PDA

View Full Version : The ghost.

springpin
09-27-2007, 11:57 AM
Well, this morning I head out to my stand. As I am creeping down the trail, I see the rear end of a deer, slipping quietly into the bush. Can't exactly tell what it is, as it is still a little to dark. I sit quietly and watch, I see it again, but only the rump. Then it disappears. I make it to my stand and sit quietly for bout 2 hrs, and start getting a little chilly, so I go walk the route I normally walk, and there is fresh sign everywhere(still steaming). This Ghost has done this numerous times to me. It also seems that "it" does not mind me being there, or, "it" does not know I'm there. It does not flag or run off, but walks off quietly into the bush. It seems like "it" could be fairly big due to the size of its rear. Oh well, this morning wasn't a total loss (again).

I need a trail cam!!;)

bighornbob
09-27-2007, 12:04 PM
If you are able to see the rear of the deer I would say you are getting to your stand too late. I try to be in my stand at least 1/2 hour before there is any light coming up. This means walking to the stand by the way of a flash light and climbing up the tree in the dark.

BHB

Mr. Dean
09-27-2007, 12:13 PM
I'd be inclined to think that this is a MONSTER.

You better figure a way of getting a visual/ID.... SOON!

hannibal
09-28-2007, 08:05 PM
trailcam. I just bought one a month ago and for $150 it's worth it.