-2019, 12:27 PM
Lots of times Joe is incorrect.

John dudley probably increased the valleyview AB population overnight since hes hunting up there right now lol.

He will probably do ok, just got back from 7 day bachelor campout just out of Whitecourt AB (just east of Valleyview/Fox Vegas. While driving in passed two (my estimate) 3 year old grizzly brothers nose down in the berries. Thankfully they were headed East opposite of our camp. Were a little noisier than usual rigging in camp and ran two man firewood teams none the less.

rocksteady
08-27-2019, 12:56 PM
I like joe Rogan but I think he needs to lay off the mushrooms for a bit

"This is your brain on drugs"!!!!

adriaticum
08-27-2019, 01:21 PM
Joe Rogan is unique because he covers the whole spectrum of opinions.
That's why I like him even though I don't like every guest he has, but he tries to cover all angles.
Plus of course he has Steven Rinella, Remi Warren and the bunch on frequently.

Squamch
08-27-2019, 02:15 PM
What was the title of Joes podcast where he mentions this? He is doing good things by bringing hunting into the mainstream, but hes not the most educated individual.

He mentioned it on the recent one with John Nores, and I've heard both him and Dudley mention it previously too

knothead
08-27-2019, 03:24 PM
Sounds to me like it’s a mix up of the rules that were possibly going to be applied to grizz hunting before it was banned.

Ron.C
08-27-2019, 03:41 PM
Yep, perhaps a bit of confusion of the rules, or misinformation being provided to Joe. In either case, he"s one of the few pro hunting celebs with the nutsto speak out and support hunting. Im not going to slam him

rocksteady
08-27-2019, 04:42 PM
Not illegal to kill blacks not illegal to take out whole... illegal to take galls with said carcass

So kill it, open it up, toss gall for the yotes/ravens.. situation normal

caddisguy
08-27-2019, 05:29 PM
It's a good podcast. He covers a lot of different stuff, but that goes hand in hand with fumbling facts. My favorite was when he thought BC was in Alaska, even after hunting in BC. Nobody is perfect.

WhiteTailAB
08-27-2019, 06:51 PM
Rinella is on his podcast now

Redthies
08-27-2019, 09:52 PM
Rinella for President!

Rotorwash
08-27-2019, 10:48 PM
I like how Joe brings hunting into the mainstream.. I mean... Just look at the number of views per episode. He is possibly the most influencial single person on the planet and how he articulates his views on hunting is a benifit to us all.
300 million downloads a month.. And he's on our side... That's some serious influence

silveragent
08-28-2019, 08:41 AM
Rogan interviews so many people on so many subjects I think he can be forgiven for slipping up. If learns the facts and still doesn't correct himself in the future, then that's on him

primitve
08-28-2019, 10:10 PM
I'm pretty sure JR is way ahead of most Canadians and the facts as we know. Period. It is illegal to sell bear parts in our province. But back in the 90's I would sell my gall bladders (legally) to a gas station owner in Black Mountain, BC . It would recoup my fuel as a 27 year old. That was Huge!

lowball
08-29-2019, 07:26 AM
I'm pretty sure JR is way ahead of most Canadians and the facts as we know. Period. It is illegal to sell bear parts in our province. But back in the 90's I would sell my gall bladders (legally) to a gas station owner in Black Mountain, BC . It would recoup my fuel as a 27 year old. That was Huge!

That is funny. JR is on par with skunky beer.

TPG
08-29-2019, 08:38 PM
1340- John Nores is the podcast for those who asked.

Squamch
08-29-2019, 09:22 PM
1340- John Nores is the podcast for those who asked.

He's brought it up before too. Not sure when. I actually sent him the pertinent section of the regs, but I don't have a blue checkmark or a viral video, so I'm unlikely to get noticed:-o